EPS

Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

g_conaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EPS

Just out of curiosity are there many applicants currently going through the recruitment process for EPS?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: EPS

Originally Posted by g_conaty
Just out of curiosity are there many applicants currently going through the recruitment process for EPS?
I went through the process last year..Not sure what is going on at the moment but they are recruiting continuously.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:32 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g_conaty
there appears to be about 6 per class roughly, class before mine had that, mine had 8 i think, and there is about the same in the current one, roughly. i understand the short course is on for calgary, if you have the option to take that with EPS, then WAIT.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

TZracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: EPS

Hi there, Just a quick question, I'm 44 and currently with the South Australia Police (SAPOL) basically had enough of SAPOL, but thought I'd have to stay on as I was too old to go through the recruiting process/training and moving again, I've got over 17 years service in 2 services.
I've been reading so much about Canada on this forum and wondering which would be the preferred service? EPS or Calgary? as a possible future Canadian it really wouldn't bother me what City, so long as the job and lifestyle is enjoyable ! Just curious if there are any guys or gals out there that can give me some input.
I've also read that CPS may be decreasing the overseas recruiting soon? Whats the gossip on that?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

EPS are still recruiting experienced (international) officers as far we know.

CPS are not actively looking for any more applications at the moment (as they have what they deem as sufficient in the pipeline at the mo and are concentrating their efforts closer to home).

Have a look through a lot of the Calgary and Edmonton police threads on here - tons of general info will be available on those.

I'm sorry that Oz police has not worked out for you - but do be careful about leaping to Canada - I'm not sure that it would also offer you what you seek! Happy for a Private Message if you have any questions
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:17 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TZracer
Hi there, Just a quick question, I'm 44 and currently with the South Australia Police (SAPOL) basically had enough of SAPOL, but thought I'd have to stay on as I was too old to go through the recruiting process/training and moving again, I've got over 17 years service in 2 services.
I've been reading so much about Canada on this forum and wondering which would be the preferred service? EPS or Calgary? as a possible future Canadian it really wouldn't bother me what City, so long as the job and lifestyle is enjoyable ! Just curious if there are any guys or gals out there that can give me some input.
I've also read that CPS may be decreasing the overseas recruiting soon? Whats the gossip on that?

i went through with a 46yr old, 22yrs ex army then 4-5 yrs with BTP. he managed it but found it tough, as we all did to be fair. along with everything else though he was singled out for the leader of every job and mentor of every kid in there. he looked his age when he finished.
if i had my time again i would not choose EPS. CPS from what i hear is not only more relaxed and friendly, they have better working practices and after driving 3hrs to calgary, to pass through to get to the mountains the other week, it would have been so much better to just drive for 90mins from there, with not an oil refinery in sight.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

TZracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: EPS

Thanks for the replies, one thing I have in my favour is that I am reasonably fit and healthy, actually did better than some of the 20 year olds in the 'beep test' I have passed the exam and course here for Senior Constable (extra money with S/C thats all) with no hassles academically. Those aren't really the issues I'm concerned about, well you know, just the family issues etc and starting all over again.
I'm not after rank, prestige positions or huge salaries, just a chance to practice basically all I know: policing. Here in SAPOL I feel like a clerk with the amount of paperwork we have to do, one arrest you can spend most of the shift with paperwork and not on the street.
I just feel that I may just leave policing for good unless I move on, just like alot of the people have done here in Oz.
SAPOL may be ok for some, but I was recently injured on duty and the treatment I have received is to say poor at best. There is certainly no camaraderie it seems in SAPOL, it's seems like everyone for themselves and god help you if you have any ambitious people in your team! Maybe I'm just not a young copper anymore and have a different outlook maybe?
Again thanks for the info and I'll check out the rest of the forum. Thanks to AnnM for offering to talk offline, I may talk to you a bit later.
Decisions decisions.....