Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 13th 2020, 3:18 am
Just Joined

costie86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Guys thank you very much, great and useful feedbacks.
And what about women? This is just curiosity, but i saw the statistics and they seem less than 5 %. Do you believe is a matter of physical tests quite hard (most of my friend would not make it with 13-15 push ups) or just very few applications? Were there many in the PA with you?
Old Jul 13th 2020, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by costie86
And what about women? This is just curiosity, but i saw the statistics and they seem less than 5 %. Do you believe is a matter of physical tests quite hard (most of my friend would not make it with 13-15 push ups) or just very few applications? Were there many in the PA with you?
Hey,

In my PA test out of about 25 to 30 taking the test...two were women..both passed the tests no problems
Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Vlpet is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe both.As a woman I can say that I find more demanding the push ups rather the beep test.I haven't given the PA test yet, so I don't know if they were lenient about 90° elbow with women that passed.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 6:17 am
Just Joined

costie86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vlpet
Maybe both.As a woman I can say that I find more demanding the push ups rather the beep test.I haven't given the PA test yet, so I don't know if they were lenient about 90° elbow with women that passed.
Thank you Vlpet, I am a bit disappointed with the numbers, I think a good percentage of women is important in an organization, and I was wondering if they are assessing the issue for the next competition. Maybe I will ask at the end of the interview. Good luck with the PT/PA!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

They are VERY lenient. Too much in some cases, if you ask me. At the end of the day, all of us need to remember and understand that this is a law enforcement agency. Anyone who has worked as a police officer or a border guard and has dealt with illegal immigrants or even worse - real criminals, knows that good fitness level is A MUST in this kind of profession. I hope people are not just training so they reach the minimum requirements to pass this test (and even then hope for leniency). Remember that your health/life or the health/life of your colleague might depend on it one day. Or even just a successful completion of the task.

Just remember: "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"

Last edited by tkadunc; Jul 13th 2020 at 8:21 am.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc
They are VERY lenient. Too much in some cases, if you ask me. At the end of the day, all of us need to remember and understand that this is a law enforcement agency. Anyone who has worked as a police officer or a border guard and has dealt with illegal immigrants or even worse - real criminals, knows that good fitness level is A MUST in this kind of profession. I hope people are not just training so they reach the minimum requirements to pass this test (and even then hope for leniency). Remember that your health/life or the health/life of your colleague might depend on it one day. Or even just a successful completion of the task.

Just remember: "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
"Just" reaching the minimum requirements of this test does not say all about someone's physical condition. Someone can be a good rower for example, but not a good runner/sprinter. Being a really good windsurfer (which requires a good physical condition) does not necessarily mean that one can do 50 sit ups in a minute. And so on....
It's important to have a good physical condition, I agree. But physical condition is not only about running.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 9:47 am
Just Joined

I agree that having a good physical condition is essensial not only for this job but as a lifestyle.Nevertheless there are a lot of things that can make someone valuable, for example knowing martial arts etc. Being able to run fast enough or doing as much as push ups can someone do, doesn't mean that the same person can cope in difficult situations. For god's sake I don't underestimate those who have a perfect physical condition.I just believe that different people can be good in different areas and as ChantalF said being good in one exercise or sport doesn't make you good on the exercises that this test demands.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Thank you Vlpet, I am a bit disappointed with the numbers, I think a good percentage of women is important in an organization, and I was wondering if they are assessing the issue for the next competition. Maybe I will ask at the end of the interview. Good luck with the PT/PA!
Thank you!
Old Jul 14th 2020, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vlpet
I agree that having a good physical condition is essential not only for this job but as a lifestyle. Nevertheless there are a lot of things that can make someone valuable, for example knowing martial arts etc. Being able to run fast enough or doing as much as push-ups can someone do, doesn't mean that the same person can cope in difficult situations. For god's sake, I don't underestimate those who have a perfect physical condition. I just believe that different people can be good in different areas and as ChantalF said being good in one exercise or sport doesn't make you good on the exercises that this test demands.
I agree with most of what you wrote and I want to make it clear that if you're in a poor physical condition DOES NOT mean you're not valuable. However, these tests are used to measure your fitness level in areas that are relevant to the type of work you will do as a Frontex agent.

About the martial arts - as someone who's been training different kinds of martial arts for 10+ years, I can tell you first hand that whoever can't run a few km at an average pace, will not have the energy to last in a ring for a long time. Knowing the techniques is of course the first step, but having the strength and stamina to execute those in a real-life situation is just as important.

I'm sure every single person brings its own value to the table and I sincerely wish all the best to every single candidate. My advice for anyone who's still waiting for the PA test would be - don't complain about the requirements and don't hope for leniency of the instructors. Instead, use that energy to train hard
Old Jul 14th 2020, 2:31 am
Just Joined

I agree with most of what you wrote and I want to make it clear that if you're in a poor physical condition DOES NOT mean you're not valuable. However, these tests are used to measure your fitness level in areas that are relevant to the type of work you will do as a Frontex agent.

About the martial arts - as someone who's been training different kinds of martial arts for 10+ years, I can tell you first hand that whoever can't run a few km at an average pace, will not have the energy to last in a ring for a long time. Knowing the techniques is of course the first step, but having the strength and stamina to execute those in a real-life situation is just as important.

I'm sure every single person brings its own value to the table and I sincerely wish all the best to every single candidate. My advice for anyone who's still waiting for the PA test would be - don't complain about the requirements and don't hope for leniency of the instructors. Instead, use that energy to train hard
I believe I somehow became unclear.I wasn't talking about people being in a poor physical condition.The requirements might be above average but I wouldn't complain either, after all it's an Agency that asks them.I strongly believe that training in every sector of our life is important.About leniency it's different what I find lenient and what others.For example it would be lenient for me to not have your elbows near to your body etc for push ups and for others it may be lenient to not touch the floor with your chest. Anyway, about the rest I agree with you and I wish the best to all candidates
Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Can someone tell me how long it took Frontex to reimburse the travel and living expenses for the trip to Warsaw? How many days after you submitted the claim?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Basileus is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone tell me how long it took Frontex to reimburse the travel and living expenses for the trip to Warsaw? How many days after you submitted the claim?
I my case was 4 weeks and for one of my friend who failed on PA was 6 weeks.

​​​​

Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Basileus
I my case was 4 weeks and for one of my friend who failed on PA was 6 weeks.

​​​​
Thank you.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Niko373 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question guys,
Received English test results, total result speaking level "meets the level" but one of the four sub skills is below the level(fluency). how the Frontex treats that. Any thoughts or suggestions...
Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2020, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Veroni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Niko373
Question guys,
Received English test results, total result speaking level "meets the level" but one of the four sub skills is below the level(fluency). how the Frontex treats that. Any thoughts or suggestions...
Thanks
If the total result for speaking is "meets the level", I don't think you'll have any problem. You also need to have "meets the level" for writing, and more than 65% for the first part of the test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.