Cayman Islands Police

Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

dan379 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cayman Islands Police

Going back a few years there were some pretty negative threads on joining the Cayman Islands Police and I'd hope things may have improved.

I am looking to take a career break with my wife and 2 children (now 6 & 8) to work in the Caymans (I am Inspector rank here in the UK). Possibly 2 years.

Any advice, guidance and/or local contacts appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Eranu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cayman Islands Police

hello mate, their last recruiting drive was about 9 months ago. on that occassion they recruited about 30 officers, mostly PC's i believe.

i'm not sure when the next drive will be, or even if they are after Inspectors.

give gretel a buzz - she's the recruitment lady:

[email protected]
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link. Have emailed for details.

I met one of their Exec Officers a few weeks ago and have an idea what to expect but would like to hear from others who have been/are there.

Dan.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:44 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dan379
Thanks for the link. Have emailed for details.

I met one of their Exec Officers a few weeks ago and have an idea what to expect but would like to hear from others who have been/are there.

Dan.
Have a good look through the other page's on this site.There are some very interesting threads on the Caymen experience's of other officers. One being that it was mentioned that its not a very nice place for families.
Please research all you can on here some excellent views to help you with your plans.
All the best Mrs minihaha
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mrs M. The ones I've seen mainly relate to 2004-5. I'm assured things have changed since then. Be nice to know how much!! Will keep looking. D.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

M.FOLEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mrs M. The ones I've seen mainly relate to 2004-5. I'm assured things have changed since then. Be nice to know how much!! Will keep looking. D.

Dan

There are a bunch of threads more recent than that. The fact is things will never change. Change is impossible in the RCIP. Many have tried and failed. Things have not improved. If you are willing to turn a blind eye to corruption, incompetance and sleaze GO FOR IT! That is what will be expected of you.

I suspect that the person who assured you that things have improved is the 'exec officer' currently visiting the UK. That person is one of the worst offenders.

M.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Oh Hell. Doesn't sound good. Thanks for the warning. Maybe Oz would be a better bet. Or I could stay home and stare out of the window at the rain!
D.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:23 pm

Oh Hell. Doesn't sound good. Thanks for the warning. Maybe Oz would be a better bet. Or I could stay home and stare out of the window at the rain!
D.
Hi. Dont you fancy Canada? You must have seen the ton of post's of all the bobbies going through the recruitment for Calgary and Edmonton.

My hubby did the same two years ago and having left the UK beat behind he can honestly say he has never looked back since.
As a family of four we have never for one min regretted our move here it really is a nicer environment for our kid's to grow up in.
The shorter flight times back home are a plus too when visiting family not that I have felt the need to yet.We looked at Oz and NZ and the distance did put me off personally.
If you are looking at leaving the Uk behind in search of a better lifestyle for your family I can honestly say you woudnt go far wrong giving the CPS a go.
But I am slighty biased but Edmonton is popular too.

Good luck with what you decide.
Mrs minihaha
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:18 pm
KJT
Forum Regular

KJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really nice

I am an ex UK PC too, now living in Ontario. I just joined a University Campus Police Force here. I am extremely happy in Canada. We have a great house, nice cars, good friends. I would not go back to the UK. The climate here in SW Ontario is mild, its been really hot today, (about 34 degrees). I would recommend it to anyone.

KJT
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

BigWilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJT
I am an ex UK PC too, now living in Ontario. I just joined a University Campus Police Force here. I am extremely happy in Canada. We have a great house, nice cars, good friends. I would not go back to the UK. The climate here in SW Ontario is mild, its been really hot today, (about 34 degrees). I would recommend it to anyone.

KJT
Could you explain a bit more about this job on the campus ole chap?!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by minihaha
Hi. Dont you fancy Canada? You must have seen the ton of post's of all the bobbies going through the recruitment for Calgary and Edmonton.

My hubby did the same two years ago and having left the UK beat behind he can honestly say he has never looked back since.
As a family of four we have never for one min regretted our move here it really is a nicer environment for our kid's to grow up in.
The shorter flight times back home are a plus too when visiting family not that I have felt the need to yet.We looked at Oz and NZ and the distance did put me off personally.
If you are looking at leaving the Uk behind in search of a better lifestyle for your family I can honestly say you woudnt go far wrong giving the CPS a go.
But I am slighty biased but Edmonton is popular too.

Good luck with what you decide.
Mrs minihaha
Not sure if we're a bit mad but we actually love the UK and I enjoy working for the UK police.

We are looking for a couple of years in the sun, a new set of experiences for the children, something for my work portfolio and some R&R. Caymans sounded ideal (until I started reading the posts!) and we would love a more 'tropical' feel to where we live. Loved Jamaica, too, but not to live, even for a couple of years. Think I might be aiming for a utopia that doesn't exist. Canada was great for an extended holiday, but it didn't really fit the bill.

Thanks to everyone for posting! Keep them coming...

D.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Just read that back and it sounds really dismissive. Apologies for that Canada fans - love the USA, Europe and Canada. Have a friend in South Africa who keeps trying to entice me to stay, but I found it more suitable for singles, couples or those with older kids. Choosy aren't I! D.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

M.FOLEY is an unknown quantity at this point

You should try Bermuda, a little more professional that the RCIP (not much) but for a couple of years...... I think they need people who are up to speed on PACE as they have or are brining that in.

Or even better why don't you get a job that isn't Policing?, Cayman is a great place if you're not in the Police.

M.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:47 pm

Just read that back and it sounds really dismissive. Apologies for that Canada fans - love the USA, Europe and Canada. Have a friend in South Africa who keeps trying to entice me to stay, but I found it more suitable for singles, couples or those with older kids. Choosy aren't I! D.
You should be choosy when you have kids, and nothing wrong with that.
Good luck with your search and keep us posted as to where your utopia may be.
Mrs minihaha
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:14 am
KJT
Forum Regular

KJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigWilly
Could you explain a bit more about this job on the campus ole chap?!
Yeah,

Its basically Policing a University campus, its community policing. you can chose to go out in the cars, foot or bike patrol. Same as policing anywhere else, but with a nicer environment really. Still have drunks and public order etc, but basically the job has more positives than negatives. I Have only just started there but the other Guys love the job and say that the job is the best kept secret in the policing world. (don't tell anyone though).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.