Frontex Border Guard

Old Feb 8th 2020, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Thanks @AntoU for the link shared
It's very useful

I was thinking ... the order of convocation to the tests, could it also be influenced by the information that we gave in the application form about the notice period required by our current employer ? 🤔Personally I wrote 7÷15 days...
Old Feb 8th 2020, 7:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Claudio
Thanks @AntoU for the link shared
It's very useful

I was thinking ... the order of convocation to the tests, could it also be influenced by the information that we gave in the application form about the notice period required by our current employer ? 🤔Personally I wrote 7÷15 days...
I wrote 1 month for mine as the administration in my place is very slow
Old Feb 8th 2020, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
I wrote 1 month for mine as the administration in my place is very slow
Have you already received the email to take the English test Fudokanconway ?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Claudio
Have you already received the email to take the English test Fudokanconway ?
Yes I received the email yesterday.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat092; Feb 8th 2020 at 7:39 am.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Yes I received the email yesterday.
Good news Fudokanconway 👍👍👍
and ​good luck buddy!​​​​​​
Keep us informed if you can 🙂
Old Feb 9th 2020, 2:59 am
Just Joined

NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just wondering how that works... let’s say I am employed by Frontex and from now on I will have to pay taxes in Poland. I have got a family and house on which I got a mortgage but it is in different country. On the FX website it says that I will be deployed to the country accordingly to the FX needs. So let’s say I will be based thousand miles away from my family patrolling borders. Can my family join me in that country or because I pay taxes etc. in Poland where I am actually employed they must move down there? I understand that for a single person it’s a great adventure but how that works when you are responsible for your family.
I understand that most of you guys hope to be based in your own countries where the pay is much higher than the local governments pay to border guards but like I say it all depends of the FX needs.
what if you are sent down somewhere else??? It’s a duty in fact, not just an another job... what are your opinions on it?
Old Feb 9th 2020, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NewUser12
I am just wondering how that works... let’s say I am employed by Frontex and from now on I will have to pay taxes in Poland. I have got a family and house on which I got a mortgage but it is in different country. On the FX website it says that I will be deployed to the country accordingly to the FX needs. So let’s say I will be based thousand miles away from my family patrolling borders. Can my family join me in that country or because I pay taxes etc. in Poland where I am actually employed they must move down there? I understand that for a single person it’s a great adventure but how that works when you are responsible for your family.
I understand that most of you guys hope to be based in your own countries where the pay is much higher than the local governments pay to border guards but like I say it all depends of the FX needs.
what if you are sent down somewhere else??? It’s a duty in fact, not just an another job... what are your opinions on it?
Hopefully we all get more clarification on that when the first batch go to do there interview nextweek. I do know that here in Ireland, Poland and Ireland have a bilateral tax agreement meaning you pay tax where you work, of course I'd still have to pay property tax back at home but the fact ive a house here then I think that means I get expatriation allowance.

Furthermore, The pay for FG14 is very low until it reaches grade 16 and id love to know just what I need to even get that grade when on this group there are Individuals with more experience than me and very high levels of education only getting offered Basic level.

I think they do have an intention down the road having all 700 move to Warsaw but in all no one really knows until next week.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

We really have little information about that, so it is not easy to figure out how it will works.

If you look at the schedule sent by Anto, the training is 24 weeks with just a few holidays (total 8 days), only week-ends.

where the school will take place? How will it be possible to go back home for 2 days if the school is located in Spain or Croatia for example?
We will see in time but it can be hard for our families.

Regarding taxes, you will not have to pay taxes in Poland or in your original country, taxes are already taken by UE on the salary:
"EU agencies-employees are exempted from national income tax according to an agreement, the so-called Protocol on Privileges and Immunities of the European Union, annexed to the treaties establishing the Union. "

"EU employees pay a progressive income tax on their salaries and pensions of between 8 % up to 45%. In addition they also pay a special solidarity levy of 6 % or 7 %. Counting all taxes and social security contributions to pension and health insurance the marginaltax rate can, in some cases, rise to up above 50 %."

I don't think we will be based in our countries, personally I
don't want it, I really want to discover other countries and I understand that it can be difficult with a family.
Depending on our missions, we can be deployed for a short or middle term period of time, and if we are based in Warsaw, we will need to come back there I imagine.
Either your family stay in your original country or they come in Warsaw.
And in any case I think we will need a place to live in Warsaw, some can arrange something together in this city, to reduce the cost

Every situation is different, but hard to plan for the moment.
we have to go step by step, hoping that Fx will provide more information sooner or later
And we have to be patient.

Old Feb 9th 2020, 3:38 am
Just Joined

VasiRo is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're asking me, there are only two scenarios in which this thing it's worth for you :
1. You don't have kids and you really like the job and take this whole thing as an adventure.
2. You come from either 2004 and 2007 (plus Croatia, i think 2017) wave countries (and maybe Greece or Portugal) and make at least double the money you would make at home.
A third scenario, but this is a long shot, it's that you live in a EU border country, like Italy or whatever and HOPE you will be assigned to work only or mostly on that border.
That's just my take, i really doubt it makes financial sense for say an Irish or Belgian or any high income country citizen that works for his government.
​​​​​
Old Feb 9th 2020, 3:46 am
Account Closed

You could be right. The northern Ireland border here next year could be interesting though 😁
Old Feb 9th 2020, 3:55 am
Just Joined

VasiRo is an unknown quantity at this point

You could be right. The northern Ireland border here next year could be interesting though 😁
One of the main reasons the brits left was so they could better protect their borders, so i doubt there will be a lot for Frontex to do there. 😂 Except to piss of the brits, of course, which is always fun. Just kidding, brits are really great.
​​​​
Old Feb 9th 2020, 3:56 am
Just Joined

NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your answers... it really opens my mind.
I am quite surprised that some of you guys with masters degree and so many years in policing where I know from my own experience you don’t need to patrol streets anymore and spend your shifts in a warm office doing your paperwork want to patrol borders being outside again :-)
I agree with you that there is no clear information in regards to the work conditions so far.
It’s definately a massive challenge for me as I got wife, kids etc. That’s why I am willing to listen to your opinions...

Old Feb 9th 2020, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by VasiRo
One of the main reasons the brits left was so they could better protect their borders, so i doubt there will be a lot for Frontex to do there. 😂 Except to piss of the brits, of course, which is always fun. Just kidding, brits are really great.
​​​​
Haha I hear you, there a grand bunch of lads 😊
Old Feb 9th 2020, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Thanks for your answers... it really opens my mind.
I am quite surprised that some of you guys with masters degree and so many years in policing where I know from my own experience you don’t need to patrol streets anymore and spend your shifts in a warm office doing your paperwork want to patrol borders being outside again :-)
I agree with you that there is no clear information in regards to the work conditions so far.
It’s definately a massive challenge for me as I got wife, kids etc. That’s why I am willing to listen to your opinions...
That's an interesting point. They clearly want well experienced candidates but obviously any one seriously routed in the current employment has to also be routed in the current location with houses, family ect. It will be interesting to see what they intend for the intake to do. I am going to go as far as I can with the campaign anyway and at the end make the final decision at the end if it's worth it.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

For information:

"Am I entitled to family allowances? Household allowance?
A fixed amount (revised annually) + 2% of basic salary. The household allowance is granted to staff who have one or more dependent children and to staff who are married but who have no children, provided the pre-tax income of the spouse/ recognised partner does not exceed a specified annual ceiling.

Dependent child allowance?
A fixed amount (revised annually) per month and per dependent child:  this allowance is granted automatically for children under the age of 18 with no income ;  for children between 18 and 26 who are receiving educational or vocational training, a declaration needs to be filed in sysper with supporting documents;
 other persons whose maintenance involves heavy expenditure can exceptionally be treated as dependent children on the condition that national legislation imposes a maintenance obligation in respect of such persons. The appointing authority will take a reasoned decision on the basis of documentary evidence.

Pre-school allowance?
A fixed amount (revised annually) per month and for each child under the age of 5 or not yet in regular attendance at a primary school (until the child reaches the age of 8).

Education allowance?
From the first year at primary school, staff members may receive reimbursement of the registration fees and transport costs they have incurred up to a maximum monthly amount (revised annually) for each dependent child. A declaration needs to be filed in sysper with supporting documents. This allowance ceases when the conditions giving such entitlement are no longer met and not later than the end of the month in which the child reaches the age of 26.

Am I entitled to the expatriation allowance or foreign allowance?
Expatriation allowance:  it represents 16% of basic salary  it is granted to staff who:

are not and have never been nationals of the State in whose territory the place they are employed is situated and who, during the five years ending six months before they took up duty, did not habitually reside or work within that territory;
are or have been nationals of the State in whose territory the place they are employed is situated but who, during the ten years ending at the date of their taking up duty habitually resided outside the European territory of the State for reasons other than the performance of duties in the service of a State or of an international organisation.

Foreign residence allowance: 
it represents 4% of basic salary  it is granted to staff who are not and have never been nationals of the State in whose territory the place they are employed is situated but who do not meet the conditions for entitlement to the expatriation allowance."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.