British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Equifax report? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/equifax-report-813890/)

The Elk Nov 1st 2013 4:42 pm

Equifax report?

Is anyone else having real problems getting their credit report? I received the report the other day, 18 pages detailing every credit card, bank loan and god knows what I've ever had. However there is no bankruptcy section. I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone with equifax who are telling me that because I have no court judgements it won't show up on the report they post out.

It was suggested that I register for the £9.95 service, print off the page with the bankruptcy section then cancel it. Firstly after registering (surely I did that to get the initial report out) I'm unable to fund any credit report on line and secondly, surely WAP aren't going to accept a computer printout? Certainly it's going to be difficult to get someone to certify it as an original document.

Please help.

HarryBosch Nov 1st 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Equifax report?

You just send the front page with your details and the reference number and the court information page. It'll say 'no record' or similar That's all you need to send. HB

The Elk Nov 1st 2013 6:41 pm

Nice one Harry, think I've it sorted. Nothing's easy 😀

gregster10217 Nov 1st 2013 9:40 pm

Hope it's sorted Elk?

HarryBosch Nov 1st 2013 9:45 pm

Mind get all your documents certified Elk.

The Elk Nov 2nd 2013 3:47 am

Yes that's my next issue - I've had no problems with the police certificate or driving checks but how can I get an Internet printout certified as a "true and accurate copy of an original document." I was thinking I'd get it done as a "true and accurate copy of a DIGITAL document"?

HarryBosch Nov 2nd 2013 4:00 am

Mine just said it was a true and accurate copy of an original document. It's been accepted no problems.

HB

OzPCwannaB Nov 4th 2013 5:05 am

I sent off the first two pages and the court page however sue emailed back telling me to send pages 1-12 (court page) as the court page didn't have my name on it so I sent the whole thing in the end. It's annoying as I didn't really want to show all my loans and credit cards etc. but if anything is asked the sale of my house will get rid of the lot!
I just got an officer at work to certify each page. Sue said it's all fine

deadlyminimee Nov 26th 2013 5:04 pm

Do we need to attach the credit report to our visa application??

The Elk Nov 26th 2013 5:18 pm

I was actually wondering that myself. They don't seem to be asking for it so dont think I will.

old.sparkles Nov 26th 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by The Elk (Post 11008909)
I was actually wondering that myself. They don't seem to be asking for it so dont think I will.

No you don't need it for the visa application :)