Frontex Border Guard

Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Questfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Taniapap
Hello! I think we must be patient!
I have received my results for the English, but my speaking level is not enough...🙁
19years in police, congratulations! Are you from Athens?
Good luck 🤞🤞🤞
Sorry to hear that Tania, yes I am in Athens and you? Still no invitation came but it s ok🙂🙂🙂
Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veroni
Hello everyone,

A lot of questions about the physical tests still left with no answer! It's like applying for NASA!
I also have a question for the girls in this forum. How good are your push-ups? And for everyone else: How scared should I be about the speaking test?
Hoping that the guys posting now, will be back here after their tests, I wish you all the best of luck.
I think the most important thing for speaking test is to use all the time given. Majority of those who failed to pass the english test did it at the speaking part. I recommend you use your best vocabulary and avoid to make grammar mistakes. Take all your time, the second part of the test is not time related, and upload your recordings only after you are 100% certain is correct. If you are good at english it should be smooth as butter
Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Taniapap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veroni
Hello everyone,

A lot of questions about the physical tests still left with no answer! It's like applying for NASA!
I also have a question for the girls in this forum. How good are your push-ups? And for everyone else: How scared should I be about the speaking test?
Hoping that the guys posting now, will be back here after their tests, I wish you all the best of luck.
Hi, about the speaking test, mine was a disaster! Even if the other results are more than ok, for this I don't have the B2 level... Be enough fluent!
About the physical tests, I don't know exactly what to expect for us! I'm not seeing lot of girls here 😉
wish you the best!
Old Feb 13th 2020, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Taniapap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Questfer
Sorry to hear that Tania, yes I am in Athens and you? Still no invitation came but it s ok🙂🙂🙂
I'm also in athens, porto rafti exactly. You will receive soon! I'm not so sad to fail, if it was greek-glish speaking test, I will be the best 😂😂😂
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taniapap
Hi, about the speaking test, mine was a disaster! Even if the other results are more than ok, for this I don't have the B2 level... Be enough fluent!
About the physical tests, I don't know exactly what to expect for us! I'm not seeing lot of girls here 😉
wish you the best!
About the speaking test, how does it work? Is it based upon a free conversation with someone or interaction with pre-recorded questions?
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Larry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Claudio
Hi 5200

​Where did you find this information?
Do you also have information on the rules for carrying out push ups
and if the series must always be carried out in a minute? (... in the applicaton for AST4, about push ups the reference time is not indicated!)
If you or someone else has information about it and can clarify these doubts
I think that we all would be grateful.
Thanks in advance
I think only max reps count. No time gap, no rest
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Claudio
Hi 5200

​Where did you find this information?
Do you also have information on the rules for carrying out push ups
and if the series must always be carried out in a minute? (... in the applicaton for AST4, about push ups the reference time is not indicated!)
If you or someone else has information about it and can clarify these doubts
I think that we all would be grateful.
Thanks in advance
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL APTITUDE TEST TRIALS
1. Shuttle Run 10 times 10 meters - assessment of the candidate's speed, manoeuvrability
and leg muscle strength.
The exercise description is provided below:
- One flag on the start and finish line (height at least 140 cm),
- The second flag, of the same height, at a distance of 10 meters from the first one.
- When the "ready" command is announced the candidate stands on the start line (the foot
cannot touch the line),
- When the "start" command is announced by a sound signal, the candidate runs towards
the second flag, runs around it and returns to the first flag. This sequence is repeated
five times.
- Candidate’s time is measured until the moment he/she crosses the finish line for the fifth
time.
- Knocking over the flag causes the whole exercise to be repeated once.
- The time is measured from the “start” signal to the moment of crossing of the finish line,
with accuracy of 0,1 second.
2. Push-ups - assessment of the strength of the candidate's arms and upper limbs.
- Once the "ready" command is announced, the candidate takes the starting position, face-
down with straight arms (fingers pointing forward, hands spread shoulder-width apart)
with legs together or slightly apart (maximum hip width).
- After the "train" command is announced, the candidate bends his/her arms at the elbows
so the shoulder joints are at the height of the elbows or below (straight silhouette - i.e.
the shoulders, hips and ankles of the feet are in a straight line), then returns to the
starting position and repeats the exercise.
- Exercise is performed in one sequence (without breaks between successive repetitions).
- The instructor counts the number of completed repetitions out loud. If the candidate
performs the exercise not as instructed e.g.:
o does not bend his/her arms,
o does not straighten the arms completely,
o does not keep the whole body in a straight line, or
o stops,
the instructor takes into account only the number of the last correct repetition.
Maximal Multistage 20-m Shuttle Run Test (Beep Test).The exercise description is provided below: - The multistage test consists of running between two markers (lines), 20 meters apart at a specified, constantly increasing (approximately every 1 min) pace. - The minimum width of the track is 1 meter. - The pace is indicated by a sound (beep) signal, during which the candidate must reachoutside of the designated line with both legs. - If the candidate reaches the line before the signal, he/she should stop behind it and move on to the next section only after hearing the next beep signal. - The test ends when the candidate is no longer able to keep up with the increasing pace i.e. runs another 20 meters twice in the same time interval or fails to reach the opposite marker for two consecutive beeps.- The final result is the number of level started and the number of 20-meters runs at this level (e.g. 9-6, where 9 is the level and 6 is the 20-meter section).

The guys invited for physical received all this information, but instead of sharing, they prefer to congratulate all the other. The hipocrisy is strong on this topic, unfortunately...
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
i see alot of you are still blurry about the english test.
Concidering i passed mine i will try to help you all with some infos. The english test is taken on a platform, tracktest.eu, there is no interraction with humans. It is splitted in two parts. First part must be completed in 50 minutes. Take ypur time here, i rushed myslef because i didnt know what is comming next and finished it in 34 minutes.
the second part it is harder. Here you dont have a time cap to finish, just take your time and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. give your best, and use the most out of your vocabulary. This part counts the most i notticed. The majority failed the english test with the second part.

Last edited by IONUT; Feb 13th 2020 at 4:31 am.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fernandes
About the speaking test, how does it work? Is it based upon a free conversation with someone or interaction with pre-recorded questions?
There are about 8 written questions you should record your answer one by one. Some 30 seconds some 60 seconds.
​​​​​​Something like .. What's the best way spend free time?
And you below you ll have a photo with friends and another one with sports.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Pedro5520 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5200
1. Shuttle Run 10 times 10 meters - assessment of the candidate's speed, manoeuvrability
and leg muscle strength.
- The second flag, of the same height, at a distance of 10 meters from the first one.
- When the "ready" command is announced the candidate stands on the start line (the foot
cannot touch the line),
- When the "start" command is announced by a sound signal, the candidate runs towards
the second flag, runs around it and returns to the first flag. This sequence is repeated
five times.
- Candidate’s time is measured until the moment he/she crosses the finish line for the fifth
time.
- The time is measured from the “start” signal to the moment of crossing of the finish line,
2. Push-ups - assessment of the strength of the candidate's arms and upper limbs.
- Once the "ready" command is announced, the candidate takes the starting position, face-
down with straight arms (fingers pointing forward, hands spread shoulder-width apart)
- After the "train" command is announced, the candidate bends his/her arms at the elbows
so the shoulder joints are at the height of the elbows or below (straight silhouette - i.e.
the shoulders, hips and ankles of the feet are in a straight line), then returns to the
- Exercise is performed in one sequence (without breaks between successive repetitions).
- The instructor counts the number of completed repetitions out loud. If the candidate
o stops,
the instructor takes into account only the number of the last correct repetition.
Maximal Multistage 20-m Shuttle Run Test (Beep Test).The exercise description is provided below: - The multistage test consists of running between two markers (lines), 20 meters apart at a specified, constantly increasing (approximately every 1 min) pace. - The minimum width of the track is 1 meter. - The pace is indicated by a sound (beep) signal, during which the candidate must reachoutside of the designated line with both legs. - If the candidate reaches the line before the signal, he/she should stop behind it and move on to the next section only after hearing the next beep signal. - The test ends when the candidate is no longer able to keep up with the increasing pace i.e. runs another 20 meters twice in the same time interval or fails to reach the opposite marker for two consecutive beeps.- The final result is the number of level started and the number of 20-meters runs at this level (e.g. 9-6, where 9 is the level and 6 is the 20-meter section).

The guys invited for physical received all this information, but instead of sharing, they prefer to congratulate all the other. The hipocrisy is strong on this topic, unfortunately...
Fair Play 5200,
Thanks a million for sharing the info. It's not giving away any secrets or breaking rules but it is nice to know. I appreciate it. Cheers.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fernandes
For me it was close to be a disaster, I answered too quickly, a little bit of stress, unfortunately I don't speak English everyday.
So take your time and think carefully about your answer before recording it.
Stay simple, and be careful not to let your mind fly away if your vocabulary is poor as mine.

I 've tried all the sport tests this afternoon.

the sit ups are horrible for the neck, and more demanding than the traditional one.

Push up are ok, beep test ok, but the 10×10 are clearly different with the flag, it is harder, more distance to cover, and be careful not to drop the flag on the floor.

Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Larry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pedro5520
Fair Play 5200,
Thanks a million for sharing the info. It's not giving away any secrets or breaking rules but it is nice to know. I appreciate it. Cheers.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 4:44 am
Just Joined

NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found it on the FB... for those not yet invited (including me)... looks like we gonna have a long wait...

Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Platon2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5200
and leg muscle strength.
cannot touch the line),
five times.
time.
o stops,

5200 you have big balls my friend. I wish you good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Alissi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NewUser12
Just found it on the FB... for those not yet invited (including me)... looks like we gonna have a long wait...

mid-April?! This goes far more than the announced timeline. If they’re making this comment on their official Fb page, an official statement would be required! I don’t get it why it’s such a big secret anything about this selection. They seem to respect their own rules selectively (for instance, if you look on their selection notices, they state clearly that the shortlisting comes after the English test), a lot of info are missing (like the requirements for the physical aptitude test...listed just until 47 yo in all three selection notices although for AST4 and AD7 there’s no age limit) and others aren’t clear at all...Perhaps the next recruitment will be better organized...
Regarding the speaking test (8questions), they assess the fluency, coherence, accuracy and range (vocabulary). In other words, the ideas should be logically connected, without many pauses, without too many mistakes (tenses, preposition etc.), using as much English vocabulary as you have...I hope it helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.