British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

AntoU Jan 26th 2020 3:07 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796055)
Yeah wayyyyyy too soon for me as well. Has to be in March otherwise no chance with the press ups

I have stopped to look my email since I have joined the group. I hope will be later too so to improve in everything it is required.....ah ah ah

Platon2020 Jan 26th 2020 3:34 pm

Hello friends!
My name is Dimitris and i am Major to the Hellinic Army.

I participated to the selection prosedure of the European Border and Coast Guard Agency.

I would like to ask you the following questions:

A. After the probationary period the permanent settlement will be at Warsaw and from there the Frontex personel will be deployed where is necessary?

B. If my base will be in Warsaw , how many months I will be deployed every year ?

C. Will I have to pay the expenses for two (2) households ? One in Warsaw and one in at the deployment area ?

D. If my wife is also accepted to Frontex , can we deployed to the same place ?

I sent an email to the HR department of Frontex but I have not received an answer yet... Does any candidate have any idea?

gpiper Jan 26th 2020 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Platon2020 (Post 12796108)
Hello friends!

I participated to the selection prosedure of the European Border and Coast Guard Agency.

A. After the probationary period the permanent settlement will be at Warsaw and from there the Frontex personel will be deployed where is necessary?

B. If my base will be in Warsaw , how many months I will be deployed every year ?

C. Will I have to pay the expenses for two (2) households ? One in Warsaw and one in at the deployment area ?

I sent an email to the HR department of Frontex but I have not received an answer yet... Does any candidate have any idea?

Hey Dimitris,

My understanding is that there will be an expectation we have a permanent base in Warsaw. Realistically I cannot see that being the case for everyone unless you are based out of HQ.

Deployments look to be long-term having read the selection notice with periods back in Warsaw for re-certification and annual leave and any other annual training and development.

Housing is a good question. We get a deployment allowance but that would not be enough to sustain two households (see rents in Greek islands). Frontex staff get put up in hotels dont they? I know for example some Frontex seconded German police officers were staying in a 5 star hotel in Ioannina in Northern Greece.

So many questions so few answers. Has anyone actually heard back from emailing that inbox? I think they must have been overwhelmed very quickly and gave up altogether.

AntoU Jan 26th 2020 3:51 pm

Hello friends!

From what I have understood so far:

A. Yes;
B. I don't think they have provide this information yet. They just informed that will be on a rotation basis returning back to Warsaw for further training after an unspecified deployement period;
C. I just guess here. I think that the deployement expenses will be covered by the mission allowance which, in turn, depends by the specific country interested;
D. I Don't know how much flexible they are in dealing with the specific situation.

AntoU Jan 26th 2020 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I have just found this interesting link in a frontex linkedin thread created for this selection procedure by the Frontex Team.

https://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Car...nt_process.pdf

it seems that the english test will be held on a test center on a date between 21 February 2020 - 04 March 2020 to be chosen after receving the invitation.

gpiper Jan 26th 2020 5:10 pm

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...71a95dd95c.jpg
Found the link you mention. Although it is on a thread created for Border Guards it is a direct reply to a question about the Support Officers role so it does not apply to us.

AntoU Jan 26th 2020 6:23 pm

You are right. It looks like they are very busy with many ongoing selection processes.....

Chantal F Jan 26th 2020 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796055)
Yeah wayyyyyy too soon for me as well. Has to be in March otherwise no chance with the press ups

The shuttle run and the 10x10m sprinting (must be VERY fast) will be my main challenge...:-(
I work out but running is not one of my qualities...

tkadunc Jan 26th 2020 8:21 pm

This is not a guess but a piece of confirmed information - interviews will take place the day after the physical tests. Good luck.

tkadunc Jan 26th 2020 8:34 pm

Hello friends!

A: Yes. When border guards won't be deployed, they will be stationed in Warsaw.

B: That is still unknown

C. No, Frontex will provide you with accommodation when deployed.

D. There was a similar question on their Facebook page and their reply was that it all depends on operational needs. Basically they won't promise you that you two will be deployed togetehr.

gpiper Jan 26th 2020 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by tkadunc (Post 12796264)
This is not a guess but a piece of confirmed information - interviews will take place the day after the physical tests. Good luck.

That's great news! Are you at liberty to tell us how you confirmed it?

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 26th 2020 8:41 pm

That is good news.

AntoU Jan 26th 2020 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by tkadunc (Post 12796264)

That is a good news but how you do you know that?

Larry92 Jan 26th 2020 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tugapolice (Post 12791102)
Ok. Then i regret to say that i havent been contacted yet. But if i do ill post here.
Again good luck every1

Hello everybody and good luck! Talking about the selection process , I would like to make some question about the English test. It's already clarified that English test will take place online. Does anybody know what type of test will it be? ( multiple choice ? Writing an essay?) Secondly, is anybody sure where the physical test will take place?

Tugapolice Jan 27th 2020 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Larry92 (Post 12796301)
Hello everybody and good luck! Talking about the selection process , I would like to make some question about the English test. It's already clarified that English test will take place online. Does anybody know what type of test will it be? ( multiple choice ? Writing an essay?) Secondly, is anybody sure where the physical test will take place?

As promissed, i writing this a few minutes after receiving my acceptence Mail. Best of luck for every1

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Tugapolice (Post 12796393)
As promissed, i writing this a few minutes after receiving my acceptence Mail. Best of luck for every1

Do you mean you got an email for the English test?

Tugapolice Jan 27th 2020 7:41 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796398)
Do you mean you got an email for the English test?

yes,that’s what i mean.

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Tugapolice (Post 12796399)
yes,that’s what i mean.

Hey well done. Nothing here yet unfortunately!!! Is it just a link and instructions for the english test or is there any other info and dates there? Let us know when you can. Anyone else got an email yet?

Chantal F Jan 27th 2020 7:50 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796400)
Hey well done. Nothing here yet unfortunately!!! Is it just a link and instructions for the english test or is there any other info and dates there? Let us know when you can. Anyone else got an email yet?

No...me neither...:unsure:

AntoU Jan 27th 2020 7:51 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796400)

Still waiting here....

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 27th 2020 7:56 am

Still waiting here. Irish time zone.

Chantal F Jan 27th 2020 8:03 am

Maybe they will not send out all the mails on the same day but do it in chunks....

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 27th 2020 8:10 am

Now I'm getting nervous when some people are getting there emails :lol:

Thejoyinart Jan 27th 2020 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Tugapolice (Post 12796393)

Delighted for
, no email for me!

Stanx Jan 27th 2020 8:26 am

Excelent exercise Tugapolice! :-)

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 8:27 am

yes,that’s what i mean.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot so we know what to expect???

Lenka01 Jan 27th 2020 8:31 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796435)
Would you mind sharing a screenshot so we know what to expect???

Good news. Great for you.
But for me nothing .... (yet ?!!?)

Larry92 Jan 27th 2020 9:09 am

yes,that’s what i mean.

Wait, wait. Just to clear the situation. Do you mean that you have already received the e-mail for the English test? Isn't it a little bit early to receive the e mail? According frontex announcements , early February e-mail will be sent to the successful candidates.

Stanx Jan 27th 2020 9:14 am

As said, I'm certain s(he) has just exercised our reactions.
​​​​​​
​​​​​

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12796455)
As said, I'm certain s(he) has just exercised our reactions.
​​​​​​
​​​​​

I'm beginning to agree with you!!!

AntoU Jan 27th 2020 9:24 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796459)
I'm beginning to agree with you!!!

I do believe the same....

Chantal F Jan 27th 2020 9:39 am

Originally Posted by AntoU (Post 12796460)
I do believe the same....

That would be kind of stupid, wouldn't it...

Neven Jan 27th 2020 9:49 am

Tugapolice is from Portugal, is there anyone else from Portugal?

Lenka01 Jan 27th 2020 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Neven (Post 12796469)
Tugapolice is from Portugal, is there anyone else from Portugal?

Present. As said no e-mail received.

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 10:04 am

https://etendering.ted.europa.eu/doc...ocFileId=71170

Link to the specifications for the tendering process that happened for the English exams. It has some interesting info and should answer some questions.

Stanx Jan 27th 2020 10:46 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796481)
https://etendering.ted.europa.eu/doc...ocFileId=71170

Link to the specifications for the tendering process that happened for the English exams. It has some interesting info and should answer some questions.

Thanks Gpiper!
​​​​This is really useful.

Chantal F Jan 27th 2020 11:50 am

Tuga is obviously the only one that received an e-mail....

NewUser12 Jan 27th 2020 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Chantal F (Post 12796524)
Tuga is obviously the only one that received an e-mail....

hi guys,
I am a new user. I reckon he got an email as he applied for the advanced role. As far as I can see, he has over 20 years of experiance in policing. Did anyone of you guys apply for the advanced or intermediate role? Or did you go with the basic one? I got no emails so far. Good luck everyone!

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by NewUser12 (Post 12796526)
hi guys,
I am a new user. I reckon he got an email as he applied for the advanced role. As far as I can see, he has over 20 years of experiance in policing. Did anyone of you guys apply for the advanced or intermediate role? Or did you go with the basic one? I got no emails so far. Good luck everyone!

I have applied for all three levels so it definitely is not level related. Additionally quite a few people here are very experienced from various backgrounds. I am sure he will be able to produce a screenshot to help all of us doubters!!!

Chantal F Jan 27th 2020 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by NewUser12 (Post 12796526)
hi guys,

I also applied for advanced..but no e-mail so far :(