Club One Five '0'

Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:46 pm
  #1  
A&M
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Posts: 43
A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Club One Five '0'

Hey everyone

Decided to start a new thread for all those remaining in the pool so that we can keep each other updated and keep in touch over the next few weeks.

Hope to see your posts soon ...........


Ang & Mick
A&M is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:58 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 75
zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by A&M
Hey everyone

Decided to start a new thread for all those remaining in the pool so that we can keep each other updated and keep in touch over the next few weeks.

Hope to see your posts soon ...........


Ang & Mick
hello!

we too are fully paid up members of this club... unfortunately..!

this two week wait is gonna be long.... are you feeling optimistic?
zoe100 is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:27 pm
  #3  
A&M
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Posts: 43
A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by zoe100
hello!

we too are fully paid up members of this club... unfortunately..!

this two week wait is gonna be long.... are you feeling optimistic?
Have to say Zoe100, feeling more optimistic than I was this time on Friday night!!!

The Information Day on saturday was a good experience, we're glad we went along. Not too long now to wait though .. even though it's going to feel like a lifetime (again!)

I've told my line manger not to expect any work out of me until at LEAST 1st March!! Luckily he understands as he too, had a dying wish to live in Oz, albeit some 40 years ago ..... me thinks he now regrets not taking the plunge. I don't intend to feel like that in 40 yrs.

We've looked at house prices in Adelaide and compared these to Port Lincoln/Augusta & Whyella and the difference is amazing. Seems to be cheaper to live in Adelaide or the surrounding suburbs.

I think rented accommodation will have to be first option until Academy and postings are settled. Schools for us will be high on the priority list for factors as we have two kids (although only 1 school age). After that, it has to be the shops!

Keep your chin up .... it's not over 'til the big lady sings!!!

Ang & Mick
A&M is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:53 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 22
D and L will become famous soon enoughD and L will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Hi all,

Just found this thread... We will keep our ears to the ground for any info and will update with any news we get, we like you guys are wondering what will happen now...

The uncertainty is driving us mad, we have 2 kids and one starting school in Sept and is a nightmare working out whether we will be here or not... anyone sharing our frustration?

Hope to talk soon.

Dan & Lau
D and L is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 6:05 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Rippo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 122
Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Club One Five '0'

Hi,

Good idea to start a pool thread, we can all compare notes with out getting in the way of flight details and accommodation plans!

I think it will be a quiet 2 weeks (if that is possible during half term).

I am feeling more positive about the chance of further courses after Saturday, I think it is just a matter of when not if.

Off later this afternoon to see a psychic!! :scared:
Saw him in November and he said that he could see my house on the market and said I would be moving overseas in 6 to 9 months - New Zealand came up! (well that was close enough for me!) And all of this before anyone knew about SAPOL, we weren't looking to emigrate for 3 years. He also got loads of other personal stuff right, which would be hard for even the toughest sceptic to disbelieve!

So will have to see what he says! Let's hope it is good news.

Ann
Rippo is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:11 am
  #6  
A&M
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Posts: 43
A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by D and L
Hi all,

Just found this thread... We will keep our ears to the ground for any info and will update with any news we get, we like you guys are wondering what will happen now...

The uncertainty is driving us mad, we have 2 kids and one starting school in Sept and is a nightmare working out whether we will be here or not... anyone sharing our frustration?

Hope to talk soon.

Dan & Lau
Hi Dan & Lau

Definitely understand. We have two kids (2 & 13 yrs) My 13 yr old doesn't know it yet, but travelling to Oz any time after July, means he will forfeit his UK 'summer' holiday as the Ozzie school 'summer' holidays aren't until 17 Dec (- 29th Jan).

Life's tough isn't it!

Ang & Mick
A&M is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:14 am
  #7  
A&M
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Posts: 43
A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi,

Good idea to start a pool thread, we can all compare notes with out getting in the way of flight details and accommodation plans!

I think it will be a quiet 2 weeks (if that is possible during half term).

I am feeling more positive about the chance of further courses after Saturday, I think it is just a matter of when not if.

Off later this afternoon to see a psychic!! :scared:
Saw him in November and he said that he could see my house on the market and said I would be moving overseas in 6 to 9 months - New Zealand came up! (well that was close enough for me!) And all of this before anyone knew about SAPOL, we weren't looking to emigrate for 3 years. He also got loads of other personal stuff right, which would be hard for even the toughest sceptic to disbelieve!

So will have to see what he says! Let's hope it is good news.

Ann
Hi Ann

So glad I'm not the only psychic nut. I've been to a lady over the past 7 years several times and she's always been true. I also went to see her again two weeks ago and she kept banging on about Australia and Canada. She said it would be this year. Jobs wouldn't be a problem. Nothing to worry about. That we would have a quick house sale (asking price) and our furniture would travel before us and that we might have to rent for a little while.

All good enough for me. She also said and I quote "As I won't be seeing you again, I'll bid you bon voyage!" Spooky or what.


Let me know how you get on.

Ang & Mick
A&M is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:27 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 75
zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

i saw a psychic a couple of weeks ago too! he was spot on with loads of stuff, and said your partner is going for a new job, or promotion, i see you selling property, buying another property and living overseas, said i had got a new car (which i had, from my mum, and had got the reg docs that morning) and that it would be good luck, and said i would find my nana's ring......which lee did, yesterday!! (best valentine's pressie ever, thanks lee xxx)

so... am hoping all the correct stuff so far will mean he will be right about new job and living abroad too...

right now i feel more like seeing a psychologist than another psychic!!! oh well.

we also felt more positive after saturday, but then i felt so bad after getting the email late friday, and after two nights sleep i was like a zombie til about 11am saturday, so anything would have been an improvement. hoping that all the signs point to at least one more course. i love the fact that 25% of their force is aged between 50 and 60 - thats gotta be a major positive in our favour. and am hoping that lee's age and experience will stand him in good stead if there are more courses... i just wish they had said they werent positive thered be more courses on his interview, otherwise he would have said yes to march..
oh well.

stay sane people
zoe xx
zoe100 is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:53 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
delr is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by A&M
Hi Dan & Lau

Definitely understand. We have two kids (2 & 13 yrs) My 13 yr old doesn't know it yet, but travelling to Oz any time after July, means he will forfeit his UK 'summer' holiday as the Ozzie school 'summer' holidays aren't until 17 Dec (- 29th Jan).

Life's tough isn't it!

Ang & Mick
hello one and all,lets hope the news is good over the next few weeks,just found this link and thought it would be rude not to join in.
did not go to the info day as could not bring myself to see all those happy smiling faces with their joining instructions,no sour grapes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decided to treat the kids to a week in sunny spain to get over their disappointment so its off to drown my and the kides sorrows in cheap spanish beer and sangria.
delr is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:08 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 25
ronniecat25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Hello you lot,
Good idea to have a thread for the pool. At least when one knows all the rest will find out through this.
I sent Scott an E mail cos I needed another medic form for my son he replied in 12 hours. Spooky when it's not a question about dates etc. He's a good lad. I think he wanted to tell all on Sat but was prevented.

We have two kids. One 9 and one 16 so he will need a college to complete his A level. I hear there's one in North Adelaide.
We also found prop to be more expensive o/s Adelaide. On a positive note house renting appears to be about $180 to 200 per week for a 3 bed. Cheaper than my mortgage. About £370 per month.
If you build your own out there you get huge discounts as well. Worth looking at.

About to leave work at gatwick so speak soon.
TTFN
Ronnie
ronniecat25 is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:05 pm
  #11  
realistic & optimistic
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Croydon
Posts: 12
brian1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by A&M
Hey everyone

Decided to start a new thread for all those remaining in the pool so that we can keep each other updated and keep in touch over the next few weeks.

Hope to see your posts soon ...........


Ang & Mick
Hi,

Glad I found this site, couldn't bear to hear all those happy tales of flight details, stop offs in Kualar Lumpar and pet passports. Not that I'm bitter though. :scared:

Is there anyone else out there with a same sex partner who isn't included in the SAPOL sponsered migration scheme?

Seems a bit unfair when we've been together for 9 years and a defacto partner of opposite sex is included and only has to prove committment for 12 months!

For fear of sounding like Dafyyd from Little Britain "I'm the only gay in the 1-5-0 club"

Seems like my partner will have to apply seperatly once we're out there and go through the same procedure as anyone else entering the country. I thought the days of discrimination were over, but yes you guessed it....not bitter.

Didn't go to the Saturday thing cos I was having a massive drama day after the receiving the most depressing e-mail in the history of eletronic mail

I've had some more encouraging feedback from those that went. I'm always happy for any more.

Last edited by brian1; Feb 15th 2005 at 9:14 pm.
brian1 is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:28 am
  #12  
servibabe
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Kent
Posts: 46
servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by D and L
Hi all,

Just found this thread... We will keep our ears to the ground for any info and will update with any news we get, we like you guys are wondering what will happen now...

The uncertainty is driving us mad, we have 2 kids and one starting school in Sept and is a nightmare working out whether we will be here or not... anyone sharing our frustration?

Hope to talk soon.

Dan & Lau
you bet!
servibabe is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:13 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Rippo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 122
Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Club One Five '0'

Good Morning everyone,

Well I saw my psychic yesterday. He said he could see me with a paint brush painting the house, then he saw the house on the market, and he realised I was painting it to do it up to sell!

He says it will sell very quickly, or we will rent it out. And said we would be moving abroad, over water, and this too would be happening quickly. He said hubbie was looking for a new job.

The one scary thing was that he said I wasn't coming back to the uk except to visit, and that I wouldn't be fulfilled until I moved to Oz. (There was mention of a 3rd child and another man...but I think we'll just brush over those bits!!! )

So most of this was great news, and what was even better was he said that money would be good! (Well there's a first for everything)!

So something to keep me going for a little while longer.

Doesn't the end of February seem an awfully long way away!

Has anyone put their house on the market....just in case? We are going to wait for the elusive course offer.

Ann

Last edited by Rippo; Feb 16th 2005 at 6:17 am.
Rippo is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:53 am
  #14  
servibabe
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Kent
Posts: 46
servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by Rippo
Good Morning everyone,

Well I saw my psychic yesterday. He said he could see me with a paint brush painting the house, then he saw the house on the market, and he realised I was painting it to do it up to sell!

He says it will sell very quickly, or we will rent it out. And said we would be moving abroad, over water, and this too would be happening quickly. He said hubbie was looking for a new job.

The one scary thing was that he said I wasn't coming back to the uk except to visit, and that I wouldn't be fulfilled until I moved to Oz. (There was mention of a 3rd child and another man...but I think we'll just brush over those bits!!! )

So most of this was great news, and what was even better was he said that money would be good! (Well there's a first for everything)!

So something to keep me going for a little while longer.

Doesn't the end of February seem an awfully long way away!

Has anyone put their house on the market....just in case? We are going to wait for the elusive course offer.

Ann
'And give us this day our daily bread', no im not a preacher, but do you find yourselves drawn to this as if nothing else matters. I guess it doesnt really, just a snippet of positive news would be great.

Yes 2 weeks is a very long time, and no we have not put our house on the market, probably because it is no where near finished yet. i think i will still be leaving H behind even if we get the Sept course...if there is one of course.

Starting to thin things out on the house front though as in boot fairs etc, made £130 3 weeks ago. We will probably sell all of our bulky stuff minus the motor bikes. We need the money for the move.

We have been up in arms on a decesion on whether to sell or rent, but we will probably sell. We will have about £150.000 equity.

Anyway time to go off to work and do my 'risk assessment training' what a bundle of laughs.

back later

Coral and h
servibabe is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:40 am
  #15  
A&M
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Posts: 43
A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Re: Club One Five '0'

Originally Posted by Rippo
Good Morning everyone,

Well I saw my psychic yesterday. He said he could see me with a paint brush painting the house, then he saw the house on the market, and he realised I was painting it to do it up to sell!

He says it will sell very quickly, or we will rent it out. And said we would be moving abroad, over water, and this too would be happening quickly. He said hubbie was looking for a new job.

The one scary thing was that he said I wasn't coming back to the uk except to visit, and that I wouldn't be fulfilled until I moved to Oz. (There was mention of a 3rd child and another man...but I think we'll just brush over those bits!!! )

So most of this was great news, and what was even better was he said that money would be good! (Well there's a first for everything)!

So something to keep me going for a little while longer.

Doesn't the end of February seem an awfully long way away!

Has anyone put their house on the market....just in case? We are going to wait for the elusive course offer.

Ann
Hi Rippos

Exiciting news 'from the other side'!! We put our house on the market over two weeks ago. Have had lots of interest but no offers as yet. Have checked out houses in Adelaide and o/s - house inner city are cheapest although we think after that first week or two in a hotel we'll find some rented until we've all settled down and found our ideal home!

End of Feb does look a long way away ..... at least we've got the site to keep each other up beat eh??

Ang & Mick
A&M is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.