Frontex Border Guard

Old Feb 4th 2020, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

It is a bit inconvenient not to know anything now but as soon as you get a mail, you'll have to be available immediately. I would like to book a holiday in March/April but I am not sure if I can do that.
Not terrible if I am not selected, but it would be nice to know something....
Old Feb 4th 2020, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lenka01
I was expecting that this week they would continue sending out emails.
But is doesn't look like it.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Any rumors about how many have been selected (by email 😉) till now?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

May I also ask if anyone who passed the English test received the next.email about physical and interview?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening everyone,
I am Brubru, candidate like all of us.
I received the first mail last Tuesday, and I passed the English test.
I am now waiting for the next mail.
As I saw on Tracktest's chart actualisation, some of us are still taking the test.
Unfortunately 0 information to share about what will happen next....
I have a bit of experience about physical training, the only advice I can give is "all in", no matter how they will ask us to perform. Bip test always goes faster than expected.
Thanks to all of you who shared info until now, and good luck.

Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
Good evening everyone,
I am Brubru, candidate like all of us.
I received the first mail last Tuesday, and I passed the English test.
I am now waiting for the next mail.
As I saw on Tracktest's chart actualisation, some of us are still taking the test.
Unfortunately 0 information to share about what will happen next....
I have a bit of experience about physical training, the only advice I can give is "all in", no matter how they will ask us to perform. Bip test always goes faster than expected.
Thanks to all of you who shared info until now, and good luck.
Thanks. I like a lot your advice about physical.
I also believe that motivation to make the tests (all in) will add up to our capabilities. For example more speed, 3 more push-ups or 2 more situps.
True hey? :-)
​​​​Thanks again!
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so almost everyone applied for more than one position. And, if they said that you can try for all of them, they only selected for just one. For example, you got selected for intermediate, but you also applied for basic. Now, if there are 50 positions for intermediate and 700 for basic, and you don't pass for intermediate, apparently you don't get the chance for basic also.

On that note, believing that they know you applied for basic and intermediate, and sent you the email for what they think suits you better, I believe that the first screening of applications is completed, maybe they will send some other emails if a certain (high) number of first pickups fail the English test.

Also, as a personal observation, they did not shortlist any active police, only retired.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stanx
Thanks. I like a lot your advice about physical.
I also believe that motivation to make the tests (all in) will add up to our capabilities. For example more speed, 3 more push-ups or 2 more situps.
True hey? :-)
​​​​Thanks again!
Motivation is something, unfortunately reality is another ;-)

And I agree with you, motivation will certainly add up to our capabilities.
Anyway pushing up as quick as possible ("all in") can be more effective than doing it with a slow rythm for example (muscle saturation and so on...)
If it can help...

Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 5200
Ok, so almost everyone applied for more than one position. And, if they said that you can try for all of them, they only selected for just one. For example, you got selected for intermediate, but you also applied for basic. Now, if there are 50 positions for intermediate and 700 for basic, and you don't pass for intermediate, apparently you don't get the chance for basic also.

On that note, believing that they know you applied for basic and intermediate, and sent you the email for what they think suits you better, I believe that the first screening of applications is completed, maybe they will send some other emails if a certain (high) number of first pickups fail the English test.

Also, as a personal observation, they did not shortlist any active police, only retired.
I am active 😉
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point

You bring me hope, then. Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2020, 8:48 am
Just Joined

axi_theo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello i received the email to attend the physical test and interview starting at 10 -11 February . It asks to confirm the acceptance of the invitation but it doesnt explain how to do that. Has anyone else got the email?
Ps i passed the english test on Monday
Old Feb 4th 2020, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 5200

Hey, lads, is this true ? ..."they did not shortlist any active police, only retired"
Who else could confirm this information ? Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Canine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LorisL
Hey, lads, is this true ? ..."they did not shortlist any active police, only retired"
Who else could confirm this information ? Thanks
Hi guys,

Not (anymore) active police officer here. Personally, I wouldn’t confirm this information. There are a couple of active officers here who have been shortlisted. I am not active, had applied in the very beginning and was not shortlisted.

I applied for the advanced level, have more than ten years of police service, participated in Frontex projects and still no luck.
By the way, could you guys who applied for advanced and were selected tell me if you participated in Frontex missions? I am trying to figure out by what prerequisites they are shortlisting the candidates and this seems to be one thing I miss. 🤔

Congratulations to all who have made it and best of luck for the rest of the tests.

Last edited by Canine; Feb 4th 2020 at 7:24 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am starting to believe that they have already chosen the candidates they would like to employ last week. If any of those people who got an email fail any test, they will simply send an invitation to another candidate from their shortlist.

I hope I am wrong but it just takes too long... what do you think guys?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

TheoK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by axi_theo
Hello i received the email to attend the physical test and interview starting at 10 -11 February . It asks to confirm the acceptance of the invitation but it doesnt explain how to do that. Has anyone else got the email?
Ps i passed the english test on Monday
Me too! My dates are 13-14 Feb.
I am going to reply to the email.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheoK
Me too! My dates are 13-14 Feb.
I am going to reply to the email.
You are active police officers, or retired? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.