EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Dallas2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hey Rae,
Do you know whats going on with the April class now?

"The start date for RTC#120 is currently under review - further details will be posted as soon as possible."

http://www.joineps.ca/Join%20EPS/Hom...itClasses.aspx

PS- Wannabe you need to show more respect to the officers on here taking the time to help out everybody and also to the rest of the people going through the process. I hope that they dont get to annoyed by your comments and will hopefully still want to take the time to help everyone out. Dont reck it for the rest of us....please!!!

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
Well even though been balancing the birth of my new daughter with no sleep

Got my pack together and shall be shipping it off so good news all around

Good luck to everyone that is in the final stages
Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.

Mrs Arabian.

Last edited by arabian77; Jan 14th 2010 at 9:18 am. Reason: incorrect spelling
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Wannabe,

Congrats on the birth of your daughter and good luck with the application.

Nige
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dallas2009
Hey Rae,

"The start date for RTC#120 is currently under review - further details will be posted as soon as possible."

PS- Wannabe you need to show more respect to the officers on here taking the time to help out everybody and also to the rest of the people going through the process. I hope that they dont get to annoyed by your comments and will hopefully still want to take the time to help everyone out. Dont reck it for the rest of us....please!!!

Thanks
Respect is earned mate officer or otherwise. At what point between him calling me a knob and me not rising to it was I showing lack of respect from my side? There is plenty of nice people on here that will help you so don't worry about anything getting wrecked. You will be fine and get all the advice you need. Thanks to everyone on the gratz, im grateful
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:28 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rae,

Thanks
as far as i am aware recruiting internationally is suspended until further notice, sorry. i had heard it a while back but did not want to post it and be the bearer of bad news. things change though, and quickly. i sincerely hope all those who really want to move across are given the opportunity.

as for the other bit don't worry, this guy has failed the uk process, more than once it looks like, he has not got a hope in hell of getting in over here. i'll leave it at that as this detracts from the purpose of the thread.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:29 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rae,

Thanks
sorry april class, don't know, this is not unusual though, classes change dates often.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rae
as far as i am aware recruiting internationally is suspended until further notice, sorry. i had heard it a while back but did not want to post it and be the bearer of bad news. things change though, and quickly. i sincerely hope all those who really want to move across are given the opportunity.

as for the other bit don't worry, this guy has failed the uk process, more than once it looks like, he has not got a hope in hell of getting in over here. i'll leave it at that as this detracts from the purpose of the thread.
For fear of moving the thread away from its purpose of helping people join Edmonton police, I will only say this once, I was a PCSO for 4 years left as I applied to Herts police got in but withdrew before I started on intake due to a death of a close family member. Some years later deciding I would join the specials as I wanted to make sure it was for me. Applied got in first time, dispite what you say about specials I have respect for each and everyone of them and so do the regulars I work closely with, I enjoy the 30 hours I do a week for free on top of my day job, because its something I feel very passionate about it and not just for how much I can earn. I failed the entrance to Cambs true because of one of my answers which looking back I am aware of what I did wrong and shall adjust and get in next time.

I know I should listen to my wife and not respond to baiting comments, and she is right I don't need to engage in pointless arguements with people who don't know me but you seem to have a problem with me which is fine and I just wanted to remove any made up thoughts you had about me. Nothing you say or do will put me off from applying and getting in. I shall leave it at that and wish you well.

Oh to everyone else I spoke to recruitment again, and they said international freeze is not in effect, they had quite a few local applications and they take priorty. Take from that what you will I am only passing on what was said.

Last edited by wannabecalgarypc; Jan 14th 2010 at 4:13 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Respect is earned mate officer or otherwise. At what point between him calling me a knob and me not rising to it was I showing lack of respect from my side? There is plenty of nice people on here that will help you so don't worry about anything getting wrecked. You will be fine and get all the advice you need. Thanks to everyone on the gratz, im grateful
My exact words were "I reckon you are a plant paid by someone to come on here and act like a plonker!"

Attention to detail!! Very important..

Congrats on the birth of your child.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:58 am
rae
Settled.

For fear of moving the thread away from its purpose of helping people join Edmonton police, I will only say this once, I was a PCSO for 4 years left as I applied to Herts police got in but withdrew before I started on intake due to a death of a close family member. Some years later deciding I would join the specials as I wanted to make sure it was for me. Applied got in first time, dispite what you say about specials I have respect for each and everyone of them and so do the regulars I work closely with, I enjoy the 30 hours I do a week for free on top of my day job, because its something I feel very passionate about it and not just for how much I can earn. I failed the entrance to Cambs true because of one of my answers which looking back I am aware of what I did wrong and shall adjust and get in next time.

I know I should listen to my wife and not respond to baiting comments, and she is right I don't need to engage in pointless arguements with people who don't know me but you seem to have a problem with me which is fine and I just wanted to remove any made up thoughts you had about me. Nothing you say or do will put me off from applying and getting in. I shall leave it at that and wish you well.

Oh to everyone else I spoke to recruitment again, and they said international freeze is not in effect, they had quite a few local applications and they take priorty. Take from that what you will I am only passing on what was said.

this is so full of tripe i could go on for ever. i'll leave it with your own words posted elsewhere.."I hate to say this but best to ask on another website as 50% on this site wont give you a good answer or at best a silly one. I do hope though that one of the nice people on here give you the answer you are looking for like Ann M"
you won't bother us with any more questions then as you are not getting the answers you want. apart from ann of course, of which you have my sympathy.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Spoke to Edmonton recruitment tonight, good news is there is no pause on international recruitment, there is just no international recruits going on the April intake as they had quite a few locals go through over the last few months and they go first in the queue. So my plans are back on
Wannabecalgarypc

I appreciate you are saying that there is no pause on international recruitment but there are several guys on here who have completed ALL the testing and have been told contradictory information by EPS. They have been told that ALL UK applicants are frozen at their respective stage until further notice. I would imagine that EPS will still accept your application but I would not bank on them doing anything with it for the foreseeable future.

Tim
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Well, I'm definitely in stasis with my application and that IS OFFICIAL.

I don't know where WANNABE got his info from, but it would appear that this is the case until further notice
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tim010
Wannabecalgarypc

I appreciate you are saying that there is no pause on international recruitment but there are several guys on here who have completed ALL the testing and have been told contradictory information by EPS. They have been told that ALL UK applicants are frozen at their respective stage until further notice. I would imagine that EPS will still accept your application but I would not bank on them doing anything with it for the foreseeable future.

Tim
Hi Tim,

I dont doubt maybe the person I spoke to gave me duff information and I am not saying that what you have been told is not true I was just passing on what a lady told me from recruitment that I called twice. You are probably right I have not basis to argue that is not true, I was only just saying what the lady said and I hold no stock in it. It is more then likely that the international recuitment is on hold and she did not hold the correct facts and gave me the wrong information based on what she thought to be true.

I do wish all thoses in the process luck and I hope that you get your start date soon
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuArc
Well, I'm definitely in stasis with my application and that IS OFFICIAL.

I don't know where WANNABE got his info from, but it would appear that this is the case until further notice
Recruitment team, but not to worry I am sure it will progress for you as you are far into the process already.

Good luck
Old Jan 16th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hi everyone.

New member and this is my 1st post. Thought id join the forum as looks like there's alot of people in the same boat as me!

Im currently appling to EPS also, Just recently faxed my IQAS certificate to recruitment.
I had an email in Nov stating my application has passed the preliminary stage.

But apart from that not heard anything, so the recent posts on UK applications being frozen has been a shock..

Im actually a Firefighter (i know, i know, all we do is sleep all night and play snooker ), so no previous police experience buts its what i've always wanted to do.

My wife (who's a nurse) and I are determined to start a new life in Canada, seems like for the same reasons as evey1 on here!

Good luck to every1 in there applications, im sure the 'frozen' applications will be sorted out soon
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi everyone.

New member and this is my 1st post. Thought id join the forum as looks like there's alot of people in the same boat as me!

Im currently appling to EPS also, Just recently faxed my IQAS certificate to recruitment.
I had an email in Nov stating my application has passed the preliminary stage.

But apart from that not heard anything, so the recent posts on UK applications being frozen has been a shock..

Im actually a Firefighter (i know, i know, all we do is sleep all night and play snooker ), so no previous police experience buts its what i've always wanted to do.

My wife (who's a nurse) and I are determined to start a new life in Canada, seems like for the same reasons as evey1 on here!

Good luck to every1 in there applications, im sure the 'frozen' applications will be sorted out soon
Welcome alcat2010 to BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.