Calgary Ride-along

Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

billyboykent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary Ride-along

Hi,
My GF and i are both Serving Uk officers with Kent and have three years in.
we are hoping to move to Canada in the next couple years and are doing some research into Alberta.
We've booked a trip to Calgary in May 09 for just under two weeks. Think we land on 2nd for ten or so days(i'll have to check with the other half!)
We were hoping to go for a ride along one shift with a Calgary Patrol and maybe a look round a station.
If theres anyone who is in CPS and can accomodate we'de be eternally grateful.
If not, we wouldnt mind having a look at Edmonton as an alternative .
If anyone feels like taking us out, they can contact me on here

Cheers and hope to hear from someone!

Bill
Old Dec 6th 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Calgary Ride-along

Or does anyone know who i can contact to ttry and arrange this?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Bill - my husband works in the downtown core and I can volunteer him for you

Or what a lot of people do is go via their file manager - and when they come out for testing, the file manager hooks them up with someone for a ride-along.
But if you are only coming out for a recce and a bit of a look-see before submitting an application, then give us a shout or send a PM.

Not sure where other people on this forum work - I think kittykerr is district 4 (North East ish), and a few that are currently in training will have finished by May and may be able to help if you wanted to see a different area of the city.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Ann,
That would be fantastic ,thank you very much. Yeah it is just a recce at the moment, we just wana see how it all works over there and if we'd adapt to the changes well.
How long have you guys been over there?
I'll speak with my parnter and send you guys a PM shortly.
Thanks again for the help, its greatly appreciated.
Bill
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

No problem. Give us a shout on here, or send a PM if you want to know anything else. We've been here 18 months now
Old Dec 27th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Sent you a PM Ann.
Bill
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Finally replied
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

HAHA no worries matey. Just online looking at hotels+car rental for our trip and checking weather!! got a few trips planned. We cant wait!