EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

I failed a written part of the UK police back in December, which after I read I understood what I did wrong. First time I have failed at that stage. So I was hoping this as a second chance. It's ok I shall wait. Thanks for the advice. Do you think they are going to advertise it on there website as it's not on there at the moment
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

The Join EPS website hasn't been updated yet, in as much as it doesn't mention the putting on hold of International applications.

Your guess is as good as mine as to when and if EPS update the site.

Nige
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Spoke to Edmonton recruitment tonight, good news is there is no pause on international recruitment, there is just no international recruits going on the April intake as they had quite a few locals go through over the last few months and they go first in the queue. So my plans are back on
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Wannabe,

I'm not sure where you got your information from in recruiting, but i'm sure that quite a few people on this forum will want to know!

The April class, RTC120 was not purely for Canadian recruits as I was asked to start in this class. It was for personal reasons that I opted for RTC121.

Be prepared for an influx of enquiries from interested parties as to your source!

Nige
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

I rang the recruitment number and spoke to a woman in recruitment and that is what she told me, I can ring again if you like. She answered the phone saying something like Hello Edmonton Police recruitment.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Wannabe,

I didn't doubt your information, just that you should be prepared for enquiries from others as to whom you spoke to.

The information you have is most definately news to others, as they and I have been told, that all UK applications were on hold.

Others will want names etc. First rule of policing, take details of whom you have spoken to! lol

Regards

Nige

Last edited by nige1521; Jan 11th 2010 at 11:06 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Dallas2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
Spoke to Edmonton recruitment tonight, good news is there is no pause on international recruitment, there is just no international recruits going on the April intake as they had quite a few locals go through over the last few months and they go first in the queue. So my plans are back on
Wannabe,
So did they say how many international and how many canadian applicants they have right now for the April class? I am positive that their will be international applicants in #120, I dont think they will push them out especially if they are ready to go and have been through the process. Plus I called today and they told me that they are just trying to catch up right now (because of recruiter cut backs).
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:22 am
Wish I was elsewhere!

sulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant future

Hello all, thanks to Stewie for directing me to this site (Steve W), I have spent three days rading every single message on here!! So isn't the way to receover from night shifts!

The last few messages area interestng egards the freeze/no reeze on Internatonal Recruiting.

I'm stil going to start the process as it appears to take a long old time for it to go through, plus it'll give me time to get my fat arse into shape (as my mate told me when I joined the job Some of us are runners, some are ruckers! - and I hate running!)

Hopefully everyone gets what they are after in the not too distant future.

Next thing to do is sort out flights over to have a good old look around.

Stay safe all of you, no matter where you are!

Steve
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Steve,

Welcome to the site. If you've read the threads then you will have a good idea as to what is expected and needed for an application to EPS.

You will find plenty of people to guide you along the way, from serving EPS members to others like myself who have been through the recruiting procedure.

By all means, feel free to ask.

Regards

Nige
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Yep, you'll need to be REALLY fit for the tests and just as much for training!

Best wishes on your application
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

I rang the recruitment number and spoke to a woman in recruitment and that is what she told me, I can ring again if you like. She answered the phone saying something like Hello Edmonton Police recruitment.
I reckon you are a plant paid by someone to come on here and act like a plonker!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Yeh,

To invoke responses by unsuspecting applicants, part of the recruitment process lol
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Edited post as some of us our not 12 and really dont care what other unimportant people think.

Now Nige1521 how is the process going with you, I see you got your medicals done last week, do you know when you are starting?

Last edited by wannabecalgarypc; Jan 13th 2010 at 10:56 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Well even though been balancing the birth of my new daughter with no sleep

Got my pack together and shall be shipping it off so good news all around

Good luck to everyone that is in the final stages

Last edited by wannabecalgarypc; Jan 13th 2010 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:29 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Edited post as some of us our not 12 and really dont care what other unimportant people think
Oh I so hope this is directed at me, pompeyboy, or both of us. I look forward to sharing my unimportant opinion with others who may ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.