Ens 186 visa question

Old Jun 21st 2013, 6:37 am
Just Joined

kelly stagg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ens 186 visa question

Hello all!!

I have been reading up about the type of visas.
As I understand it as my hubby is applying for WA police we would get a ens186 visa.

I know they cost more now! But it'll be worth it!!!

Just wanted to know how long it lasts if he unfortunately fails the training programme?

We have 2 children in school so I'm thinking if its a short visa I might have to stay in the uk while he trains!!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ens 186 visa question

Hello
I've got through to the exams and so was starting looking at visas etc, I only briefly looked and couldn't figure out how much a perm Res visa would cost for my wife
1 child, and me. Anyone have an idea. I know I might be getting ahead of myself, as only through round 1.
Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-...cing-table.pdf

that should help you. At the very bottom is the sponosred working visa prices. It's about $3050 for main applicant and about $1500 for secondary.

Take care
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks paqmusic, I'd kind of worked it out at about £6000, so I want a million miles
Off.
Thanks again
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagdog
Thanks paqmusic, I'd kind of worked it out at about £6000, so I want a million miles
Off.
Thanks again
Hi bagdog,

Just in case you didn't notice, prices are given in AUD - applicant, partner and 1 child is $5355 so around £3600

This booklet from the skill select site explains about the 186 visa - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf

If you need any advice with regards to visas, making the move, etc - there's plenty of help in the Australia forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Good luck
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kelly stagg
Hello all!!

I have been reading up about the type of visas.
As I understand it as my hubby is applying for WA police we would get a ens186 visa.

I know they cost more now! But it'll be worth it!!!

Just wanted to know how long it lasts if he unfortunately fails the training programme?

We have 2 children in school so I'm thinking if its a short visa I might have to stay in the uk while he trains!!
Welcome to the forum, the visa is a permanent visa, allowing you to stay and reside in Australia with multiple entry. Usually lasts 5 years, by this time most people apply for citizenship after 4 years. If you don't fancy being citizen and you want to leave Australia after this period you apply for a residents return visa.

In regards to the training, it is very similar to all police in service training courses in the UK, and it is unlikely he will fail the programme as they work to ensure you get through all stages (including firearms). Nothing will surprise him, as it is very like UK law.

Nothing stopping you and the kids coming along after he completes his training, you will have an entry date on the visa you must arrive before. You and the kids can arrive, activate the visa and fly out shortly after if you choose- again the visa is a Permanent visa, gives you a lot more rights than other people on temporary visas.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi bagdog,

Just in case you didn't notice, prices are given in AUD - applicant, partner and 1 child is $5355 so around £3600

This booklet from the skill select site explains about the 186 visa - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf

If you need any advice with regards to visas, making the move, etc - there's plenty of help in the Australia forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Good luck
Cheers old sparkles, I know there's a long way to go, but nothing wrong with
Dreaming about the "what if" scenario.
That's considerably less than I originally guessed so that's good. I know the costs
And set up costs to get settled are going to dent the savings, but it'll all be
Worth it.
So have we agreed that they are marking or brains and not or Gucci suits at
The exam ?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 7:12 am
Just Joined

kelly stagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DM1432
Welcome to the forum, the visa is a permanent visa, allowing you to stay and reside in Australia with multiple entry. Usually lasts 5 years, by this time most people apply for citizenship after 4 years. If you don't fancy being citizen and you want to leave Australia after this period you apply for a residents return visa.

In regards to the training, it is very similar to all police in service training courses in the UK, and it is unlikely he will fail the programme as they work to ensure you get through all stages (including firearms). Nothing will surprise him, as it is very like UK law.

Nothing stopping you and the kids coming along after he completes his training, you will have an entry date on the visa you must arrive before. You and the kids can arrive, activate the visa and fly out shortly after if you choose- again the visa is a Permanent visa, gives you a lot more rights than other people on temporary visas.
Dm1432 thank you very much!!!

That's all my worries answered!!