Frontex Border Guard

Old Jan 13th 2021, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Her7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hi guys. I m new here. No news for me until now. I have applied for AST4. They didn't send me nothing till now. I believe that they will send us reserve list because the days have pasted with no news and 8 February is too close.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Alexanderjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gpiper View Post
Hey all,

So I thought I create this thread so everyone who has applied and going for the Border Guard position can come and speak to other people going through the process. Here we can hopefully answer each other's questions, encourage each other as we are training to get fit and share updates as we go through the process so everyone can stay up to date. I am 37 years old and served with the Metropolitan Police as a police officer in London for over 10 years and currently on a career break and residing in Greece.

Good luck to all,
G
Evening,

So seen your comment and court my interest. As also UK cop (dual passport holder) with 22 years in. Looking for a real change after changes to my circumstances. you’re one of the few UK ex-job I’ve seen on here hence the approach.
Any help advice gladly received, I did look in the autumn but I believe they had a mare with their recruiting site!?
cheers Alex
Old Jan 14th 2021, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Spagniol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Randello View Post
I agree completely with what Spagniol is writing. It is still a mystery if some candidates will receive contract offers to Ávila. Yes, I know that it starts really soon, and sending offers/doing medical check-ups should be done way earlier, but there is still a (minor) chance.

I try to think about it this way:
1. The amount of candidates who will start in Ávila doesn't seem to be high, at the moment what I understood from the previous messages.
2. The premises in Ávila are modern and big, so it is an ideal place for training officers. (Yes, there is also Spanish Police, Guardia Civil, and some random officers from South America)
3. Frontex really wants to achieve this 10.000 employees in the future, but now it looks like that they are way behind the numbers which they wanted to achieve.
4. The diversity between the candidates is important regarding the background, nationality, age, and gender.
5. Almost everything in this recruitment process has been illogical. Logic says that they will not send any new contracts to candidates, so let's hope this illogic still has a joker in the hand for us all.

There are many possibilities. One of them is the postponement of the February course (Ávila). Much of the training of the Spanish police itself was sent to e-learning to avoid having too many students on the premises. Portugal, neighboring country, and France are in lockdown and Spain will be no different. Frontex can continue with the face-to-face regime, opt for e-learning or postpone the course.

More candidates can also be called by the end of this month. In the previous course, candidates were called upon the very beginning of the course.

In the spring, a new course can take place following the Frontex activity schedule. It would be interesting to see if there is already a public tender for finding a teaching facility in Europe (it could serve to confirm this situation.... maybe in Europe public databases).

To summarize and conclude: anything is possible. We're pretty much the same. We know what we knew in December or November or October. There is no certainty about anything.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

"The EU’s anti-fraud watchdog, OLAF, raided the offices of Frontex Executive Director Fabrice Leggeri(....)":

https://www.ekathimerini.com/261205/...ushback-claims
Old Jan 14th 2021, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spagniol View Post
There are many possibilities. One of them is the postponement of the February course (Ávila). Much of the training of the Spanish police itself was sent to e-learning to avoid having too many students on the premises. Portugal, neighboring country, and France are in lockdown and Spain will be no different. Frontex can continue with the face-to-face regime, opt for e-learning or postpone the course.

More candidates can also be called by the end of this month. In the previous course, candidates were called upon the very beginning of the course.

In the spring, a new course can take place following the Frontex activity schedule. It would be interesting to see if there is already a public tender for finding a teaching facility in Europe (it could serve to confirm this situation.... maybe in Europe public databases).

To summarize and conclude: anything is possible. We're pretty much the same. We know what we knew in December or November or October. There is no certainty about anything.

Originally Posted by Spagniol View Post
"The EU’s anti-fraud watchdog, OLAF, raided the offices of Frontex Executive Director Fabrice Leggeri(....)":

https://www.ekathimerini.com/261205/...ushback-claims
Really interesting article. Personally, I don't know him (Fabrice Leggeri), so can't say if this is just a political witch hunt. But, usually, when there's smoke, there's fire.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Her7 View Post
Hi guys. I m new here. No news for me until now. I have applied for AST4. They didn't send me nothing till now. I believe that they will send us reserve list because the days have pasted with no news and 8 February is too close.
More mails are being sent now. Reserve list for me, AST4
Old Jan 15th 2021, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Her7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fogue10 View Post
More mails are being sent now. Reserve list for me, AST4
end of the road for me.reserve list.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

I confirm. More, and only, "reserve list" emails.

They're closing the reserve lists. Finishing what there's to finish in this super long recruitment process.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point

Still nothing.... (I only applied to AST4). Let's see if there will be still an e-mail.