Frontex Border Guard

Old Feb 13th 2020, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

To all these people being tested next week: are you gonna share some info after your test/interview or you just gonna vanish on forum like all those tested this week ???

I hope they didn’t hurt themselves... guys are you alive?
Old Feb 13th 2020, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5200
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL APTITUDE TEST TRIALS
1. Shuttle Run 10 times 10 meters - assessment of the candidate's speed, manoeuvrability
and leg muscle strength.
The exercise description is provided below:
- One flag on the start and finish line (height at least 140 cm),
- The second flag, of the same height, at a distance of 10 meters from the first one.
- When the "ready" command is announced the candidate stands on the start line (the foot
cannot touch the line),
- When the "start" command is announced by a sound signal, the candidate runs towards
the second flag, runs around it and returns to the first flag. This sequence is repeated
five times.
- Candidate’s time is measured until the moment he/she crosses the finish line for the fifth
time.
- Knocking over the flag causes the whole exercise to be repeated once.
- The time is measured from the “start” signal to the moment of crossing of the finish line,
with accuracy of 0,1 second.
2. Push-ups - assessment of the strength of the candidate's arms and upper limbs.
- Once the "ready" command is announced, the candidate takes the starting position, face-
down with straight arms (fingers pointing forward, hands spread shoulder-width apart)
with legs together or slightly apart (maximum hip width).
- After the "train" command is announced, the candidate bends his/her arms at the elbows
so the shoulder joints are at the height of the elbows or below (straight silhouette - i.e.
the shoulders, hips and ankles of the feet are in a straight line), then returns to the
starting position and repeats the exercise.
- Exercise is performed in one sequence (without breaks between successive repetitions).
- The instructor counts the number of completed repetitions out loud. If the candidate
performs the exercise not as instructed e.g.:
o does not bend his/her arms,
o does not straighten the arms completely,
o does not keep the whole body in a straight line, or
o stops,
the instructor takes into account only the number of the last correct repetition.
Maximal Multistage 20-m Shuttle Run Test (Beep Test).The exercise description is provided below: - The multistage test consists of running between two markers (lines), 20 meters apart at a specified, constantly increasing (approximately every 1 min) pace. - The minimum width of the track is 1 meter. - The pace is indicated by a sound (beep) signal, during which the candidate must reachoutside of the designated line with both legs. - If the candidate reaches the line before the signal, he/she should stop behind it and move on to the next section only after hearing the next beep signal. - The test ends when the candidate is no longer able to keep up with the increasing pace i.e. runs another 20 meters twice in the same time interval or fails to reach the opposite marker for two consecutive beeps.- The final result is the number of level started and the number of 20-meters runs at this level (e.g. 9-6, where 9 is the level and 6 is the 20-meter section).

The guys invited for physical received all this information, but instead of sharing, they prefer to congratulate all the other. The hipocrisy is strong on this topic, unfortunately...
Thank you very much for sharing this informations 5200

Talking about the Beep Test the rules here are a little different from how EPSO made us do it for another competition and from how you can see it carried out in the videos on youtube...
Here we must reachoutside of the designated line with both legs...
This means to have additional space to cover at each shuttle run ... so the advice I can give everyone is to train as required because touching the line only with one foot is slightly different and at the end, on the long distance, can affect the final result...

Also in the 10×10 shuttle
is slightly different to turn arond to a flag or touch the line with a foot...

Last edited by Claudio; Feb 13th 2020 at 9:19 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Taniapap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fernandes
About the speaking test, how does it work? Is it based upon a free conversation with someone or interaction with pre-recorded questions?
you will have, if I remember good, 8 questions like: what is you name, can you spell it, your favorite sports, what did you do yesterday, What you would like to be able to do in the future...
Old Feb 14th 2020, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Questfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taniapap
I'm also in athens, porto rafti exactly. You will receive soon! I'm not so sad to fail, if it was greek-glish speaking test, I will be the best 😂😂😂
Thanks for your courage ! I live in Sounion! Invitations are will still be coming until next month so there is still hope! 🤔🤔🤔 Haha greeklish could be an extra advantage as a plus language!
Old Feb 14th 2020, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Veroni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
Thanks a lot for all your answers. About the speaking test, one more question: do you have enough time or are you allowed (if you know this info) to write down your idea about the answer, before speaking it? Are the questions being asked all together, at the beginning of the test, or they come one after another after your answer. Thank you and sorry for asking so many questions.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veroni
Hey guys,
Thanks a lot for all your answers. About the speaking test, one more question: do you have enough time or are you allowed (if you know this info) to write down your idea about the answer, before speaking it? Are the questions being asked all together, at the beginning of the test, or they come one after another after your answer. Thank you and sorry for asking so many questions.
You can only use your computer for the speaking and writing test. No other devices. Be careful with that. As you know you are monitored. Next question appears immediately after you submit the answer. You have 10 min for speaking and 10 min for writing.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 6:56 am
Just Joined

I am not referring to other devices. I am referring to a blank piece of paper and a pen, that should be aloud also for the listening part.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Veroni
I am not referring to other devices. I am referring to a blank piece of paper and a pen, that should be aloud also for the listening part.
Why asking then?... :-)
Go for it!
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:28 am
Just Joined

MKkk is an unknown quantity at this point

https://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Ima...ations_1-3.pdf
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Wow! Let's hope we get to that point!
Old Feb 14th 2020, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stanx
Same here. Im in 46 requirements. I'm a fit person.
My main issue was the strange situps with fingers touching the floor back and forth. But now this running around the flags it's something looking difficult as well.
What do you think?
Stanx,
about the situps. Your fingers AND your arms should touch the floor or only fingers ?
Old Feb 14th 2020, 9:39 am
Just Joined

NewUser12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well looks like it’s the official one...
Old Feb 14th 2020, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MKkk
Stanx,
about the situps. Your fingers AND your arms should touch the floor or only fingers ?
Only fingers.
To me that generates an additional move!
You normally land on your shoulders at any tests and standards I've seen so far. And it makes this exercise very difficult to be achieved in 60 seconds.
Likewise the beep test where you need to be with both legs being the start line at each shuttle. Again all beep test descriptions are indicating you only need to touch behind the line with one leg. This one ads aprox 100 m to the standard distance.
But these info are only based on what I've read.
It would be great if anyone who's been to the test can confirm it.

Last edited by Stanx; Feb 14th 2020 at 9:50 am.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stanx
Only fingers.
To me that generates an additional move!
You normally land on your shoulders at any tests and standards I've seen so far. And it makes this exercise very difficult to be achieved in 60 seconds.
Likewise the beep test where you need to be with both legs being the start line at each shuttle. Again all beep test descriptions are indicating you only need to touch behind the line with one leg.
But these info are only based on what I've read.
It would be great if anyone who's been to the test can confirm it.
This is not how Marins do it , from what I have seen. But, these are the guidelines so we have to comply.
So, there is no time for rest. work your sit ups.

https://www.military.com/military-fi...p-improve-fast
Old Feb 14th 2020, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 5200
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL APTITUDE TEST TRIALS
1. Shuttle Run 10 times 10 meters - assessment of the candidate's speed, manoeuvrability
and leg muscle strength.
- One flag on the start and finish line (height at least 140 cm),
- The second flag, of the same height, at a distance of 10 meters from the first one.
- When the "ready" command is announced the candidate stands on the start line (the foot
cannot touch the line),
- When the "start" command is announced by a sound signal, the candidate runs towards
the second flag, runs around it and returns to the first flag. This sequence is repeated
five times.
- Candidate’s time is measured until the moment he/she crosses the finish line for the fifth
time.
- Knocking over the flag causes the whole exercise to be repeated once.
- The time is measured from the “start” signal to the moment of crossing of the finish line,
with accuracy of 0,1 second.
2. Push-ups - assessment of the strength of the candidate's arms and upper limbs.
- Once the "ready" command is announced, the candidate takes the starting position, face-
down with straight arms (fingers pointing forward, hands spread shoulder-width apart)
with legs together or slightly apart (maximum hip width).
- After the "train" command is announced, the candidate bends his/her arms at the elbows
so the shoulder joints are at the height of the elbows or below (straight silhouette - i.e.
the shoulders, hips and ankles of the feet are in a straight line), then returns to the
starting position and repeats the exercise.
- Exercise is performed in one sequence (without breaks between successive repetitions).
- The instructor counts the number of completed repetitions out loud. If the candidate
performs the exercise not as instructed e.g.:
o does not bend his/her arms,
o does not straighten the arms completely,
o does not keep the whole body in a straight line, or
o stops,
the instructor takes into account only the number of the last correct repetition.
Maximal Multistage 20-m Shuttle Run Test (Beep Test).The exercise description is provided below: - The multistage test consists of running between two markers (lines), 20 meters apart at a specified, constantly increasing (approximately every 1 min) pace. - The minimum width of the track is 1 meter. - The pace is indicated by a sound (beep) signal, during which the candidate must reachoutside of the designated line with both legs. - If the candidate reaches the line before the signal, he/she should stop behind it and move on to the next section only after hearing the next beep signal. - The test ends when the candidate is no longer able to keep up with the increasing pace i.e. runs another 20 meters twice in the same time interval or fails to reach the opposite marker for two consecutive beeps.- The final result is the number of level started and the number of 20-meters runs at this level (e.g. 9-6, where 9 is the level and 6 is the 20-meter section).

The guys invited for physical received all this information, but instead of sharing, they prefer to congratulate all the other. The hipocrisy is strong on this topic, unfortunately...
I confirm, although I haven't been to the test.

Last edited by MKkk; Feb 14th 2020 at 11:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.