EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Tim - Best wishes during your testing and the very best of luck over there!

One thing i now have invested in is a device called POWERBREATHE. i wish i had been using it about a month before i went and i never heard of it until a few days ago!
Have a look on the net - i got mine for £24.99 and it's the fitness version - it WiLL HELP YOU prepare for the PARE.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Nick Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Morning all!

I am flying out tomorrow for assessments to start on Saturday!! Not too sure what to think right now!! Bit late to worry about anything - just bring it on! Am looking forward to starting everything now. I start with the written tests on Sat, PARE and BDI on Monday, Tuesday is PDI, Wednesday is the Polygraph and hopefully on Thursday I will be going for the medical psycological assessment.

Will keep updates coming with my progress (or lack of!!).

Nick
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Good Luck Nick, hope all goes well for you.

Nige
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nick Brown
Morning all!

I am flying out tomorrow for assessments to start on Saturday!! Not too sure what to think right now!! Bit late to worry about anything - just bring it on! Am looking forward to starting everything now. I start with the written tests on Sat, PARE and BDI on Monday, Tuesday is PDI, Wednesday is the Polygraph and hopefully on Thursday I will be going for the medical psycological assessment.

Will keep updates coming with my progress (or lack of!!).

Nick
Best wishes Nick. Thats the same itinary I had, so best of luck.
Have you arranged a ride along? Well worth it.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

By coincidences me and Nick are actually on the same Air Canada flight to Edmonton tomorrow so hopefully we will be meeting up in departures to compare notes! Looking forward to just getting the tests started now. We also have identical test times and hopefully I will keep everyone updated with my progress on here.

Tim
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Again, best wishes and good luck both.

Not an easy process, but i'm sure you'll both get through.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Best of luck to the both of you!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

All the best folks.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Any news guys???

Come on, keep us update mun!
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by StuArc
Any news guys???

Come on, keep us update mun!

Give us a chance mate.....We only start the testing tomorrow (Sat) however I can confirm we are both in Edmonton and raring to go!

Tim
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Good. Give it all you have chaps!

Can't wait for the updates!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm sure Nick won't mind me saying that we both comfortably PASSED the written testing today at EPS HQ.

The ACT was a lot tougher than expected with numerous words that I had never heard of. Some of the grammar questions in it were also extremely tough. Virtually all the people taking the test agreed that the ACT was not easy at all.

The APCAT was the easier test and I scored about the same as I had done on the Policeprep practice tests.

Onwards to the PARE and then hopefully the BDI on Monday.

Tim
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

Tim,

Well done guys..just wish i can pass it lol..i went out in May and failed the written tests..i found this odd as I passed all the Policeprep tests..some with high marks..i will be taking it again, but not yet! How many people were there? Any retaking them? Best of luck on the PARE and the rest of the assessment.

Steve
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LisaandSteve
Tim,

Well done guys..just wish i can pass it lol..i went out in May and failed the written tests..i found this odd as I passed all the Policeprep tests..some with high marks..i will be taking it again, but not yet! How many people were there? Any retaking them? Best of luck on the PARE and the rest of the assessment.

Steve
There were 10 of us taking the tests today. I can only speak for four people whom all passed. Don't know about the others either way.

Tim
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

That everyone mate or just British?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.