British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Randello Dec 17th 2021 1:24 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Another batch graduated today from Avila. :) There were nice pictures on Facebook. What comes to the next starting batch in January, I haven't heard anything about the applicants they are going to choose (potentially only Basic) and where the 12-month course will be carried?

Randello Dec 19th 2021 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Randello (Post 13082009)
Another batch graduated today from Avila. :) There were nice pictures on Facebook. What comes to the next starting batch in January, I haven't heard anything about the applicants they are going to choose (potentially only Basic) and where the 12-month course will be carried?

https://frontex.europa.eu/media-cent...raduate-RhqYEQ
"The next batch of 180 officers will start their basic training in Avila in January 2022."

Ana_ Dec 25th 2021 4:11 pm

Feliz Navivad chicos! Ηas someone any information?
I sent email for informations two weeks ago and they replied that they will inform us the next days? Does anyone know something more?

Empr Dec 28th 2021 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ana_ (Post 13083779)
Feliz Navivad chicos! Ηas someone any information?
I sent email for informations two weeks ago and they replied that they will inform us the next days? Does anyone know something more?

What info are you looking for? Merry Christmas to you also 🙂

Spagniol Dec 29th 2021 1:40 pm

The new course (the one that will last for one year) starts on January 17th in Avila. Those selected will fly from Warsaw to Spain on the 16th in a charter plane.
Some isolated cases were allowed to travel directly to the training center other than by plane.

A good year for everyone and good luck to those who will join that organization and those who are still waiting for news.

beybol Dec 29th 2021 6:37 pm

Is there anyone who, despite that he positively went through recruitment process, will not be able to join the training due to the notice period in the current work ? What do you think is going to happen then ? reserve list and waiting for another training ?

Randello Dec 29th 2021 8:53 pm

The announcement times have been miraculous in the past. Especially when we are living in a time of pandemics, it is incomprehensible that essential information is given so late. :huh: Earlier, in the previous batches, there were some candidates who couldn't join at that moment. Frontex just arranged a place in the next starting batch for them. :tape:

:starsmile:Buon anno a tutti! Speriamo che sia meglio del 2021.:starsmile:

Fron_tex Feb 4th 2022 8:10 am

Hello everyone:

Regarding to the selection procedure to the Intermediate Level Frontex is starting to cite for the online written test.
Does anyone have information on how this test is?
Do you know where I can get some information for this test?

Thanks

Star22 Feb 4th 2022 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Fron_tex (Post 13092536)
Hello everyone:

Regarding to the selection procedure to the Intermediate Level Frontex is starting to cite for the online written test.
Does anyone have information on how this test is?
Do you know where I can get some information for this test?

Thanks

Good morning! You'll find info on Frontex's site. On the upper right side there is a menu where you can get all the info you'll need regarding the test.
You can also visit the link they've sent you. There is a practise test that lasts for about 2 minutes. The rest of the questions will have to do with your behaviour under
specific circumstances. Also questions about your IT skills.Good luck!

Fron_tex Feb 4th 2022 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Star22 (Post 13092538)
Good morning! You'll find info on Frontex's site. On the upper right side there is a menu where you can get all the info you'll need regarding the test.
You can also visit the link they've sent you. There is a practise test that lasts for about 2 minutes. The rest of the questions will have to do with your behaviour under
specific circumstances. Also questions about your IT skills.Good luck!

Thank you Star22
Do you know the salary for intermediate level?
I have read a few post and checked a few sites. But I suspect that the real salary will have differences with the expected

Star22 Feb 4th 2022 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Fron_tex (Post 13092539)
Thank you Star22
Do you know the salary for intermediate level?
I have read a few post and checked a few sites. But I suspect that the real salary will have differences with the expected

I wish I could help you with that! The only thing I know is that it might be a bit smaller than the amount of money of a basic level officer would earn,but it is definetely
bigger than my current salary..Just keep in mind that all salaries depend on whether you are married or not, or have kids or not and-of course- the years of
expierence you have.Hope it helped.

Fron_tex Feb 4th 2022 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Star22 (Post 13092541)
I wish I could help you with that! The only thing I know is that it might be a bit smaller than the amount of money of a basic level officer would earn,but it is definetely
bigger than my current salary..Just keep in mind that all salaries depend on whether you are married or not, or have kids or not and-of course- the years of
expierence you have.Hope it helped.

Thank you

Trajano Feb 8th 2022 3:12 pm

Hi everyone!
I think I have read the whole forum and nevertheless I still have some questions that maybe someone can answer me...
I applied for ast4, and now I realize that FGiv is actually better paid than intermediate level...what a strange situation...even if I have done several frontex missions and I know that despite the personal level, anyone can have the same profile independently of the level, is sp strange to entering in a superior stage and earn less, that I can not understand this at all.
Anyway, I have also read that that net salary must be cut (x0.68) because Frontex is based on Warsaw, so, for an ast4 with 2 children, is around 3000 euros? Am I wrong?
If not, I think is not worth it for most of the european countries...
I know it is hard to answer these questions, Frontex at the end is a very opaque agency maybe because things go slowly...but there is a lot of important info about the procedures and jobs that remain a mistery.
Regards to everyone, is always great to find colleagues rowing in the same direction.

Randello Feb 17th 2022 12:00 pm

Has anyone heard any news regarding the AST4 Intermediate interviews? And will they inform if you didn't pass the written exam?:ohmy:

Star22 Feb 20th 2022 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Randello (Post 13095302)
Has anyone heard any news regarding the AST4 Intermediate interviews? And will they inform if you didn't pass the written exam?:ohmy:

• Good morning. I've read someplace ( I think it was Facebook) that a guy mailed Frontex to ask how he was doing regarding the procedure and got a mail back claiming
  • he failed on the written test. Rumor also has it that PAT's will stop for now (I think people have apointments till the end of February) due to shortage of personnel. Hope the info helps..