British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Basileus Jun 26th 2020 6:29 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Good day to everyone!

About physical test.

First will be 10x10m then push ups and last one before "the beep test" will be abs.

On the multistage fitness test ("the beep test") can go up to 10 candidates on the same time, will be a big stereo counting each level and stage loudly and it will be on a different room after is finish the first 3 tests.

Will be suficient instructors during all fitness test.

Warm up befor the test!

All the best to everyone and pray to God!
​​

sciuepps Jun 26th 2020 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by tkadunc (Post 12872085)
I have a question for anyone who is not a Polish national and has traveled to Warsaw for either an interview or PA. First of all, please note that I have only been invited to the PA test. The interview has taken place online. My questions are the following:

1. How many days did you stay in Warsaw?
2. How many nights did you get reimbursed for by Frontex?
3. Do you need to provide the exact amount of the expenses or do you get reimbursed the fixed amount that is written in the rules on financial contributions towards travel and subsistence expenses?

Thank you in advance.

Hallo, I've been also invited for PA (skype interviews done for AST4 and FGIV). According to the financial rule is a flat-rate contribution.
At first I had same doubts but if you see the application for reimbursement you don't need to mention the money you paid for the ticket (unless distance is more than 3000 kg).
As regards the accomodation is again a flat-rate contribution: 150€ for the first day and 75€ for every following day. The subsistence allowance shall be granted for the number of days as indicated in the invitation email.
g

papdimitris1 Jun 27th 2020 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Basileus (Post 12872443)
Good day to everyone!

About physical test.

First will be 10x10m then push ups and last one before "the beep test" will be abs.

On the multistage fitness test ("the beep test") can go up to 10 candidates on the same time, will be a big stereo counting each level and stage loudly and it will be on a different room after is finish the first 3 tests.

Will be suficient instructors during all fitness test.

Warm up befor the test!

All the best to everyone and pray to God!
​​

Goodmorning to everyone!
1. A question about push ups;
Hands should be at shoulders height or can be a little bit more open?
2.A question about in between rest time;
How much time are we going to have between each test?
3. Last question;
How strict are the examiners while executing?
Let's say if a push up is not exactly correct, they stop us or they don't count it?

Thanks in advance!

Basileus Jun 27th 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by papdimitris1 (Post 12872582)
Goodmorning to everyone!
1. A question about push ups;
Hands should be at shoulders height or can be a little bit more open?
2.A question about in between rest time;
How much time are we going to have between each test?
3. Last question;
How strict are the examiners while executing?
Let's say if a push up is not exactly correct, they stop us or they don't count it?

Thanks in advance!

1. Push ups => ​the elbows must have an 90 degree angle => shoulders on the line with elbows AND MUST be executed without stop or brak. If you stop or take a beake is consider only that number of execution befor you stop.

2. Good question. I was the first on that day on the physical test and between 10x10 and push up and abs it was fast between tests, something what I was not very happy, but what to do.
Here depens on wich series you will be on the all test. The first 3 tests will go in series by two candidates on the same time. The fist candidates on the 10x10 will be the first to all of then and the last candidates will have a lot of resting time.

The execution must be exactly what is writen in the application.

I see guys what they failed to some tests.

If the push ups or abs they will not contine to count, they will contine to repeat the number of the last correct execution.

Marek019 Jun 27th 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Basileus (Post 12872630)
1. Push ups => ​the elbows must have an 90 degree angle => shoulders on the line with elbows AND MUST be executed without stop or brak. If you stop or take a beake is consider only that number of execution befor you stop.

2. Good question. I was the first on that day on the physical test and between 10x10 and push up and abs it was fast between tests, something what I was not very happy, but what to do.
Here depens on wich series you will be on the all test. The first 3 tests will go in series by two candidates on the same time. The fist candidates on the 10x10 will be the first to all of then and the last candidates will have a lot of resting time.

If the push ups or abs they will not contine to count, they will contine to repeat the number of the last correct execution.

Hi!
Which exercise was the most difficult from your point of view? Because people here are the most affraid of push ups and sit ups, but for me 10x10 run looks like an issue. Time to succeed is quite challenging. TIA for respond.

Zanzibar Jun 27th 2020 12:15 pm

As I understood, Basileus, you passed successfully the PA tests. CONGRATS, man!! I am still waiting for the email for PA/interview.
​​​As a curiosity, there is someone who has any idea about many failures have been recorded in PA tests in recent days, since they were resumed?
Have a nice week-end you all!!
And... Keep practicing, guys!!

kosmodj Jun 27th 2020 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Basileus (Post 12872630)

For the push ups you mean elbows 90 degrees angle with the body? Thanks

Questfer Jun 27th 2020 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by kosmodj (Post 12872655)
For the push ups you mean elbows 90 degrees angle with the body? Thanks

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...2f05d95c4f.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...f2e110ddd2.jpg

Basileus Jun 27th 2020 2:38 pm

​​​​​​Yep, this is the correct!

Many thanks for images!

Questfer Jun 27th 2020 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Basileus (Post 12872703)

Many thanks for images!

You re welcome! Good luck to everybody!

Basileus Jun 27th 2020 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Marek019 (Post 12872652)
Hi!
Which exercise was the most difficult from your point of view? Because people here are the most affraid of push ups and sit ups, but for me 10x10 run looks like an issue. Time to succeed is quite challenging. TIA for respond.

The queen of the physical test is multistage fitness test knowing by "the beep test".

BUT it was so many different candidates, some of the fail on the first test other the second one othets on the abs, some decide to not contine from the first fail and others fail all of them.

I hope it answer to your qestion.

Basileus Jun 27th 2020 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Zanzibar (Post 12872654)
As I understood, Basileus, you passed successfully the PA tests. CONGRATS, man!! I am still waiting for the email for PA/interview.
​​​As a curiosity, there is someone who has any idea about many failures have been recorded in PA tests in recent days, since they were resumed?
Have a nice week-end you all!!
And... Keep practicing, guys!!

I like to know too, but I think is to early now for this info.

I have the pleasure for the candidates ho2 are schedule for the second week on physical test, TO ASK, how it was in % the first week on physical test and to share us the information.

​​​​​

taz296 Jun 27th 2020 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by tkadunc (Post 12872085)
I have a question for anyone who is not a Polish national and has traveled to Warsaw for either an interview or PA. First of all, please note that I have only been invited to the PA test. The interview has taken place online. My questions are the following:

1. How many days did you stay in Warsaw?
2. How many nights did you get reimbursed for by Frontex?
3. Do you need to provide the exact amount of the expenses or do you get reimbursed the fixed amount that is written in the rules on financial contributions towards travel and subsistence expenses?

Thank you in advance.

Hello guys,

I am in the same position like you. In my case the interview took place through SKYPE on 3/6 and yesterday I received invitation for the PA test on 16/7.
After replying to confirm, I sent another email to ask a specific question to Frontex but I received an answer that was not clear.
My question was if the fact that I have been invited for PA means that I have passed the online interview with success or it is something irrelevant?
I would like to have your views on that, I am a bit confused.

Thanks in advance,

kosmodj Jun 27th 2020 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by taz296 (Post 12872774)
Hello guys,

I am in the same position like you. In my case the interview took place through SKYPE on 3/6 and yesterday I received invitation for the PA test on 16/7.
After replying to confirm, I sent another email to ask a specific question to Frontex but I received an answer that was not clear.
My question was if the fact that I have been invited for PA means that I have passed the online interview with success or it is something irrelevant?
I would like to have your views on that, I am a bit confused.

Thanks in advance,

What they answered you my friend?

kosmodj Jun 27th 2020 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Basileus (Post 12872703)

Many thanks for images!

You have to do strictly these push ups or you can do the classic push ups if tou want, do you know?