EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

StuArc,

I take it you passed the whole process mate?

Ashley
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
StuArc,

I take it you passed the whole process mate?

Ashley

Well, I think so. I have been asked to send over my credit report for background checks, so assume my poly and other tests were OK!?!?

Hard, hard process I must say and I admire those serving members of EPS who have gone through the process and initial training, which I beleive to tough too!

Cheers for your sentiments Ash - keep in touch. My contact details are on my profile.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I got the new medical clearance form signed by the Doctor today for the PARE as my current one would expire 10 days before my scheduled test! Am going to send out a copy to EPS and keep one for myself in case it gets lost! The surgery only charged me £14.50 for the privilege instead of £50 for the original one. Makes no sense at all but I was not complaining this time.

In regards to the PARE I have been watching a few videos on Youtube of it to reassure me a bit. I am definitely not super fit like I used to be but can still do Level 11/12 on a bleep test so hopefully with some fitness work prior to leaving I should be fine. I have been running 3/4km almost every day this week so hopefully this will put me in good stead.

Tim
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:54 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010
I got the new medical clearance form signed by the Doctor today for the PARE as my current one would expire 10 days before my scheduled test! Am going to send out a copy to EPS and keep one for myself in case it gets lost! The surgery only charged me £14.50 for the privilege instead of £50 for the original one. Makes no sense at all but I was not complaining this time.

In regards to the PARE I have been watching a few videos on Youtube of it to reassure me a bit. I am definitely not super fit like I used to be but can still do Level 11/12 on a bleep test so hopefully with some fitness work prior to leaving I should be fine. I have been running 3/4km almost every day this week so hopefully this will put me in good stead.

Tim
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but better you know, this is no way near enough.

stu arc above had intensive training for several months with a trainer at a gym with a specific programme to get him through and he only just passed, which i hope he does not mind me mentioning. i use stu as a current up to date example so you do not think i am exaggerating. i would strongly advise you seek help from a trainer at a gym, show them what you need to do and they will assist, going for a 2 mile jog once a day is nowhere near enough i am afraid, you are kidding yourself and it will just turn into a very expensive short holiday.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

The problem with the PARE is that it's very hard to know how to prepare and it's difficult to explain how difficult it is.

It's not difficult per se it's just difficult at altitude, under pressure and with no practice.

Just to make you feel better, prospective recruits here is Edmonton get mentored and get to practice the PARE as much as they like.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I must admit it is the altitude that is concerning me the most. I did some shuttle runs this morning of 30 metres each way with jumps in the middle and sit ups/push ups every 60 metres. I managed to do it in around 2 minutes. Obviously this would be a lot tougher on the PARE test!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by rae
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but better you know, this is no way near enough.

stu arc above had intensive training for several months with a trainer at a gym with a specific programme to get him through and he only just passed, which i hope he does not mind me mentioning. i use stu as a current up to date example so you do not think i am exaggerating. i would strongly advise you seek help from a trainer at a gym, show them what you need to do and they will assist, going for a 2 mile jog once a day is nowhere near enough i am afraid, you are kidding yourself and it will just turn into a very expensive short holiday.

No issues at all RAE and I confirm what RAE has said.

I did print off the PARE requirements and gave them to a gym instructor who tailor made a training programme for me.

What I found, is that my legs were fine, but come lap 4 I could hardly breath! I would recommend exercise such as running up stairs, jogging up mountains etc (coming from Wales, I should have used one of the many 'hills' here) to improve leg strength and LUNG CAPACITY.

I only just passed (despite some excellent advice from RAE) and now know what to do to improve it. I'll be running up steps a lot more I must say.

And if you haven't gathered from this forum, please DO NOT be complacent about the test.
It is difficult. It is not like any other we have here and as STEWIE has commented, the dry air and altitude factor in and conspire against us from the UK, simply because we are not acclimatised.

Last edited by StuArc; Jul 15th 2009 at 10:14 am.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Nah,

PARE was a piece of cake!! lol

Seriously though, I completely agree with the comments about PARE, it was tough, nothing I had ever done before can compare!

Nige
Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

Hay folks,

Congrats Stuarc..sure you will be fine mate and have a job offer in no time..

Nige, when you looking at moving out there?

As for my fitness, I am doing 2 circuit classes at the gym every week, 2 gym sessions on a programme, and 2 tab walks up hills with a heavy rucksack on..great and love it..never seem to get any easier though lol..Think this be enough? Just the written tests I need to pass lol..

Take it easy everyone..

Steve
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Steve,

Took me a while to get the full birth certificates for my children, so just sent my AINP docs to EPS today. My file manager will then take the paperwork to get the provincial sponsership certificate,then apply to London after that!

EPS say that they expect the paperwork stage to take about 9 months in total. So looking at an intake in June 2010, something like that.

How's the ACT revision going?

Nige
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

coupland is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Is anybody else going out to Edmonton for the Recruitment Process in September (5-10th)?

Ralph
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

dan19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm Dan,
I'm new on here and was hoping somebody could give me some advice and info on joining EPS (the more advice the better). I'm currently in the process of becoming a PCSO, just finalising the security checks then a medical. I'm 19 and decided to to become a pcso first as to gain some experience in the policing world, and in the next year or two would like to hopefully join EPS as a proper PC. can anyone help me/ give advice on the process, work life, benefits, application, tests etc. i think im ok with the education side i hav 11 GCSE's 1 A, 5 B's, 5 C's and 1 D. and for A-Level's i have 1 B, 2 C's, 1 D, 1 E. i do wear glasses and was hoping that wont affect my application? any info or advice is welcome.

thanks in advance

dan.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

dan

there's no reason you couldn't apply to join EPS tomorrow. You don't need any police experience and you appear to have the requisite educational qualifications. Not sure about the specs though.

Knowing what I know now, I'd go straight to the EPS and not bother with the UK.

www.joineps.ca have all the info
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

I just youtubed the PARE test - if I got the correct one you most all be having a laugh if you think that is hard!! Either that or the Uk police really have started employing chocolate fireguards in my absence
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
dan

there's no reason you couldn't apply to join EPS tomorrow. You don't need any police experience and you appear to have the requisite educational qualifications. Not sure about the specs though.

Knowing what I know now, I'd go straight to the EPS and not bother with the UK.

www.joineps.ca have all the info

How does he get PR with no proir policing experience?

To be eligible for nomination for Pr via the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, you need 3 years experience out of the last 5 in the particular field of work you will be taking up. Unless you something I dont stewie_griffin...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.