Forum Regular

Dom B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by ann m
Hi Dom

I just took this off the CIC (PNP) page :

"6. Calculate your fees.

You will have to pay the following fees:

The processing fee for you and your dependants must be paid when you apply. It is not refundable, even if your application is not approved.
Wait until your application is processed to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee for you and your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, if applicable. It must be paid before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues your permanent resident visa. This fee is refundable if you cancel your application, if your application is not approved, or if you do not use your visa.
You will also have to pay fees to third parties for:

your medical examination
a police certificate, if you require one as part of your criminal and security check, and
language testing, as required.

Information on how to pay your processing fee and your Right of Permanent Residence fee is included in the instructions for the visa office where you submit your application."

Edmonton Police will offer you the PNP place and set the ball rolling - but you get to pay for it all

It's $550 for the applicant, $550 for their partner and $150 for each child under 22. And I'm sure there will be a few other things thrown in for good measure like an admin fee of $75 maybe.

Hope that helps (or not, as the case may be!)
Ha ha, yeah thanks anne, good job i've put my application on hold... I'll need to account for that! You're a good un you!.. See i told ya you'd have more idea than me
Dom
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:50 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diggler
Have you got any good news ?!
it stopped snowing last night.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rae
it stopped snowing last night.

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Sturdygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Just for anyone who is at the final stages of the immigration process and have paid the fees to the Canadian Embassy... you will be asked to pay for a medical. Depending on where you live in the UK, there are various different places that do the medical. As we live in Staffordshire, the options for us are Birmingham or Manchester..... when we called to get the costings, there is a difference of £150.00 in the fees that they charge, so call around to see where is cheapest. They offer the same product, but dont have a fixed fee.

Also, just on a personal note, when paying the application fee into the Canadian Embassy in London, we were told that stage of the application process would take five months, however, it's been processed in four weeks!!! Having spoken to some relatives in Edmonton, there is a big drive to get "required immigrants" into the Country ASAP for several reasons, including trying to boost the economy.... so the wait may not be as long as we all anticipated! Hooray!

Sturdygirl
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rae
some info that may be of interest for those with 'wobbles'

ACPO recently issued guidelines with regard to the applications of non uk residents, those with less than 3 full years living in the UK. This appeared at first hand to be legitimate recruiting guidelines for applications from foreign nationals. However, following a recent application/enquiry to several different forces in the UK, it appears the forces/ACPO are using it to punish those who have left and make it clear to those thinking of leaving they cannot come back.

replies from the ACPO head of recruiting state that the adoption of the recommendations in this manner is perfectly acceptable. It matters not that you have lived in the UK all your life and have served your force for a considerable period of time. The limit is 2 weeks, once you have left for that amount of time you must return and live in the UK for 3yrs before you can apply to rejoin.

something to bare in mind should anyone be thinking of giving it a try then coming back if it does not work.
Rae, is it really two weeks? I was told it was two years from the day you leave.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:34 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Rae, is it really two weeks? I was told it was two years from the day you leave.
2 weeks is the 'new' 'guideline' which is constantly quoted and refered to, yet, self admittedly by ACPO, is not actually in print anywhere yet as this takes some time. the whole thing is a bloody shambles.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is another 'body' that regulates this kind of stuff too and therefore confuses the messages and guidelines even more.

The new-ish National Police Improvement Agency (NPIA) outlines that after being out of a specific role for a certain amount of time, an officer may be regarded as 'operationally competent' or 'occupationally competent' if still within a 2 year period (I think). For example, a firearms officer, who has been off the dept for a while, could still be classed as occupationally competent up to a 2 year limit, but would need to re-classify in order to be operationally competent.

Now whether this only refers to currently employed or career break officers who move around departments or the world, I cannot confirm.

I just think it's more 'fluff' to confuse everyone, and it's no wonder that everyone (ourselves included) are confused and that even the numerous HR departments (in fact, especially the HR departments) are giving out mixed messages.

My advice would be to attempt to get something in writing before you leave - especially relevant if anyone manages to wangle a career break, and potentially impossible if you need to resign!

I honestly think it still comes down to that oft-quoted Canadian term of networking. We did it all the time in the UK too - just didn't think of it in those terms. If your old skipper or inspector liked the look of you, he could put in a 'good word' and you'd be back on the team in no time. If your face fits, and all that

Last edited by ann m; Apr 2nd 2009 at 4:51 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:59 am
rae
Settled.

quick update, GMP will have me back. i think this is good news. anyway shows what i thought/hoping for, your home force appears to have the final say, not ACPO.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Dom B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
quick update, GMP will have me back. i think this is good news. anyway shows what i thought/hoping for, your home force appears to have the final say, not ACPO.
So are you thinking of coming back rae? How come?
Must have missed that post...
Dom
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rae
What??? you're coming back?

Are you insane?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:58 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by StuArc
What??? you're coming back?

Are you insane?
i am considering it and yes quite possibly. here is the thing, to everyone else as well, it is not for everyone. it does not mean its bad here, it does not mean its better here, just simply that as an individual it may not be for you. its unexplainable until you come and live here. you will either like it or hate it and no amount of skiing, big trucks, big houses and more disposable income can change it.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:33 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Dom B
So are you thinking of coming back rae? How come?
Must have missed that post...
Dom
i think now i'll shut up, i'll happily answer any direct questions but i feel like i am monopolising a thread which has nothing to do with my personal circs, people are on here to learn about EPS, not what i am doing, the info is now on here good and bad for all to see, its nothing more than a weak base to start your research.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I have now been invited for testing between 13th June and 19th June in Edmonton. Gotta sort the leave out but if that is all fine I will be out that week!

Anyone else going out for testing that week??

Tim
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tim010
I have now been invited for testing between 13th June and 19th June in Edmonton. Gotta sort the leave out but if that is all fine I will be out that week!

Anyone else going out for testing that week??

Tim
Thats when im out there with the missus

Any idea where you going to stay?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Not even looked at accomodation yet mate as only got the offer for testing today. I'm not 100% sure we will come out that week anyway as I have a torn calf muscle at the moment that still needs a few weeks rest prior to starting the fitness training proper. Not too concerned about the PARE as I am quite fit naturally but I don't want to leave anything to chance!

We may go out in August instead but will know by middle of next week. EPS seem fairly flexible with the testing dates and I have asked them to get back to me with available dates in August in case we go then.

If we do go out in June I will get in touch with you to hopefully double up our knowledge if you don't mind!

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.