Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by giannitwo
It should be.
It would interesting to know the figures of the selection process. How many passed the PA and how many the interview.
They told at the beginning of July that they were expected to complete the procedure within the end of July. Soon after they Would have started to send proposals for second and third batch.
I wonder if they Will send notice about inclusion in the reserve list for the candidates who are not selected for second and third batch.
All candidates that passed the recruitment process are placed în the reserve list... Some of them will get an offer and the others will be on the reserve list for 2+ years...
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:23 am
Just Joined

RossT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fogue10
All candidates that passed the recruitment process are placed în the reserve list... Some of them will get an offer and the others will be on the reserve list for 2+ years...
All the candidates that have passed the process will get an offer because there is a lack of officers.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RossT
All the candidates that have passed the process will get an offer because there is a lack of officers.
i dont know about that mate, i had the interview but didnt get an invite for PA.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IONUT
i dont know about that mate, i had the interview but didnt get an invite for PA.
Have they asked you to provide your diplomas and certificates after the interview?
I had the English test in February, interviews on 06th of May, 3 weeks later they asked me to send them my diplomas, the certificate for my basic police training and other documents and certificates I have mentioned in my applications. And I have passed the PA test today.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly. But .... you know if you passed the PA because you are notified in real time. However you are not aware about the outcome of the interview. You can have a positive feeling but it means nothing. So you risk to stay waiting 2 years for a call that will never come
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by giannitwo
Exactly. But .... you know if you passed the PA because you are notified in real time. However you are not aware about the outcome of the interview. You can have a positive feeling but it means nothing. So you risk to stay waiting 2 years for a call that will never come
If you pass the interview you will be requested to send diplomas and other documents you have mentioned in your application. This is a sign that you have passed the interview successfully. In addition you will be notified once you are in the reserve list.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RossT
Have they asked you to provide your diplomas and certificates after the interview?
I had the English test in February, interviews on 06th of May, 3 weeks later they asked me to send them my diplomas, the certificate for my basic police training and other documents and certificates I have mentioned in my applications. And I have passed the PA test today.
Congratulations for passing the final step. Happy to know that they asked docs 3 weeks later the interview. I was interviewed on 13 July so this means I still have 10 more days before possible request of documents.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

The first group is taking the training online now. This will continue for some time. Moreover, it might be the case that, due to COVID, the whole training will have to be done online from your home country.
The salary is based on Warsaw-household, meaning a quotient of 68% of the "normal" salary. If you work from home however, you do not live in Warsaw so the cost of living are different. Do they calculate this?
I mean, it would not be really fair if someone who lives in Hungary would have the same salary as someone who lives in Germany or Sweden where the cost of living are much higher. If we would all be based in Warsaw, of course the 68% would be fair, but not in this case.

Does anyone know how Frontex deals with this, and the other allowances that you would be entitled to when moving to Warsaw? (but probably not anymore since you work from home and this may last).

If you look at https://eutraining.eu/salary-calculator the difference in salary for working in Poland / Hungary compared to working in Sweden is approximately 3000 euros, for example.(Monthly, AD7)

Last edited by Chantal F; Jul 21st 2020 at 7:08 am.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chantal F
The first group is taking the training online now. This will continue for some time. Moreover, it might be the case that, due to COVID, the whole training will have to be done online from your home country.
The salary is based on Warsaw-household, meaning a quotient of 68% of the "normal" salary. If you work from home however, you do not live in Warsaw so the cost of living are different. Do they calculate this?
I mean, it would not be really fair if someone who lives in Hungary would have the same salary as someone who lives in Germany or Sweden where the cost of living are much higher. If we would all be based in Warsaw, of course the 68% would be fair, but not in this case.

Does anyone know how Frontex deals with this, and the other allowances that you would be entitled to when moving to Warsaw? (but probably not anymore since you work from home and this may last).

If you look at https://eutraining.eu/salary-calculator the difference in salary for working in Poland / Hungary compared to working in Sweden is approximately 3000 euros, for example.(Monthly, AD7)
You will allways be based în Poland... Frontex headquarters is there... If you are deployed în another country you will have the expatriation allowance.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

You will allways be based în Poland... Frontex headquarters is there... If you are deployed în another country you will have the expatriation allowance.
So the first group is also in Poland, doing the ONLINE training there?
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

If you are based in Poland but deployed in other country you are supposed to have a daily substance allowance related to the place where you physically stay
Old Jul 21st 2020, 7:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

The first group are all at home right now doing 3 months e-learning, all got packages off Frontex including Tablet and Iphone for the course, They and getting paid too, all though one of them told me they didn't get the full amount for the first pay but will be reimbursed next month. Then its 3 months in Warsaw to finish the training. Frontex plan was for everyone to eventually end up moving to Warsaw and then you do deployments when you are not in Warsaw.

In relation to the course on going, Apparently if you have some sort of border guard training already the learning isnt too bad but if not, there is alot of regulations to learn and not alot of time to study.

One more thing, The correction coefficient for Poland (currently 73.6) at the moment so its changed from the original selection notice so pay is now different.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat092; Jul 21st 2020 at 8:00 am.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
The first group are all at home right now doing 3 months e-learning, all got packages off Frontex including Tablet and Iphone for the course, They and getting paid too, all though one of them told me they didn't get the full amount for the first pay but will be reimbursed next month. Then its 3 months in Warsaw to finish the training. Frontex plan was for everyone to eventually end up moving to Warsaw and then you do deployments when you are not in Warsaw.

In relation to the course on going, Apparently if you have some sort of border guard training already the learning isnt too bad but if not, there is alot of regulations to learn and not alot of time to study.

One more thing, The correction coefficient for Poland (currently 73.6) at the moment so its changed from the original selection notice so pay is now different.

Hey man ,

Are you from Ireland aswell ? And is there any other candidates from Ireland on this
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway

Thank you for the info. But still no information about the quotient of 68%, (73,6 I read now) or if the quotient will be adjusted to your home country.
The training might have to be done totally online by the way. Especially since COVID is popping up again, this might be a realistic scenario.

Doing the online training is in my opinion much harder than doing it in the classroom, with much better interaction and colleagues around. Especially without border guard experience.
So it is really a pity that this happens. But nobody can do anything about this situation unfortunately.

Last edited by Chantal F; Jul 21st 2020 at 8:05 am.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jkireland
Hey man ,

Are you from Ireland aswell ? And is there any other candidates from Ireland on this
My self and 1 other from the Defence forces from Ireland, although he didn't proceed though.

I passed everything to then not make it though to not having a second language at B2 CEFL Standard. make sure you have that or you'll be pulled to. I was even invited to the interviews and fitness test and it wasn't mentioned. Only after during the Documents check was it mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.