EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old May 19th 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

On a related note, I've always wondered how long it would take colleagues to figure out if you'd never actually been a police officer, just lied about it and instead done a 3 day doorman training course.

A bit like those doctors who come to the Uk with slightly obscure qualifications but no-one ever questions them and in the end it turns out that they did a 2 week witch doctor course in West Africa.
Old May 20th 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
On a related note, I've always wondered how long it would take colleagues to figure out if you'd never actually been a police officer, just lied about it and instead done a 3 day doorman training course.

A bit like those doctors who come to the Uk with slightly obscure qualifications but no-one ever questions them and in the end it turns out that they did a 2 week witch doctor course in West Africa.
You can tell you're overseas with comments like that Agree totally, but if i sad that to our Minorities Support Officer, i'd be on the dole Stewie.

Nice one
Old May 25th 2009, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

Folks,

Sorry I have not replied since I went to Canada for my assesment, partly because I was gutted to have failed the ACT & APCAT. ACT by 13 marks and APCAT by 1.

Unfortunately due to flight issues, I had not slept for 24 hours prior to the written tests, which did not help the situation. However, the exams were difficult espically the ACT. It is weird considering I passed all the ACT & APCAT Policeprep exams. I have only myself to blame.

So all those going out soon to sit these, please make sure you are prepared.

I spoke with recruitment and explained my situation and asked if they would progress me anyway whilst I was out there, then I would re-sit the APCAT & ACT in 1 month. They refused to do this due to policy and costs.

Nige. Well done on passing all yours mate. Can you give me any advice on re-sitting mine? I will defo fly out at least 3 days prior to the tests next time.

I am planning on going back ASAP to re-sit these, so fingers crossed. If I dont pass, I will be putting my application on hold for 12 months due to AL at work.

Stu / Rae, thanks again mate for all your support and advice. Most appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
Old May 25th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Steve,

I'm glad you've decided to re-try, it will be worth it in the end.

The ACT was definately more difficult than the the Police Prep exams, I dropped over 10% from my marks on there. I thought initially, that the real difficult words on the exam were used in Canada more. On speaking to other Canadian candidates throughout the week, they had no idea on a lot of the words either!

Steve, the only thing I can suggest is keep at Police Prep, do lots of crosswords amd other word puzzles. This does work, used that to get my knowledge up when I applied to North Wales, albeit 13 years ago! lol

I've no doubt that the flight issue would have had a huge impact on your results, so I've no doubt you'll pass when you go again.

I will say, that doing the whole process in a week is VERY tiring and stressful. But now I'm out the other end, it was, hopefully, well worth it.

Steve, you have my contact details if you need more.

Nige

Last edited by nige1521; May 25th 2009 at 5:50 pm.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

LisaandSteve is on a distinguished road

Nige,

Thanks mate. I will defo try this and I am going to try the Policeprep tests again.

I do not have your contact details mate. If you dont mind, send me a private email with them on please. Could do with a chat over the phone. Have a few questions.

Cheers
Steve
Old May 26th 2009, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Amanda782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I am trying to get my husband to apply for Edmonton Police, and I'm trying to get as much information as I can to throw at him so he can't say I haven't researched it!

Can anyone tell me the approx. monthly take home wage after deductions? He's got 7 years experience in the UK as a PC, and I'm desperate to get out of this country. I'm attempting to work out a rough budget for housing / living etc.

Thanks a lot,

Amanda
Old May 26th 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

dsd1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my job offer from EPS in January.. Filled out all the IMM forms and handed my AINP nomination certificate in at London at the end of April, anyone know how long before they request medicals.

thanks
Old May 26th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Amanda,

If you google the question, you'll find the rough answers. I think Ann M has posted a few threads before on the same question.

Hope this helps

Nige
Old May 26th 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Hi Nige,

Thanks a lot. Are you already in EPS?
Old May 26th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Amanda,

No, just returned from Edmonton having completed the week of tests!!

Nige
Old May 26th 2009, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Ooooh, exciting! Did you pass? How was it?
Old May 26th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Amanda,

It was a tough and stressful week. Hopefully it will be worth it. I passed everything that I needed to, so just waiting for all the background checks to be done. Edmonton have said this may take some time, as they want to fill the June 09 course first.

Also went to Calgary and did the tests there, so it's just a waiting game. If your hubby saw the benefits of working in Calgary/Edmonton compared to policing in the UK, he'd change his mind, I'm sure.

I'm in North Wales, 13 years service.

Nige
Old May 26th 2009, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nige,

So you've applied for both?

Can I ask you how long it took from submitting your application to going over there to sit the tests?

He applied for Western Australia at the end of last year, but they've suspended their intake at the moment. I'm actually quite happy about it, I'd prefer Canada over Australia. I've never been there, but I've got family in Alberta. We're in London and we've got a 4 month old son, and I really don't want to raise him here.

I'm trying as hard as I can to convince him to apply, I think he's just really nervous about having to do the tests. Although, he passed everything first time here so he can't be that thick!
Old May 26th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda,

It wasn't long from submitting the application to having a date for tests. It takes a while to put together the application pack as you need a full eyesight test, hearing test and a GP to sign a medical clearance ready for the PARE test.

Once submitted, I had a date for my week of tests, I think I submitted my application to Edmonton in November, had a reply within 2 weeks asking me to go out in May 09.

Calgary weren't recruiting, so submitted a resume as per their website. Had a response saying that they would keep the resume on file for 2 years. After about a month or so, received an application pack from them.

If you need more info, send a private message and i'll give you/hubby my contact details.

Nige
Old May 26th 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nige,

Thanks so much for all your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.