Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Football teams in Calgary

Football teams in Calgary

Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

billyboykent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football teams in Calgary

GREETINGS ALL!

was just wondering if anyone supports a local team in calgary or if there are any teams in Alberta at all.
if i end up moving to calgary i'd hate to miss out on football.
Am an avid Millwall supporter(please dont judge!lol) and have a season ticket.
is there any football on in calgary at all?
if not what other sports do people go and support(cmon lads i knnow u miss football)

Bill
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of
Default Re: Football teams in Calgary

Hey Bill

My hubby has Setanta Sports (i think that's how you spell it)
It seems to be 24/7 football and rugby. Not sure if they show any Millwall games though.

In Calgary we do have Soccer dome in the SE, I've never been there but I'm guessing they have some type of league.

Most people here follow, ice hockey, baseball, UFC and CFL.

Sam
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Football teams in Calgary

Originally Posted by billyboykent
GREETINGS ALL!

was just wondering if anyone supports a local team in calgary or if there are any teams in Alberta at all.
if i end up moving to calgary i'd hate to miss out on football.
Am an avid Millwall supporter(please dont judge!lol) and have a season ticket.
is there any football on in calgary at all?
if not what other sports do people go and support(cmon lads i knnow u miss football)

Bill
The nearest team of any note to Calgary is The Vancouver Whitecaps currently playing in the USSL, they are bidding for an MLS franchise (same league Beckham plays in for LA Galaxy).
You could also spend a weekend going to Victoria and then take the clipper down to Seattle to watch The Seattle Sounders next season when they start a new team in the MLS. Clipper takes about 2 hours 45 minutes.
The dome in Calgary has all levels of soccer from U8 all the way up to a decent level but no pro teams. They have a wall dedicated to Owen Hargreaves as he is a Calgarian.
Here in Edmonton we get the odd exhibition game from pro teams and the odd international with Canada playing some home games here.
Hope this helps, but you are not gonna get the same passion for the pro game in North America.
Cheers