EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by rae
its a very very personal thing highly dependant i feel on you as a person, the career stage you left in the UK, your lifestyle and how adaptable you are.

i think you can put people into 4 categories.

1. you love it and thats that.
2. you like it and want to stay, but still think of home and miss things.
3. you hate it and can't wait to go home.
4. you hate it but put up with it here because it is better than what you have left behind.
May I ask what stage you at?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

or

5. You like it enough, but it's not all you thought it would be and you're not sure if this is going to be "it" for the longterm and that you want to grow old and grey here.

Last edited by ann m; Oct 4th 2009 at 12:24 am.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ann m
or

5. You like it enough, but it's not all you thought it would be and you're not sure if this is going to be "it" for the longterm and that you want to grow old and grey here.
Number 5 is about right for me..
Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Quite true RAE and i see your point.

Hopefully, i'll be no 1-2.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:21 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

or

fair point, how are his legs on the bike so far!!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:59 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
May I ask what stage you at?
certainly, joined EPS june 2007, arrived after training on patrol jan 2008, been here ever since. link below shows me if you really are that bored.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...02171-sun.html
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rae
certainly, joined EPS june 2007, arrived after training on patrol jan 2008, been here ever since. link below shows me if you really are that bored.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...02171-sun.html
Sorry, I meant in regards to your 4 categories of being in Canada, bad choice of words on my part!

And yes I saw your video, accent still as strong as ever!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:32 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
Sorry, I meant in regards to your 4 categories of being in Canada, bad choice of words on my part!

And yes I saw your video, accent still as strong as ever!
thats ok, i actually prefer the number 5 from ann to any of mine and would put myself there.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
fair point, how are his legs on the bike so far!!
Supposed to start tomorrow but incapacitated due to (another) injury. We've had a crap weekend actually comprising much morphine
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:51 pm
rae
Settled.

Supposed to start tomorrow but incapacitated due to (another) injury. We've had a crap weekend actually comprising much morphine
oh dear sorry to hear that, send him my best.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Nice one RAE.

Lost some weight too!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Still no news from background!?!?

Anyone here know someone @ EPS recruiting???

RAE - Where do you get those avatars?!?!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by StuArc

Stuart

I got a response from my FM today. Have sent you a PM and I should know the decision within the next week.

Tim
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Cheers Tim,

i did get it and i have emavled my F.M as my background checks have stvll not commenced (or if they have, i'm not aware)

Best wishes and keep in touch
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:06 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by StuArc

i thought it was appropriate for the fast approaching worst time of the year.

try and relax, i know its difficult but some file managers work faster than others, its just the way it is, nothing you can do about it. i had a delay of about 1 month before the calls started to my references, its not unusual, neither is it starting the next day after you finish everything else. they have a lot of files to work through and there are only a few retired guys who do the calling, just a case of waiting for your turn to come i'm afraid.
i went through the original tests with 4 other brits, one made it onto the course before me, so thats a 6 month time difference, gives you an idea on how slow it can be for some/quicker for others.

don't worry, you'll be doing 10k runs in snow and -20 soon enough, ho ho ho merry christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.