EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:26 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
I saw on here that someone said you need police experience to apply, I am only a special and they seem fine with me applying now?
that was me. to all considering applying this has changed since i went through the programme, indeed its not even called the Provincial nominee programme anymore, its the Alberta immigration nominee programme, or something like that.

anyway the point being is that they will now take ANYONE. Yes ANYONE, just as if you were applying here from scratch with no kind of police experience of any kind whatsoever. this straight from recruiting this morning.

you will of course start on the basic salary for constables if this is the case. the enhanced pay only for those with 3-5yrs service max.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:30 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

I have no doubt I will be honest with them and if they bin me they so be it, I know other people dont air the reasons why they were binned, like Nick back some pages failed, I do wonder why, I know he would not say and I can understand why, but you have my word people that if I fail I will give full disclosure, I don't care about keep facts to myself, if I can do the things wrong that made it so I fail then I can share with people why, I think it will help,
there is another side to this, and i think you should consider your posts more carefully. how do you think an organization like the police, where integrity and honesty are key, will feel about someone asking about what's on the test, answers, suggestions how to pass it. remember you are going to go on a polygraph at some point. i don't mean to sound harsh, but you need to recognize the fine line between research and what may be deemed cheating.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
there is another side to this, and i think you should consider your posts more carefully. how do you think an organization like the police, where integrity and honesty are key, will feel about someone asking about what's on the test, answers, suggestions how to pass it. remember you are going to go on a polygraph at some point. i don't mean to sound harsh, but you need to recognize the fine line between research and what may be deemed cheating.

I didn't ask for answers to the test, as I am sure the test changes. Plus if i want an idea on the test I will use policeprep. I don't want suggestions how to pass the polygraph either I am interested to see why people failed if they wanted to share, it wont help me pass it as we are all different, but I what feedback they got as to make sure I do not make the same mistakes. Seems like smart thinking to me. But its cool I don't intend to cheat at any stage though
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:59 pm
rae
Settled.

I didn't ask for answers to the test, as I am sure the test changes. Plus if i want an idea on the test I will use policeprep. I don't want suggestions how to pass the polygraph either I am interested to see why people failed if they wanted to share, it wont help me pass it as we are all different, but I what feedback they got as to make sure I do not make the same mistakes. Seems like smart thinking to me. But its cool I don't intend to cheat at any stage though
its entirely up to you how you take my advice, as thats all it is. some don't as its perhaps seen as blunt or rude. its meant as neither, it is what it is, take it or leave it i care not.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rae
its entirely up to you how you take my advice, as thats all it is. some don't as its perhaps seen as blunt or rude. its meant as neither, it is what it is, take it or leave it i care not.
Fair enough, I took on board what you said, I was just trying to explain my post a little more is all. It is the same attitude I took when I applied to the police here and it served me well so far, maybe it wont over there but I shall try my best and follow whatever guidelines they set. You're not harsh each to there own. Some people wont like the bluntness but then its up to them if they want to engage with you

I still do
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Starting training already tonight, started in the deep end with circuit training. Man it was painful but it was a good rush. I think I might go for that powerbreathe as my lungs were on fire.

Also how can I get my username changed to wannabecanadianpc
it seems more fitting now
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Starting training already tonight, started in the deep end with circuit training. Man it was painful but it was a good rush. I think I might go for that powerbreathe as my lungs were on fire.

Also how can I get my username changed to wannabecanadianpc
it seems more fitting now
Wannabecalgarypc,
You need to contact the Administrators to change your username.
Good Luck with the fitness training too.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
It appears EPS got its budget (less 1 mill), hopefully info will filter down to recruiting soon!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...et-passed.html
I have received an email from my FM confirming i have been successful with my AINP application. Next stop Canada House....
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:27 am
Live life to the full

treacle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done, thats good news. Does anyone know how long eps take to reply to you after an application is sent in.

Thank you treacle
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by treacle1
well done, thats good news. Does anyone know how long eps take to reply to you after an application is sent in.

Thank you treacle
Thanks Treacle. I will check my paperwork tonight and let you know how long it took before i had a reply from EPS.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by arabian77
I have received an email from my FM confirming i have been successful with my AINP application. Next stop Canada House....
Well done mate. You're not far behind me. I submitted my PR application to the embassy on Wednesday.

Tim
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by treacle1

Thank you treacle
I think it was about 2 months after sending my application until I got invited for testing. Don't know what the timescales are like now though.

Tim
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by tim010
I think it was about 2 months after sending my application until I got invited for testing. Don't know what the timescales are like now though.

Tim
Excellent news Tim and Arabian.

Still waiting here, but hopefully, will be joining you next year!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StuArc
Excellent news Tim and Arabian.

Still waiting here, but hopefully, will be joining you next year!
I'm sure you will be fine mate. Have you got everything ready to send off assuming you get the job offer?

Or do you not want to tempt fate?

Tim
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:59 pm
Live life to the full

treacle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Cheers for that Tim and others that replied, so far its anything from 2 weeks to 2 months for a reply for the application, so we will wait and see.
To the people already living in Canada, what are the things that you really miss about the UK, only my partner and I have been lucky enough to live abroad for a fair bit of our working careers and cannot think of much that we miss i.e its nice to visit every now and then but we would much rather live away.

Treacle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.