Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

CIC education points given for police service?

CIC education points given for police service?

Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default CIC education points given for police service?

I am a Met police officer with over 20 years pensionable service but no other educational qualifications outside of the police and would like to emigrate to Canada but not join another police service.

Does anyone out there know what our police training and service entitles us to as far as education points on a skilled worker application form is concerned?

Please tell me I'm worth some!

Any links would be great too, so that I can include supporting evidence with my PR application.

Thanks.

Robin
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:40 am
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CIC education points given for police service?

I can tell you that your police training and course qualificatoins do go some way to earning you points on your application.

I was in the same predicament. 7yrs in the army then 15yrs in the police. I was worried that I would not achieve enough points. But we were pleased to receive our visas in no time at all.....6 months, and I had no formal educational qualifications to shout about. Well o level woodwork but I dont think that gave me any points.

Where are you thinking of moving to ????

Calgary are crying out for experienced officers if your interested????

Its a bit expensive thats the only thing.

Andrew
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, I'll pm you.
Robin
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just a thought, have any police officers applied for PR since the new simplified process, and had a response from CHC with an AOR?
Thanks
Robin
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I am a Met police officer with over 20 years pensionable service but no other educational qualifications outside of the police and would like to emigrate to Canada but not join another police service.

Does anyone out there know what our police training and service entitles us to as far as education points on a skilled worker application form is concerned?

Any links would be great too, so that I can include supporting evidence with my PR application.

Thanks.

Robin
Hi
We are in a similar position and have found out that the 2 year Police Probationary period is viewed as having served an Apprenticeship so it gives you that skill level and then it also give you a further 2 years on your education. I do have documents given to us by a Police friend who is now successfully in Canada, which he submitted with his application basically showing how various Canadian authorities view the Police Probationary Period. If you PM me I will send you a copy.
Regards
Stef
Old Jul 21st 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Just a thought, have any police officers applied for PR since the new simplified process, and had a response from CHC with an AOR?
Thanks
Robin
Hi Robin

Applied 6th June. Draft cashed 4th July. Not had AOR yet, expecting around early October.

Lara
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Hi Robin

Applied 6th June. Draft cashed 4th July. Not had AOR yet, expecting around early October.

Lara
We submitted ours on 8th June so will have similar time lines. I'll check with my bank to see if the draft has been cashed.
Thanks
Robin
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We submitted ours on 8th June so will have similar time lines. I'll check with my bank to see if the draft has been cashed.
Thanks
Robin
AOR arrived this am 6 weeks, 4 days! Has yours arrived? Lara

Last edited by singingringingtree; Jul 24th 2007 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
AOR arrived this am 6 weeks, 4 days! Has yours arrived? Lara
Now that is quick! Did the letter indicate the anticipated wait?
No, we haven't heard yet, hopefully we'll hear before we go on holiday on the 7th August then.....
Thanks for 'sharing'
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Now that is quick! Did the letter indicate the anticipated wait?
No, we haven't heard yet, hopefully we'll hear before we go on holiday on the 7th August then.....
Thanks for 'sharing'
It said 42-48 months, which was what we expected, but in recent communication I had with CHC Client Services they told me they are currently working slightly below that and hope to bring the wait down even further.

I am a bit surprised at the speed of the AOR - especially after recent posters have been waiting for up to 16 weeks. When I saw the CHC stamp on the envelope I assumed something wrong with application!

Lara
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

As you will see from my signature....we have just got our AOR....via our representative.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Well done. Good to be a number!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

BigWilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

Robin
Interesting plan Robin.
What u planning on doing in canada? (and where in de met are u?)
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Essex-Peeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
We are in a similar position and have found out that the 2 year Police Probationary period is viewed as having served an Apprenticeship so it gives you that skill level and then it also give you a further 2 years on your education. I do have documents given to us by a Police friend who is now successfully in Canada, which he submitted with his application basically showing how various Canadian authorities view the Police Probationary Period. If you PM me I will send you a copy.
Regards
Stef
Lin and Stef

I'm in the same boat. Can you PM me a copy of this info?

Essex-Peeler
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex-Peeler
Lin and Stef

I'm in the same boat. Can you PM me a copy of this info?

Essex-Peeler
Hi
If you PM Me your e-mail address or home address I will get a copy to you
cheers Stef
(ps it does not attach to PMs on this site)