Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Calgary Police are now offering PNP

Calgary Police are now offering PNP

Old May 20th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

respecttradition is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary Police are now offering PNP

I am reliably informed that Calgary Police are now offering places on the Provincial Nominee Program. Apparently they have 25 places available for 2006 with more available for 2007!
Old May 20th 2006, 11:19 am
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice
Default Re: Calgary Police are now offering PNP

Originally Posted by respecttradition
I am reliably informed that Calgary Police are now offering places on the Provincial Nominee Program. Apparently they have 25 places available for 2006 with more available for 2007!
Can u explain what the PNP is please?
And how it effects UK officers.
Old May 20th 2006, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

respecttradition is an unknown quantity at this point

The Provincial nominee Program (PNP) is basically a fast tracked immigration so instead of it taking 3 to 4 years for immigration it takes 6 to 9 months.
Checkout the link www.alberta-canada.com/pnp/
Old May 20th 2006, 2:36 pm
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

can confirm that they are offering PNP places and are coming to UK for tests later this year.
Old May 20th 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickola
can confirm that they are offering PNP places and are coming to UK for tests later this year.
Nickola,
they are definitely offering PNP places, but I believe that testing will
be conducted in Calgary over a week or so.

Steve.
Old May 20th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Nickola,
they are definitely offering PNP places, but I believe that testing will
be conducted in Calgary over a week or so.

Steve.
Sorry misread your post, thought you were asking if they were coming to
the UK for testing
So, they are coming over later in the year. Will make things much easier
for those planning on having a go.

Steve
Old May 21st 2006, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know where or when they will be coming? Do you need to have an application already submitted? I have been looking at applying but was waiting until I got my PR which I should have in a few weeks.
Old May 24th 2006, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ijstewart
Does anyone know where or when they will be coming? Do you need to have an application already submitted? I have been looking at applying but was waiting until I got my PR which I should have in a few weeks.
Hi, im Darren ( other half of Tara 74), I am in regular contact with the recruiting dept. at Calgary. There is no definitive visit scheduled. They do intend on doing this, this has been on the bokks for the last few years!! dont hold your breath.

Edmonton police visited the NEC Birmingham 6 months ago promoting PNP, it maybe that now Calgary are offering PNP they may see it worthwhile to come to the UK to recruit.

Im going to Calgary in August to do my tests, if I hear anything will post it on the forum.

Darren
Old May 25th 2006, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

Have you submitted your application to the Calgary Police? I am about to apply to EPS and was considering the Calgary Police also. Do you know what is necessary to include with the initial application? I am planning to land in August/September (sooner if I can get time off work/flights) and was hoping to combine landing with doing some of the testing etc. any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Tara 74
Hi, im Darren ( other half of Tara 74), I am in regular contact with the recruiting dept. at Calgary. There is no definitive visit scheduled. They do intend on doing this, this has been on the bokks for the last few years!! dont hold your breath.

Edmonton police visited the NEC Birmingham 6 months ago promoting PNP, it maybe that now Calgary are offering PNP they may see it worthwhile to come to the UK to recruit.

Im going to Calgary in August to do my tests, if I hear anything will post it on the forum.

Darren
Old May 26th 2006, 4:15 pm
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

Both applications are very similar.
I think the over riding thing with both is to be truthful on the disclosure form.
Its the one thing that can end it all for you quite rapid.

Edmonton physical test looks challenging and is where a lot of people fall down so the advice Ive been given is start training.

If the UK police test was that hard we wouldnt have anyone on the streets.
Old May 27th 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

I totally agree with Nickola, you must be totally honest and up front with the disclosure form. I also think that good preperation is the key.

The CPS list the competencies that they are looking for on their application, so it is just a case of having evidence of situations you have been in, which use the required competencies.

As for the wrtten tests, I found that policeprep.com was a good site to subscribe to, where you can practise similar written tests. The site also gives advice on interview techniques etc.

I flew out to Calgary in March to complete the entrance tests and are due to start with the CPS in September. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a private message and I wil try to answer them. Please give me time to get back to you, as things are hectic at the moment with the big move etc.

Originally Posted by Nickola
Both applications are very similar.
I think the over riding thing with both is to be truthful on the disclosure form.
Its the one thing that can end it all for you quite rapid.

Edmonton physical test looks challenging and is where a lot of people fall down so the advice Ive been given is start training.

If the UK police test was that hard we wouldnt have anyone on the streets.