Frontex Border Guard

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 5:22 am
Just Joined

noa9090 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

There was a call 10 days ago for basic level (with no law enforcement experience).
Old Aug 27th 2021, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Hello everyone! I applied for both basic and intermediate level calls of 2021. I consider this forum remains a great way to keep informing each other about any updates of the upcoming process.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Oggi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noa9090
Hello everyone! I applied for both basic and intermediate level calls of 2021. I consider this forum remains a great way to keep informing each other about any updates of the upcoming process.
Hi Noa. I did the same. Now let's hope everything will be ok and we will pass all exams and interviews. Wish you good luck!
Old Aug 27th 2021, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oggi
Hi Noa. I did the same. Now let's hope everything will be ok and we will pass all exams and interviews. Wish you good luck!
Good luck to you too Oggi!!
Old Aug 27th 2021, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Pigno is an unknown quantity at this point

I ve applied only for the intermediate level... I didn't see the call for basic level ....

How long the basic level has been open?
Old Aug 27th 2021, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pigno
I ve applied only for the intermediate level... I didn't see the call for basic level ....

How long the basic level has been open?
From 3 to 13 of August
Old Aug 27th 2021, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish good luck to all. This process is LONG, so I recommend to continue living a normal life during the process. What comes to transparency and official news & information, doesn't exist. In this forum, you can read all of the previous messages and get some kind of realistic picture about the whole recruitment process.

Also, the possibility to be anonymous, share information, and ask questions is great. Compared to some forums on Facebook, this British Expats is the best in my opinion.
Old Aug 29th 2021, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Star22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello dear all. I also wish everybody good luck with their applications. I have a question for you that I really think interests many people but haven't seen asked in the forum. Which level is better for someone to choose? Basic (FGIV) or intermediate (AST4). Personally, I've aplied in both categories and I don't know which one is better for me. Don't get me wrong,I might even not be selected at all!But Id Iike to know the difference between these two categories. If anyone could help me,I would really appreciate it! Some facts about me are that I'm married with two children and 22 years of service in the Border Police. Thank you all in advance and take care of yourselfs.
Old Sep 2nd 2021, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Pigno is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know how many people applied for the 2 categories?
Old Sep 2nd 2021, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Star22
Hello dear all. I also wish everybody good luck with their applications. I have a question for you that I really think interests many people but haven't seen asked in the forum. Which level is better for someone to choose? Basic (FGIV) or intermediate (AST4). Personally, I've aplied in both categories and I don't know which one is better for me. Don't get me wrong,I might even not be selected at all!But Id Iike to know the difference between these two categories. If anyone could help me,I would really appreciate it! Some facts about me are that I'm married with two children and 22 years of service in the Border Police. Thank you all in advance and take care of yourselfs.
It depends on the individual. The Basic position is mainly for normal tasks and fulfilling orders of supervisors, but you do have the responsibility for your behavior and quality of work. The Intermediate position has also the same kind of tasks as Basic candidates have, but in addition to this, they have some supervisor and group leading tasks where you need to take more responsibility for everything. Also, there is a difference between salaries, but again what suits up you and your family the best is usually the right choice.
Old Sep 2nd 2021, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

I haven't heard anything, but it is quite funny that in this 2nd call (AST4) was this separate question about applying in multiple categories. Probably the HR was fed up with these candidates who applied for all three positions (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced) and caused much more work and confusion.

Already some applicants on Facebook have started to ask others about why HR hasn't answered them, even they sent their applications less than a month ago.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

PRRRRRRR is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, guys... I'm in and I know how the recruiting process works. Better apply for both. If you have more then 17 years of experience after the graduation, or after the training you had in your previous job (law enforcement, customs, etc...) FGIV level 16 is better then AST. By the way is better to apply for both... Just in case.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 9:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any body know if the language requirements where the same this time around? They were quite strict.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

BillB3rg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ηello everyone!
I am new here! I work as a police officer in Greece since 2007. I applied for AST4 and I have 2 questions!
1) What documents will FX ask from me to prove my professional experience?
2) At the essential professional competencies it says "You should be able to swim for at least 100 m under four minutes". But in Physical Tests there is no swimming test. Do you know anything about it? Also it says about it that "a certificate or diploma will be requested to this regard" (Issued by a certified swimming instructor referee/teacher/swimming school or a certified lifeguard). So we only have to send them a certificate if they will ask for it?
Thank you for your time!
Old Sep 9th 2021, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Spagniol is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know the number for sure but according to an interview with the Director in the first 3 days of the competition they had an average of 500 applications per day (...for the basic level). They may have received more over time but you can get an idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.