Canada advice please!

Old Mar 6th 2019, 2:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada advice please!

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
Let me explain something. If you're a Canadian like I am you know this all your life. ....
I saw that you know what "snide" means; do you also know what "condescending" means?

My experience (not in Canada) is that the natives "know" lots of things that aren't actually correct, and that immigrants, who have to negotiate the laws, rules, and regulations, both to get into a country and to get themselves established and make their way in life in their new home, often know a lot more about the actual laws and regulations than the natural-born natives think they "know"!
Old Mar 6th 2019, 3:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Let me explain something. If you're a Canadian like I am .
Um.....Do you think you're the only Canadian on here?
Old Mar 6th 2019, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nairobi Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I'm the only Canadian on here or I'm even the best or smartest on here. Probably I'm the most obnoxious. But I do know I'm probably the only canadian immigration officer who's bang up to date on Canadian citizenship and Immigration law on here, thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 4:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I'm the only Canadian on here or I'm even the best or smartest on here. Probably I'm the most obnoxious. But I do know I'm probably the only canadian immigration officer who's bang up to date on Canadian citizenship and Immigration law on here, thanks.
You'd be wrong about being the only BE member who's a bang up to date Canadian Immigration Officer. You might be correct about the most obnoxious bit, haven't read enough of your posts to know.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, as above you're not the only CBSA/CIC immi officer on here, we have several. Whether you're the most obnoxious remains to be seen. Obnoxious just tend to get you shown the door fairly quickly, so perhaps try to emulate your fellow immi officers and help and advise instead?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 6th 2019 at 4:46 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought only US police were snafs!
Old Mar 6th 2019, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, as above you're not the only CBSA/CIC immi officer on here, we have several. Whether you're the most obnoxious remains to be seen. Obnoxious just tend to get you shown the door fairly quickly, so perhaps try to emulate your fellow immi officers and help and advise instead?
With his attitude I know which Canadian Immi Officer I'd be going to for advice..........