Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

CPS recruiting test advice

CPS recruiting test advice

Old May 18th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

martintaylor1547 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink CPS recruiting test advice

I have just heard from my file manager that I have got through to the testing stage of recruiting with the Calgary Police Service and hope to go out soon

Any advice would be most helpful particularly in relation to the panel interview but any tips would be great

Hope to hear from lots of you soon
Old May 18th 2007, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CPS recruiting test advice

email sent
Old May 18th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

talb999 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by martintaylor1547
I have just heard from my file manager that I have got through to the testing stage of recruiting with the Calgary Police Service and hope to go out soon

Any advice would be most helpful particularly in relation to the panel interview but any tips would be great

Hope to hear from lots of you soon

Martin,

Firstly.. very well done!!

I heard this week that i have been successful too, and will be going out in October for testing. Have you printed the 'interview tips' off the CPS website?

I'm with West Midlands police, UK. Where are you?
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by talb999
Martin,

Firstly.. very well done!!

I heard this week that i have been successful too, and will be going out in October for testing. Have you printed the 'interview tips' off the CPS website?

I'm with West Midlands police, UK. Where are you?
I am with Avon and Somerset based in Bristol

Hoping to go out in July to do the tests
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

talb999 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by martintaylor1547
I am with Avon and Somerset based in Bristol

Hoping to go out in July to do the tests
Nice one.!!
I've booked to go out in October. I was going to opt for July but felt with our 2 week holiday coming up next week (12th June) to the Dominican Republic on an all inclusive fat bloke basis, i would be too much of a lard ass to do any good, plus we wanted to time it better with schooling.

I hope you do really well- so the very best of luck!

Drop me line before you go, and when you get back if you dont mind to let me know how things went.

We've booked a 15 night trip and we're staying at the Sandman hotel downtown. Cheap and cheerful with a bit of luck!!

Cheers mate.

Gaz.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:36 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Hi

Would any of you mind telling us when you put your applications in and how long it was before you had any contact from CPS re your applications. Also have you done you initial test papers - and where did you go for them. Also, sorry about all the questions ..... how long did you get between hearing that you had got through the first applications stage and would be moving onto all the other bits.

Many thanks

Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

in response to the couple of questions I applied in FEB it took two weeks for it to arrive in Calgary and then 8 weeks for them to do the initial processing. They are getting loads of applications from the UK so it is a bit of a waiting game.

I then got a call inviting me out and the earliest I could go out was the beginning of July your trip has to be arranged around the PARE fitness test which is only run twice a month.

Not sure how long the process takes after the test etc, but will post after I know

I'm doing written test on Monday, Interview Tuesday, PARE Wednesday, Physc test Thur and the POly on Fri

WHat a week

Hope this helps

MArtin
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

rodders5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am looking to apply to EPS and for obvious reasons not looking to tell work till last minute, anyone whos been through the process know at what stage they write to your current force and ask for references??
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

I dont know about EPS but CPS have not contacted my force yet however they have asked me to take out career reviews from last 3 years and in order to do this I had to tell my bosses they are very supportive but it does mean I could not apply for anything within my own force even if I wanted to
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

They contact your PSD or whatever you call it, in the background checks stage. Therefore, after all your tests, and you get a conditional offer that you passed, it is subject to satisfactory references/background checks.

This is when they contact most or all of those 10 people you put on your form. My hubby then had to supply an email address for Complaints & Discipline who then write back that all is fine and dandy in your record and that you are an outstanding member of the force with no current or foreseeable complaints against you !

My hubby did not tell anyone anything at work till the very last minute. Only his direct skipper knew ! Then he had one month to go and sorted out some leaving drinks. About 50% said 'go for it' and the other 50% said 'are you mad?!' ...