Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 28th 2020, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Lenka01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Randomjp
Did you have any news yet?
Hello

For those who didn’t receive an email, last week asking for their documents, I ask you this:

Has Frontex replied to you since then? Like saying that the procedure is ongoing? Or this is the end for those who didn’t make the cut?
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Marek019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lenka01
Hello

For those who didn’t receive an email, last week asking for their documents, I ask you this:

Has Frontex replied to you since then? Like saying that the procedure is ongoing? Or this is the end for those who didn’t make the cut?
No, they just asked to submit education and work related documents.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Lenka01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marek019
No, they just asked to submit education and work related documents.
I didn’t receive an email from Frontex to provide documents.
So, Yesterday, I asked Frontex if I was definitely out of the procedure.
Frontex, usually replies with be patient the procedure is ongoing.
However, I didn’t receive such email from Frontex till now.
What I ask is if anyone has received such email, Yesterday or today, saying to be patient, which could indicate that there will be a 3rd wave after this one?
Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bill1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Randomjp
Did you have any news yet?
I sent them the documents yesterday. I expect them to have tons of documents to examine and cross-check against the applications, so I do not expect anything to happen before September, considering the upcoming summer break.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

SteKoF is an unknown quantity at this point

What I ask is if anyone has received such email, Yesterday or today, saying to be patient, which could indicate that there will be a 3rd wave after this one?
Thanks
+1 👍
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sciuepps
Hallo everybody,
What about the guys of th 1st batch who already started, how does it look like the training?
Can you share some concrete example of salary you’ve gotten? (basic, ast4, AD7) or any other important information to share?
Talking about big decision and family, I have kids of my own and I’m curious to know about international school they mentioned in the selection notice “Additionally, this agreement foresees that (an accredited) European School will be set-up in Warsaw in the future to allow dependent children of all Frontex staff (including Polish nationals) to attend a (tuition-free) European-type multilingual education”
Anybody knows more about it?
Thank you very much in advance for sharing whatever info
Exactly this kind of information is what I am searching for as well, for Months already. But it seems impossible to get it.
It is a huge, life changing decision that is difficult to make based on 2xA4 text in a vacancy notice.
But, it seems impossible to get more information - even on this forum.
Strange since, as you mention as well, people must have started the training already - even though it's online now so maybe not so much info about schools.
But there must be some additional info about (for example) time of deployment in border areas, net salary they have received, level of the training etc.

Hopefully people do not consider this again as a complaint. I hardly dare to ask something anymore on this forum.

Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chantal F
Exactly this kind of information is what I am searching for as well, for Months already. But it seems impossible to get it.
It is a huge, life changing decision that is difficult to make based on 2xA4 text in a vacancy notice.
Strange since, as you mention as well, people must have started the training already - even though it's online now so maybe not so much info about schools.
But there must be some additional info about (for example) time of deployment in border areas, net salary they have received, level of the training etc.

Hopefully people do not consider this again as a complaint. I hardly dare to ask something anymore on this forum.
dont get your hopes too high in this regard. Usually people that went though the whole process vanish from the forum. Frontex will not give you too much info either. So if you have a settled life, not thrilled for adventure and do not fancy to spend the most of your next five years in hotel rooms across Europe's map, well, better stick with what you have for the moment. I personally would take a leap of faith and go for it, but for now i am stuck in between the process, and i have no idea if I will be selected or not.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Hi there mate. What is your status at the moment? I had interview 29.05 and that's it. I received a vague answer from Fx, but to be honest i think i am more out than in.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bill1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't expect answers of this magnitude in this forum, it is just too early. None of the 265 already selected has set foot in Warsaw for settlement, they receive online training.
I suspect that there is/will be a dedicated administrative office in FX to assist newcomers in their settlement, as soon as they arrive.
Answers regarding frequency/duration of deployment are likely non-existent so far...
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IONUT
dont get your hopes too high in this regard. Usually people that went though the whole process vanish from the forum. Frontex will not give you too much info either. So if you have a settled life, not thrilled for adventure and do not fancy to spend the most of your next five years in hotel rooms across Europe's map, well, better stick with what you have for the moment. I personally would take a leap of faith and go for it, but for now i am stuck in between the process, and i have no idea if I will be selected or not.
Hi Ionut,
I am also stuck in the process and do not know if I will be selected. I like the adventure and I also like the unknown.
But I also have a mortgage to pay and a family to take into account. Also because I get a lot of questions about the work, conditions etc and many questions I just cannot answer.
But I think you are right: people that are doing the training right now have vanished from the forum and if you are selected, you have to make the decision based on a small piece of information. I also assume we will not get much more information than we have right now.

The only thing you is that since it is an EU organization, you may count on things being arranged quite well when it comes to salary, accommodation, working hours and other working conditions.
And I still think that it is a great adventure to work for this organization, work all over Europe and live in hotel rooms :-).
Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ionut,
I am also stuck in the process and do not know if I will be selected. I like the adventure and I also like the unknown.
But I also have a mortgage to pay and a family to take into account. Also because I get a lot of questions about the work, conditions etc and many questions I just cannot answer.
But I think you are right: people that are doing the training right now have vanished from the forum and if you are selected, you have to make the decision based on a small piece of information. I also assume we will not get much more information than we have right now.

The only thing you is that since it is an EU organization, you may count on things being arranged quite well when it comes to salary, accommodation, working hours and other working conditions.
And I still think that it is a great adventure to work for this organization, work all over Europe and live in hotel rooms :-).
hey, welcome to the mortgage club!
You are good to go than, but your answers wont come, because many things are still uncertain.
i wait to be selected and worry about other matters later, i suggest you try the same
Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IONUT
hey, welcome to the mortgage club!
You are good to go than, but your answers wont come, because many things are still uncertain.
i wait to be selected and worry about other matters later, i suggest you try the same
Yes, but I heard that as soon as you receive the contract, you need to sign within a week or so.
So not that much time then anymore to search for the answers. That is why I was searching now...
But we will see
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else try to send off there stuff today and get back a message saying the mail box is full???? Im not sending a whole pile of stuff like.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

maximovic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sciuepps
Hallo everybody,
What about the guys of th 1st batch who already started, how does it look like the training?
Can you share some concrete example of salary you’ve gotten? (basic, ast4, AD7) or any other important information to share?
Talking about big decision and family, I have kids of my own and I’m curious to know about international school they mentioned in the selection notice “Additionally, this agreement foresees that (an accredited) European School will be set-up in Warsaw in the future to allow dependent children of all Frontex staff (including Polish nationals) to attend a (tuition-free) European-type multilingual education”
Anybody knows more about it?
Thank you very much in advance for sharing whatever info
Hello sciuepps, as far as I understand until a European school is established your children will be entitled to attend an international school without additional fee.
As reported in the last programming document (you can check it on Frontex website) until the finalisation of the accreditation process, the Polish government will continue to reimburse costs related to the schooling of children of Frontex’s expatriate staff members. In addition Frontex will cover the school expenses in international schools which significantly exceed the reimbursement ceiling introduced by the Headquarters Agreement.
My major concern is about the duration of the deployment that for expatriate staff with family could be too long for a proper work-family balance. On the other hand in the vacancy it was reported the MOST of the staff will be deployed through their career. So it seems that part of them could be based in Warsaw.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maximovic
Hello sciuepps, as far as I understand until a European school is established your children will be entitled to attend an international school without additional fee.
As reported in the last programming document (you can check it on Frontex website) until the finalisation of the accreditation process, the Polish government will continue to reimburse costs related to the schooling of children of Frontex’s expatriate staff members. In addition Frontex will cover the school expenses in international schools which significantly exceed the reimbursement ceiling introduced by the Headquarters Agreement.
My major concern is about the duration of the deployment that for expatriate staff with family could be too long for a proper work-family balance. On the other hand in the vacancy it was reported the MOST of the staff will be deployed through their career. So it seems that part of them could be based in Warsaw.
the way things sound at the moment with extended deployments etc it may be better to look at living in your location of deployment i mean some guys here have mentioned a deployment of 8 months etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.