Calgary Police Service

Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

g_conaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary Police Service

Ive recently submitted an application to CPS having only recently completed my probationary period in the UK. At present im trying to organise going over to Calgary to undergo testing. I get the impression that there are hundreds of UK applicants with only a few PNP places being offered.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It does seem like an awful long way to go for an interview if there are only a few places on offer.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Police Service

I believe there are currently nearly 150 UK officer applications in the system. There are 'technically' only about 28 places per year. But the timeline for processing is getting longer and longer (due to same amount of staff processing a huge increase of applications - mmm, sound familiar!) so it is unofficially an ongoing recruitment process. When they have enough people, I guess they'll slow down or stop. But that doesn't look like anytime soon.

If and when you are invited over to do the tests, I'd say go for it. It is not a cheap trip out - but you can make savings on cheaper airlines and accommodation (and I'd say you would need a hire car for at least some of your time so you can go out exploring). The only thing I, and many others, would suggest is make sure you are 'fit' to do the PARE. A huge amount of UK applicants fail this - the altitude and dry atmosphere do not help at all, but if you are fit, you will pass. It's a long way to come, to fail on that element which is within your control - rather than any other element that may not be so much !! Good luck !
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

g_conaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calgary Police Service

Ive been invitied over to Calgary for testing so it's just a case of trying to organise flights and accommodation at the moment. Thanks for your reply.