EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
Well after a long wait I just got the phone call I was after - EPS have offically offered me a position!

They will be sending me my offer of employment soon but he just called to give me the heads up my file was fully approved!

Now onto immigration!!!!
Congratulations Ashleyg. My partner Les has also been successful. (we are currently going through the immigration process). We look forward to the new life and meeting new people.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuArc
Well done ASH. I have sent you a PM too!

I feel lonely now - I'm still waiting

Best wishes to everyone else who has applied or is waiting.
Stu, stay postive. Les and I believe your be successful.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by arabian77
Stu, stay postive. Les and I believe your be successful.
Ahhh. Cheers ARABIAN77. I know Les believes in me and can you tell him that Kyle has not heard anything either!

Fingers crossed people - just wish I had more arms and hands
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
The thing to do is be cautious. I know of a couple of people who accumulated a fair amount of leave before they left their UK force and were able to finish with their UK force on a Friday and start with the EPS on the Monday. Even if you get the written job offer from EPS, there's still the faint chance that 18 months later when you've done the immigration and are actually able to take up the position, things will have changed and you'll have the rug pulled from under you: the job offer from EPS will be withdrawn and you'll have resigned from the UK force.

Of course, this is highly unlikely: EPS probably aren't going to withdraw a job offer once you've accepted it in writing and Canada (and particularly Alberta) is better placed than the UK to come out of a recession reasonably quickly. On the other hand, given the length of time between getting the job offer and getting out to Canada, so much could happen: you get injured, you get pregnant, a family member gets ill, your partner fails the immigration medical etc it's worth holding back for as long as possible before you actually resign/ sell the house/ tell the chief to f off.
Twaddle!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Pompeyboy,

Which bit is twaddle?

Nige
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nige1521
Pompeyboy,

Which bit is twaddle?

Nige
Disregard, just having a bit of fun with Mr Copperfield.

No actually its all twaddle. He tells you to be cautious and then tells you not to be so cautious. And all the pitfalls he mentions could happen anyway, regardless of whether you decide to take the leap.Twaddle indeed. Stop it Stewie!

EPS need bodies and will continue to do so for at least 5 years to get their numbers where they need to be.

Go for it!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Disregard, just having a bit of fun with Mr Copperfield.

No actually its all twaddle. He tells you to be cautious and then tells you not to be so cautious. And all the pitfalls he mentions could happen anyway, regardless of whether you decide to take the leap.Twaddle indeed. Stop it Stewie!

EPS need bodies and will continue to do so for at least 5 years to get their numbers where they need to be.

Go for it!!
Pompeyboy, thanks for the reassurance.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Dallas2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys and gals, Dont believe anything about the Edmonton Police Service not hiring and to be cautious. I am a current tax payer and also going through the process right now. EPS has to continue hiring people, the city is getting to big and EPS is already short handed. The reason this issue keeps coming up is because its the end of the year and the city of edmonton is trying to cut out everything for their 2010 budget. The people of edmonton need police officers now and probably for the next few years. So yeah I just wanted to let the UK people and other worried people know whats going on because Im sick of seeing some guy telling fairy tales. Having said that, yes their will probably not be three classes next year which will make it more competitive but this doesnt mean they are not hiring. Thanks guys and I hope people start thinking before they speak especially when this forum is all about a dream job or a new career!!!!
Thanks Again
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:42 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dallas2009
Hey guys and gals, Dont believe anything about the Edmonton Police Service not hiring and to be cautious. I am a current tax payer and also going through the process right now. EPS has to continue hiring people, the city is getting to big and EPS is already short handed. The reason this issue keeps coming up is because its the end of the year and the city of edmonton is trying to cut out everything for their 2010 budget. The people of edmonton need police officers now and probably for the next few years. So yeah I just wanted to let the UK people and other worried people know whats going on because Im sick of seeing some guy telling fairy tales. Having said that, yes their will probably not be three classes next year which will make it more competitive but this doesnt mean they are not hiring. Thanks guys and I hope people start thinking before they speak especially when this forum is all about a dream job or a new career!!!!
Thanks Again
Best of luck with your application. May i just point out a couple of things though that may assist you. Firstly, the person i think you refer to as 'some guy' is a serving police officer with EPS and an experienced overseas officer. I would recommend you do not share your view of him with recruiting. Secondly, i would brush up on your English writing skills, your post is littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical inaccuracies that will preclude you from success. Finally, being a tax payer in Edmonton does not mean your opinion thoughts or ideas are more accurate or relevant than others on here, you must show some respect and acknowledgement of others viewpoints, though they may differ from yours, if you intend to be a police officer.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rae
Best of luck with your application. May i just point out a couple of things though that may assist you. Firstly, the person i think you refer to as 'some guy' is a serving police officer with EPS and an experienced overseas officer. I would recommend you do not share your view of him with recruiting. Secondly, i would brush up on your English writing skills, your post is littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical inaccuracies that will preclude you from success. Finally, being a tax payer in Edmonton does not mean your opinion thoughts or ideas are more accurate or relevant than others on here, you must show some respect and acknowledgement of others viewpoints, though they may differ from yours, if you intend to be a police officer.
No! No! No! You got it all wrong, Im actually talking about someone in the Edmonton Journal and city blogs knocking down the police and scaring away good people. This has nothing to do with this site or the police forum. I have so much respect for EPS and have many friends in in the service. I also work beside them at times because Im also EMS. It just hurts me to see that people dont understand what EPS goes through on a daily basis because I see it first hand. They need more people and I will support a tax increase as an Edmonton resident. Oh and thanks for pointing out one of my weaknesses, that shows a lot of respect and great character on your part. Im sorry if I offended you.

Have a good one everybody!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:59 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dallas2009
No! No! No! You got it all wrong, Im actually talking about someone in the Edmonton Journal and city blogs knocking down the police and scaring away good people. This has nothing to do with this site or the police forum. I have so much respect for EPS and have many friends in in the service. I also work beside them at times because Im also EMS. It just hurts me to see that people dont understand what EPS goes through on a daily basis because I see it first hand. They need more people and I will support a tax increase as an Edmonton resident. Oh and thanks for pointing out one of my weaknesses, that shows a lot of respect and great character on your part. Im sorry if I offended you.

Have a good one everybody!!!!
not at all, i apologise if i got the wrong end of the stick.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rae
not at all, i apologise if i got the wrong end of the stick.
Its all good!!!! Cheers!!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Steve K is on a distinguished road

For info of all those filling out the application at the moment, get your IQAS form sent of asap, even before you send your police app off. Have jusy received a letter from the IQAS office today saying it is taking 15 weeks minimum at the moment to complete the IQAS and get it back to you.

Just a quick question to Rae, Stew or any of the others serving there at the moment then. Given the above info will EPS still process your application as normal and then just add the IQAS cert when they get it? Or will they just put it on hold until they get it and then continue with sorting the next stage out???

Cheers.

Steve
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve K
For info of all those filling out the application at the moment, get your IQAS form sent of asap, even before you send your police app off. Have jusy received a letter from the IQAS office today saying it is taking 15 weeks minimum at the moment to complete the IQAS and get it back to you.

Just a quick question to Rae, Stew or any of the others serving there at the moment then. Given the above info will EPS still process your application as normal and then just add the IQAS cert when they get it? Or will they just put it on hold until they get it and then continue with sorting the next stage out???

Cheers.

Steve
With me they were happy as long as it was in process and I assured them that I would send it to them when it arrived with me.

Just put that you will forward it on when received on a covering letter and you will be fine.

Tim

Last edited by tim010; Nov 20th 2009 at 3:19 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:43 am
Live life to the full

treacle1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi everyone,

Please can any of the serving EPS police officers put my mind at rest (rae, stewie etc). I think I am looking far too deep into this application now and thinking of going down my local police station to confess to taking five pounds out of my mum's purse when I was nine or something, I can not even remember. I do remember the discipline from my dad though.
I do not mean to sound ignorant or offend anyone but will recruitment understand that getting drunk and being involved in the odd fight, is just part of military life to which I had nine years of. Its stuff like this that is going over in my mind.
I just need some reassurance that they will not just bin my application as soon as it lands on their desk as I am starting to worry about every little thing.

Cheers Treacle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.