British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

papdimitris1 Jan 22nd 2020 2:47 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hello to everybody from Greece!

Dimitris here,

First of all I would like to wish all of us good luck and succeed to exams!
Creation of this forum was a great idea so we all can share our opinion and clarify issues that are not clear!
I 've read all messages and a lot of questions came into my mind but also and lots of answers!!!!
I believe that the most difficult part of all is dealing with family matters! I don't know if any of you have families and/or children but I would like to know any information about the relocation conditions and time periods of Frontex assignments .
​​Anyway, please, first one to receive an email give us a notice so to be prepared!!
Again good luck to everybody!!!
​​

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 22nd 2020 3:26 pm

Did anyone else apply for all 3 application processes? :lol:

gpiper Jan 22nd 2020 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12794019)
Did anyone else apply for all 3 application processes? :lol:

Yep. The way I thought about it I qualified for all three but you never know what the competition is on each level so play it safe and go for all 3. Being a true believer in the European project I really want to join in whatever level Frontex believes I can serve best. I am sure there will always be more opportunities down the road for people to scale up.

So you are not alone. I am sure there are others as well!

gpiper Jan 22nd 2020 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12793951)
Hello everyone, πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚
First of all let me also say in plain B2 English - this is an excelent thread! πŸ§²πŸ›‚πŸ›ƒ
I can only hope it will last during the selection process and I'm sure Frontex is here (among other watchers) to retain comments, ideas and concerns. πŸ§πŸ€—
Fact is transparency can never fail. 🍸🎯
And we'll done George for opening this thread!
Chapeau bas! 🎩🎩
I'm a counterterrorism intelligence officer (15 years), military academy graduate, with a relevant operational experience in Africa (6 years). 🦏🐘🐊 Then I thought "let me rest a bit" ..
Just when I was starting figuring out how the private sector works and struggling with the market, myself and everyone else about biz development, internationalization and smart specialization I ve received this link about the Frontex Standing Corps.
Now I'm trying to retrain the race horse to be fit for his qualifying season... :-)
Am I totally wrong if I say most of us are motivated by "being part of (this) history" and a different paradigm of tackling the way plan to protect Europe? Because this is the main driver for me.
Red through Frontex new regulation and found it as being a fairly good lean strategy with the provision of reassessment in 2024 - not far - in all its aspects.
I believe we should trust they will know how to pay, equip and train their guards to be more than some of those smiling "bullet catchers" we all have met from time to time ... :-)

So what I'm trying to say is hat off to the thread and feeds of information and articles, keep practicing those situps in 60 secs and break a leg everyone! 🎲🎲🎲

I sincerely wish all of us pass through this first selection process!
​​

Stanx and everyone else,

thank you for your kind words. Im glad to see this thread really catching on and becoming our little corner where we can come and find like minded people going through the same process and reach out with our questions and ideas. Moving forward as far as I am concerned I intend to share anything I find would help. We are all in this together after all!!!

gpiper Jan 22nd 2020 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by papdimitris1 (Post 12794007)
Hello to everybody from Greece!

Dimitris here,

First of all I would like to wish all of us good luck and succeed to exams!
Creation of this forum was a great idea so we all can share our opinion and clarify issues that are not clear!
I 've read all messages and a lot of questions came into my mind but also and lots of answers!!!!
I believe that the most difficult part of all is dealing with family matters! I don't know if any of you have families and/or children but I would like to know any information about the relocation conditions and time periods of Frontex assignments .
​​Anyway, please, first one to receive an email give us a notice so to be prepared!!
Again good luck to everybody!!!
​​

Hey Dimitris from a fellow Greek. I am in exactly the same situation like you are with a family with a young child. My wife is supportive and there is also the hope from all these mentions of satellite offices being setup that hopefully in the future we can be in Greece. Additionally Frontex is moving towards long term deployments as far as I know (whatever that means)! More questions than answers which is to be expected when you are hoping to join Europe's first uniformed service.

Stanx Jan 22nd 2020 7:05 pm

Do you think the situps will be with or without support on your legs?
The US military standard is with support.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 22nd 2020 9:18 pm

Just a bit of help,

After a bit of digging I found here=
https://frontex.europa.eu/about-fron...ed-procedures/
That this group won the Provision of physical aptitude testing

https://www.awf.edu.pl/
Could be a good place to try find out what the sit ups are like, Although you could be looking for a long time, I am sure they will tell us before the physical test what standards they want.

The Met Police in the UK have a similar fitness test so this video indicates their sit ups are crunches so id practice crunches and Military sit ups too just encase.

Beep test tips,

gpiper Jan 23rd 2020 6:19 am

I am confused about the press ups. Selection notice is quite unclear on them. Firstly there are so many different types of press ups. Assuming we are going with the "standard" one it is also unclear how much time we have to do them and if we are expected to do them all in one go or a set of reps. 31 press ups for me seem quite steep to do in one set. Any ideas or tips as that is the area I'm lacking most at the moment.

Neven Jan 23rd 2020 7:01 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12794344)
I am confused about the press ups. Selection notice is quite unclear on them. Firstly there are so many different types of press ups. Assuming we are going with the "standard" one it is also unclear how much time we have to do them and if we are expected to do them all in one go or a set of reps. 31 press ups for me seem quite steep to do in one set. Any ideas or tips as that is the area I'm lacking most at the moment.

As I understand it, the number of reps refers to a time of 60 seconds.

gpiper Jan 23rd 2020 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Neven (Post 12794355)
As I understand it, the number of reps refers to a time of 60 seconds.

Yeah that is made clear for the situps and mentioned in the box but not for press ups. Plus say you are quick, does that mean you can stop for a few seconds keep position and then start again or once you start you don't stop. Important details for someone to know when they are preparing. At the moment I'm assuming the worst and going by that.

Neven Jan 23rd 2020 7:23 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12794357)
Yeah that is made clear for the situps and mentioned in the box but not for press ups. Plus say you are quick, does that mean you can stop for a few seconds keep position and then start again or once you start you don't stop. Important details for someone to know when they are preparing. At the moment I'm assuming the worst and going by that.

You are right, there is no timeline for push ups, but it is important that the 31 push ups are correct ... I think we can keep position for a few seconds, that it won't cause a problem.

Tugapolice Jan 23rd 2020 10:57 am

Originally Posted by AntoU (Post 12793792)
Among the documents listed in the Frontex Open Selection Procedures page there is the "reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses" form that should apply (frontex.europa.eu/assets/Careers/Application_for_reimbursement_of_travel_and_subsis tence_expenses.docx).

Hi every1
Couldnt help thinking that this means if we are lucky enough to be selected and pass the english online test, we will have to fly to Poland at least three times, physicall test, interview and medical exams if we get a job offer? And all at our own expenses? Correct me if im wrong.
Thanks

Stanx Jan 23rd 2020 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Tugapolice (Post 12794460)
Hi every1
Couldnt help thinking that this means if we are lucky enough to be selected and pass the english online test, we will have to fly to Poland at least three times, physicall test, interview and medical exams if we get a job offer? And all at our own expenses? Correct me if im wrong.
Thanks

Yes.
But reimbursed based on an expense note I believe.

AntoU Jan 23rd 2020 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12794462)
Yes.
But reimbursed based on an expense note I believe.

I do think the same. I would like to add that hopefully they will organize physical tests and interviews during a single stay in Poland with only one journey required.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 23rd 2020 12:41 pm

I was thinking id doubt over the course of of the recruitment of 10000 border personel. Surely they won't want all 10000 to be based out of Warsaw. I'd reckon it will be like Military battalions on rotational deployments. Still something that will need more information on.