Frontex Border Guard

Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:18 pm
  #286  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 13
Tugapolice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Brubru
No problem Tuga, 87%.
But they had a technical issue with my speaking test and they sent me the final result this Monday.
So I imagine (and hoping...) that I am still in the queue
Hello again Brubru.If you happen to get the email with the invite, please say something here, so I can be sure that something went wrong with my exam. Thanks
Tugapolice is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:34 pm
  #287  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 111
Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Tugapolice
Hello again Brubru.If you happen to get the email with the invite, please say something here, so I can be sure that something went wrong with my exam. Thanks
Hello Tuga,

No problem, you can count on me, if I have an email I will inform you here.
Brubru is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:49 pm
  #288  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 137
Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hello everyone,
Let me also ask a question please.
Has anyone received the mail with the physical test and interview from AD7StandingCorps?
​​​​​I'm also standing by to receive the following email after passing the English test. The English test invitation came from AD7 but I have also applied to intermediate.
Passed the test with 82% and I'm active and worked in supply chain security and counterterrorism both in Africa and Europe.
In my opinion FX setup coordinating teams based on basic-intermediate and advanced categories and are running the first "batches" of candidates all the way through the selection process.


Stanx is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:52 pm
  #289  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 13
Tugapolice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Stanx
Hello everyone,
Let me also ask a question please.
Has anyone received the mail with the physical test and interview from AD7StandingCorps?
​​​​​I'm also standing by to receive the following email after passing the English test. The English test invitation came from AD7 but I have also applied to intermediate.
Passed the test with 82% and I'm active and worked in supply chain security and counterterrorism both in Africa and Europe.
In my opinion FX setup coordinating teams based on basic-intermediate and advanced categories and are running the first "batches" of candidates all the way through the selection process.
Mine was for basic level. But seems I might have a problem with the English test. I got the certificate but haven’t received the invite yet. Did my test on the other tuesday. Will keep waiting.
Tugapolice is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2020, 9:50 pm
  #290  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 111
Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Tugapolice
Mine was for basic level. But seems I might have a problem with the English test. I got the certificate but haven’t received the invite yet. Did my test on the other tuesday. Will keep waiting.
Tuga, have you got a below the level skill in the speaking test, even if the total meet the level?
Just an hypothesis, but if it is the case, they might send your mail later, after those who meet the level for each criteria.
Brubru is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2020, 11:27 pm
  #291  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 24
Alissi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by NewUser12
I am starting to believe that they have already chosen the candidates they would like to employ last week. If any of those people who got an email fail any test, they will simply send an invitation to another candidate from their shortlist.

I hope I am wrong but it just takes too long... what do you think guys?
I’m starting to believe the same thing. Apparently they’ve only sent emails on 27 and 28 of January. Nothing more from then, but they are replying to our email that the process is ongoing and might last until mid March...Very unclear in the emails and no public announcement on any of their pages. Moreover, on the website, the status is still “eligibility check and screening of applications” for all three levels. I would’ve liked and expected more transparency...
Alissi is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 5:48 am
  #292  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 28
Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

I really do not understand why they cannot manage to notify automatically everyone through their IT platform, considering the applications were submitted online.

I hope the procedure is still ongoing. I am a Portuguese senior police officer with no under 10 year experience and applied for both three levels. I was hoping to be selected for basic level at least, but nothing so far. We’ll have to wait for the next few weeks.

Last edited by Fernandes; Feb 6th 2020 at 5:54 am.
Fernandes is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 5:58 am
  #293  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 28
Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Tugapolice
Mine was for basic level. But seems I might have a problem with the English test. I got the certificate but haven’t received the invite yet. Did my test on the other tuesday. Will keep waiting.
Tugapolice, did you apply for basic level only? And when exactly did you receive notification e-mail to proceed for further tests?
Fernandes is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 7:56 am
  #294  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 29
NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

I’ve got a feeling they are going trough the references as well. It might take some time to get a reply depending on where you’ve worked before.

but still I’ve never come across a recruitment process of that kind. I normally had a feedback of what was happening with my application. I don’t blame people of being a bit frustrated with the timescale. Come on! How much time you need to sort out a few thoushands application forms ;-))))
NewUser12 is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:51 pm
  #295  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 62
5200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

So far, apparently no active border guard was selected. I know at least 10 border guards who applied, all with ~15 years of experience, from which more than 1 year in frontex deployments, and none was contacted. My theory is that the members of national ebcg teams won't be selected, given the fact that frontex already knows their availability for needed deployment. If that's the case, shame on you, fx!
5200 is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:08 pm
  #296  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 137
Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

I'm am also standing by to be invited for physical.
I've performed all the physical tests better than required.
B2 English test passed.
However I believe we can't all at once meet all their criteria and priorities.
They will contact us for sure.
Anyways it's a win. Look at it this way! :-)
​​​​
Stanx is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:13 pm
  #297  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 6
Juzhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hello everyone,
​​​​​​
I got selected for basic level and would like to ask if any of you know what's the main differences between contract staff and temporary staff (AD and AST). I read we can't apply for temporary positions without at least three years of expierence in function group. Is there any significant things or regulations I should know?

Thank you guys and good luck everyone
​​​
Juzhu is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:57 pm
  #298  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 111
Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Juzhu
Hello everyone,
​​​​​​
I got selected for basic level and would like to ask if any of you know what's the main differences between contract staff and temporary staff (AD and AST). I read we can't apply for temporary positions without at least three years of expierence in function group. Is there any significant things or regulations I should know?

Thank you guys and good luck everyone
​​​
Hello Juzhu,

the difference is mainly a question of qualification:

Here are the 4th types of contracts that you can encounter in UE agencies (Frontex, Europol...)

Permanent staff

Permanent contracts that enable you to become a member of the EU civil service.

Contract staff

Fixed-term contracts that enable you to become a contract agent.

Temporary staff

Temporary contracts, mainly in highly specialised fields.

Interim staff

Short-term contracts, mainly for secretarial work or consultants
Brubru is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2020, 1:51 am
  #299  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 87
Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by NewUser12
I am starting to believe that they have already chosen the candidates they would like to employ last week. If any of those people who got an email fail any test, they will simply send an invitation to another candidate from their shortlist.

I hope I am wrong but it just takes too long... what do you think guys?
I agree. I consider myself not selected at the moment, so I am gonna make other plans, private as well as work-related.
If, in any case, an invitation e-mail is sent out within the next couple of weeks, I'll make up my mind about it at that moment.
Good luck for all that have been selected so far!
Chantal F is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2020, 1:56 am
  #300  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 0
scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Guys a literally just got an invite email to conduct the English test. For basic level
scrubbedexpat092 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.