British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

giopapa Feb 21st 2022 7:10 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hello everybody!
I just found out this thread,There's so much useful information by the way.
I had the interview for the AST4 two weeks ago and they told me that i should be ready to get invited for PA during this week.
But i have not heard back anything yet.Does anyone have?

Randello Feb 21st 2022 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Star22 (Post 13095948)
  • Good morning. I've read someplace ( I think it was Facebook) that a guy mailed Frontex to ask how he was doing regarding the procedure and got a mail back claiming
  • he failed on the written test. Rumor also has it that PAT's will stop for now (I think people have apointments till the end of February) due to shortage of personnel. Hope the info helps..

Thank you for the info and yes, it helped. :thumbs_up:

Randello Feb 21st 2022 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by giopapa (Post 13096300)
Hello everybody!
I just found out this thread,There's so much useful information by the way.
I had the interview for the AST4 two weeks ago and they told me that i should be ready to get invited for PA during this week.
But i have not heard back anything yet.Does anyone have?

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the schedules. But I would imagine that there's at least 1 week between the received invitation and the PA.

Btw, how long did you need to wait for the result of the written test? :confused:

giopapa Feb 22nd 2022 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Randello (Post 13096342)
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the schedules. But I would imagine that there's at least 1 week between the received invitation and the PA.

Btw, how long did you need to wait for the result of the written test? :confused:

Hi!
For me it was about 10 days between the written test and the interview.

Randello Feb 25th 2022 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by giopapa (Post 13096561)
Hi!
For me it was about 10 days between the written test and the interview.

Okay, thanks. It has been over 20 days for me and I haven't heard anything so, I guess that's it. :sad_smile:

giopapa Feb 25th 2022 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Randello (Post 13097563)
Okay, thanks. It has been over 20 days for me and I haven't heard anything so, I guess that's it. :sad_smile:

I wouldn't say so..My understanding is that everybody have a different procedure. For some people it just takes more time. I guess you can always send them an email and ask them about it, just to be sure.
I'm planning to do the same thing.

Randello Feb 25th 2022 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by giopapa (Post 13097683)
I wouldn't say so..My understanding is that everybody have a different procedure. For some people it just takes more time. I guess you can always send them an email and ask them about it, just to be sure.
I'm planning to do the same thing.

I hope you are right because I'm sure they will not inform automatically the applicants who failed the written test. As well I hope they will answer for you about the PA assessment. :fingerscrossed:

Konstantinos K. Mar 30th 2022 6:19 pm

Good evening to you all from Greece guys . PLEASE READ THIS
I think I might have really important infomation for everyone who has recently joined SC , those who are waiting for the call and those like I was some hours ago who wait for the next recruitement in the future . So , after have read hundred messages here ,after done so much research on internet I still had some questions unanswered , so I decided to email Frontex about
1) Duration and frequency of each deployment
2) exact salaries for each level of SC that are paid in WARSAW
3) Duration of expatriation allowance ( 5 or 10 years ? )
4) what happens after 5+5 years of serving
5) and when new vacancies for SC are going to open
These are the exact messages : (for disbelivers , if any , I can send everything directly to their email )Dear Sir or Madam ,

Hello from sunny Greece . I'm a Greek police officer and I'm really interested for standing corps vacancies in the future . But no matter how much research I have made in forums and reading all of public distributed documents of Frontex , I still have some questions unanswered . As you understand , joining Standing Corps is a life changing decision for me and for many more people , beacause I will have to leave Greek police carrer with what that entails . Also my will to create family in the near future will be a catalyst in my decision . That’s why I first of all have to learn much more details about what its like to be in Standing Corps and how my life will look like in the future . So here are my 5 questions for you :
  •  
    • Deployment duration and frequency around the year (approximately) ?
    • How much (approximately) will the payable salary be in Warsaw for all 3 grades ( basic , intermediate and advanced) for someone like me who is single , has 15 years law enforcement exprerience , speaks Greek as native language , English C2 level , French B2 level ?
    • What happens after 5+5 years in Standing Corps ? Do I get an infinite contract or I get dismissed no matter what and be entitled of unemployment allowance for 36 months ? Let's say I retire after 10 years of service and I'm 45 years old . I have to wait at least to become 58 to get my reduced pension and how much (approximately) will that be ? I suppose the pension will be given to me until my death , right ?
    • Expatriation allowance will apply for all 10 years of service in SC ?
    • Will there be a new vacancy for Standing Corps in 2022 - 2023 ?
Please , I kindly request you to be as detailed as possible in your answers . I will definitely inform as many people as possible so you don’t get the same and the same questions again .

Thank you in advance for your valuable time ,

Dear Mr ............

Thank you for your email and interest in Frontex.

Please note that different rules are applied to the 3 different levels of the standings corps including the salary range and benefits.

The duration of the deployment and frequency depends on the operational needs but you should estimate approximately 9 months to 1 year per deployment. The contracts we offer are for 5 years subject to renewal for 5 more years with the allowances applied throughout the duration of the contracts. The contract cannot be renewed for a second time though past the 10 years.

Also note that there will be no new vacancies published for the standing corps until the end of 2023.

With regards to the rest of your questions, as they require more information we would be happy to reply to you once you are going through your onboarding at Frontex.

Kind regards

Regarding myself , theres no chance in applying for SC . First of all , the time of deployment doesnt give you any possibility of creating a family or even maintainig an existing one . Only this is enough for me not to apply . Also as you can see , they avoided to answer even with a few words about actuall payment in warsaw , what happens after 5+5 years ( are you entitled of unemployment allowance ? , if youre 45 years old you have to wait at least for becoming 58 to get a pension ? ) .
No intention to discourage anyone to apply !! I was dissapointed as also but I think its really important before taking a lifechanging decision to put everything down .

I hope the best for everyone

Yzi Apr 22nd 2022 6:07 am

Hello guys, any information on sc procedure this year?

EIRINI VIDINI May 12th 2022 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12790950)
Hey all,

So I thought I create this thread so everyone who has applied and going for the Border Guard position can come and speak to other people going through the process. Here we can hopefully answer each other's questions, encourage each other as we are training to get fit and share updates as we go through the process so everyone can stay up to date. I am 37 years old and served with the Metropolitan Police as a police officer in London for over 10 years and currently on a career break and residing in Greece.

Good luck to all,
G

​​​​​​Hello gpiper!
I work in Greece and i am on a "on-hold" situation for the SC -Intermediate level..i would wish to ask you some personal questions concerning your serving at the Metropolitan Police ..Shall I privately e-mail you?

old.sparkles May 12th 2022 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by EIRINI VIDINI (Post 13114368)
​​​​​​Hello gpiper!
I work in Greece and i am on a "on-hold" situation for the SC -Intermediate level..i would wish to ask you some personal questions concerning your serving at the Metropolitan Police ..Shall I privately e-mail you?

gpiper has not been on the forum since late 2020

Spagniol Nov 26th 2022 7:41 pm

The two courses that are currently running, in Avila - Spain and Almada - Portugal, will finish at the end of December and the future officers of these courses will be deployed during the month of January 2023.

A new course is planned to be opened in 2023, but only for 50 people.
For a larger course only in 2024, if all goes well, where hundreds of new staff will be requested.

Baczek Jun 20th 2023 9:45 am

Hello, hopefully someone is still reading this thread ;)

Does anyone have any information regarding new recruitment to the Standing Corps (basic level) in 2023?

I've reached Frontex HR department via e-mail but didn't get anything useful.

Regards

Randello Jun 21st 2023 7:21 am

Yes, still reading. Let's see when there is some news, always there is this :tape: going on.

JOCI2022 Jun 23rd 2023 10:49 pm

This week it has been published vacancies for category 2 and 3 in my country. So, I want to believe that vacancies for category 1 must be coming, but I don't really know. Normally, when I have sent emails to the Agency, questioning about category 1 they have responded to me after more than a month.