British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

beybol Sep 29th 2021 11:55 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Iris1 (Post 13057052)
They are still sending invitation mails, I just got mine today.

When did you send application ?

Iris1 Sep 30th 2021 12:51 am

I really don't remember the exact day but I think it was on the second week, by the 10 or 11 august. I was very surprised because i thought that they only called the first ones. I has told that the English test is quite difficult, I am not very hopeful.

beybol Sep 30th 2021 7:55 am

I applied at about the same time so i hope i will get my email soon.

flgre Sep 30th 2021 5:06 pm

Hello guys.. I am new in the group..
I would like to ask you if you have any information about the next step (after the English test).

I passed the test the previous week and I knew that online interviews will be organised in October..

But the candidates who received the invitation yesterday were informed by Frontex that the next step will be "interview and fitness tests in Warsaw"..

On the same time Frontex officially informed us on Facebook that "online" interviews will start by end of September!

So.. what is happening? Do you have any official or unofficial info?

noa9090 Sep 30th 2021 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by flgre (Post 13057341)
I would like to ask you if you have any information about the next step (after the English test).

I passed the test the previous week and I knew that online interviews will be organised in October..

But the candidates who received the invitation yesterday were informed by Frontex that the next step will be "interview and fitness tests in Warsaw"..

On the same time Frontex officially informed us on Facebook that "online" interviews will start by end of September!

You are right! It is also mentioned in the vacancy notice that they would ask for a video showing the ability to perform sit-ups and push ups…maybe they are changing the procedure…

Randello Oct 4th 2021 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Argonauta (Post 13035685)
Hi, Randello. Thank you for answering and for your comments..

Frankly speaking, I was myself positively surprized too, when Frontex informed me about the existence of another chance to take PA tests after March and of other people waiting to be included in this next session of PA tests.

I am writing them, periodically, in order to receive updates about the date of the next PA test, but – and this is the point - they are not able to give either general prevision about the period in which the very last PA tests will be held, at the moment.

I am very curious to see if Frontex will form a uniqe group with the candidates who will pass the next PA tests and the small group of around 60 people who will be sent to Avila in August/September according to the last information from Spagniol.

I wonder why not rush to carry out the remaining PA tests right away, in order to profit of the availability of the Avila facility for the ongoing course, to avoid the danger of possible and imminent new encrease of Covid restrictions and to put everyone in Avila within August/September. If time keep passing, in any case we might not be included in the training in Avila, wich would be far too advanced to include us.

On the other hand I cannot believe that they are open to consider the possibility of lounching a new tender procedure to select a new facility for a new bach after the once in Avila only for a very small group of people waiting to take PA tests after March: it is not feasible, from a cost-benefit point of view.

Therefore I am asking to myself what is the plan..

Hi Argonauta! :wave: Has there been any more news about the upcoming PA test for this small group? And what kind of answers HR is giving, do they feel like copy-paste or decent ones?

STN Oct 11th 2021 12:35 pm

Hello everyone ,

Communicating with other candidates I found out that there is a confusion about which candidates are considered as succesful for the English test.
Some say that you need an overall score above 65%, and the other opinion is that you need a score above 65% for each part ( Core test , Speaking ,Writing). I think that the second opinion is based on a mail ( I do not know if it is real) sent by the Agency maybe during previous recruitments.
Referring to the ongoing recruitmemt, until now the Agency did not inform us relatively, on how a candidate is considered as succesful in the Englisg test.
In my case I obtained an overall score above 65% , but in both Speaking and Writing parts my score was below 65% mentioned 'below the level'. Thus I contacted Tracktest in order to ask if I have succesfully passed the test according to the criteria set by the Agency. They responded just ' you have succesfully passed the B2 English test' but they did not mention furthermore about the Agency' s prerequisite.
Certainly there are more candidates wondering the same, and I would like to ask if there is anyone who was invited for an interview in previous recruitments, obtaining above 65% as overall score having below 65% in Speaking and Writing parts.

Thanking you in advance.

Argonauta Oct 11th 2021 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Randello (Post 13058516)
Hi Argonauta! :wave: Has there been any more news about the upcoming PA test for this small group? And what kind of answers HR is giving, do they feel like copy-paste or decent ones?

Hello Randello. I have no news from the last time. I have further written to Frontex to receive updates related to when my PA tests will be held, but without response, this time. I can only say that the wait is probably justified in light of the subsequent publication of the current competitions for FIGF and AST4, as it is objectively imaginable that my PA tests will be carried out with those of the participants in these last competitions. Therefore I will wait...

Randello Oct 11th 2021 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Argonauta (Post 13060725)
Hello Randello. I have no news from the last time. I have further written to Frontex to receive updates related to when my PA tests will be held, but without response, this time. I can only say that the wait is probably justified in light of the subsequent publication of the current competitions for FIGF and AST4, as it is objectively imaginable that my PA tests will be carried out with those of the participants in these last competitions. Therefore I will wait...

Okay, thank you for your answer Argonauta, even I was hoping for better news. :unsure: But, unfortunately, this time, it feels bizarre because there aren't any rumors about the next batch (like when, where, which categories). :confused: So, no idea how many candidates are on the reserve list or in a limbo situation. Probably the 2nd recruitment will surpass the remains of the 1st recruitment? But, at least something is happening, English tests and invitations to the interviews. :fingerscrossed:

STN Oct 11th 2021 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Quipepe (Post 12809277)
Hi guys, this is Enrique from Spain, I recently did the online English test and I am still waiting for the results, my overall score was 75 percent in the core test, but unfortunately I had some problems with the webside in the last part of the listening test, my score in that part was 60 percent. My question is this, do I have to score more than 65% in every part of the test or is enough to have 65% or more in the overall score.
I would appreciate if you guys could answer this question to me. Good luck to all of you and I looking forward to meeting you.

Hello Enrique , I made a relative question previously, as I have above 65% as overall score for the English test and below 65%in both Speaking and Writing. As I can understand your post refers to previous recruitment, so could you tell me what happened in your case ? Were you considered as succesful for tge Emglish Test ? Were you invited for an interview.
Gracias !!

sumisumi Oct 13th 2021 10:37 am

English test

This test gave me 2 levels below I got on the IELTS
This test tells I am below level, IELTS says I am above the level.
Which test is better?

This test results:
Grammar above B2 20 17 85.0 %
Reading meets B2 14 10 71.4 %
Listening above B2 10 8 80.0 %
Core test: meets B2 44 35 79.6 %
Speaking below B2 18 8 44.4 %
Writing below B2 18 6 33.3 %
below B2 80 49 61.0 %
Total: below B2 80 49 61.0 %

IELTS test results:
from 0 (the worst) to 9 (the best)
Listening 7.5
Readin 7.0
Writing 6.0
Speaking 6.5
Overall 7.0
CEFR level C1

IELTs from British Council is known as the hardest test of English, in the world.

I consider this test that we took: not good.

Dozex Oct 13th 2021 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by flgre (Post 13057341)

Hello!

Did you get any official response from Frontex that you have successfully passed the test or anything regarding the next step?

Star22 Oct 15th 2021 5:54 am

Goodmorning Randello. Thank you so much for answering my inquiry! Your response really helped me to think more clear and make life decisions even easier! Wish you good luck and all the best!

Randello Oct 15th 2021 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Star22 (Post 13061969)
Goodmorning Randello. Thank you so much for answering my inquiry! Your response really helped me to think more clear and make life decisions even easier! Wish you good luck and all the best!

Good evening Star22. :angel_smile: All the best to you as well. Usually, good things happen to good people. ;)

noa9090 Oct 19th 2021 5:08 am

Good morning guys! Any news about the next step after the interviews? Are they going to call for Physical Tests in Warsaw inside November?