British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

scrubbedexpat092 May 31st 2020 4:24 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

They are obviously going to at least try and get as many employed to enter in on the lower grade.

521072 May 31st 2020 4:34 pm

Guys everyone has been placed step 1 and will be automatically adjusted to the right step and get a compensation from day 1. They are already too busy since they have to prepare the files for 260+ people. You do not need to worry about your step. You will get it.

Chantal F May 31st 2020 4:53 pm

I am wondering if there are any people deployed from the North-Western countries....?
I notice that there are a lot of people contracted from Spain, Italy, Greece and some Balkan countries.

Less French, Germans, Dutch, Belgians and Scandinavians..?

scrubbedexpat092 May 31st 2020 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Chantal F (Post 12860255)
I am wondering if there are any people deployed from the North-Western countries....?
I notice that there are a lot of people contracted from Spain, Italy, Greece and some Balkan countries.

Less French, Germans, Dutch, Belgians and Scandinavians..?

It's probably the wages to be honest. Alot of experienced personnel frontex want are fully established with families and mortgages and you potentially need B2 in two EU languages.

5200 May 31st 2020 6:15 pm

That is for sure. The salaries are quite low. A SNE is receiving 4500+ euro/month, that is more than the salary of any statutory staff they are hiring now.

Also, they presented Ast4 as intermediate, and fgiv as basic, even if the payment will be higher for fgiv, and I am pretty sure all staff of standing corps will do the same thing.

Chantal F May 31st 2020 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12860296)
It's probably the wages to be honest. Alot of experienced personnel frontex want are fully established with families and mortgages and you potentially need B2 in two EU languages.

It's a pity that due to the financial conditions, the staff might not be a reflection of officers from all EU countries. But Frontex probably chose for these conditions being fully aware of this. And they probably do not have more budget for higher salaries....However, a full representation of all EU countries in the Standing Corps would be far more interesting and also more useful.

scrubbedexpat092 May 31st 2020 6:57 pm

Absolutely.. I 100 percent agree with you. It should be a full EU effort but even the lists above that show who will be representing the short and long term deployments it shows 30 countries. Ireland isn't even on the list and Norway is who isn't even a member. I haven't a clue why that is but it's no doubt a budget commitment on our part. Always feels Ireland's left out of the EUs activities even though we are a member since the early 70s.
Even when I sat the interviews the interviewers where surprised to see someone from Ireland applying.

​​​​​​​

5200 May 31st 2020 7:01 pm

Actually, that depends on the country. Frontex each year is making a call for contributions. If Ireland is not in the list, it means Ireland does not want to contribute. Luxembourg, for instance, is contributing...

scrubbedexpat092 May 31st 2020 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by 5200 (Post 12860329)
Actually, that depends on the country. Frontex each year is making a call for contributions. If Ireland is not in the list, it means Ireland does not want to contribute. Luxembourg, for instance, is contributing...

Then that explains it..it's a Shame on Irelands government's part really. We should participate more.

Brubru May 31st 2020 7:20 pm

The correction coefficient is a big part of the problem.

I will earn a lower basic salary than the one I have actually in the police.
With the allowances and under deployment, it is just a bit better, but professionaly and humanely speaking it is a great experience, we are pioneers.

And for me the risk is low, I'm leaving the police with a kind of seconded arrangement, 5 years+5 years, keeping my right for police pension.

scrubbedexpat092 May 31st 2020 7:54 pm

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...bd9f0c4991.jpg
This is what I got off them last week so I pretty much asked was I still in and they could have said "unfortunately you are no longer being considered" but sent that instead, so I guess from it I can say I'm still potentially in or either at least the reserve list. With that In mind I'm not really sure what the reserve list intails. Could they just end up calling you up randomly during the 6 months period if current candidates are failing the training ect.

I applied for both basic and intermediate.

andy1985 Jun 1st 2020 7:05 am

Goodmorning guys. Has any of you received the ICT equipment?

Bill1 Jun 1st 2020 7:51 am

So, I sent FX an email today, asking for an update on interviews and physical aptitude tests (I was scheduled to go through them in March, but COVID 19 happened), and this is the (immediate) response I received. If it is of any comfort...

"Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your email.

Please kindly note that we gradually contact the candidates and invite them for an online interviews.

We will contact you with the new invitation in a due time.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Standing Corps Recruitment Team"

bxpuser9847562957 Jun 1st 2020 8:25 am

Originally Posted by nick234 (Post 12860182)
Hi nice to meet you all, is anyone here from Hellenic Coast Guard???

Nick234 check your mail man. I am from Greece too.

christmasoompa Jun 1st 2020 9:43 am

Sharing this post again as a little reminder - https://britishexpats.com/forum/poli.../#post12814235

I have no idea how so many of you are finding this thread on British Expats, you are of course very welcome even if not Brits, but it is primarily a discussion forum for Brits living/moving abroad. So if you are from Bulgaria/Poland/Spain/Germany, why not head over to the country forums and join in the discussions there as well? I have no doubt that your knowledge of your country would be very appreciated by anybody considering moving there and you could probably help lots of other forum members that way and then be able to PM without having to resort to nonsense posts.

Thanks all.