Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Calgary Police - Colour blind test

Calgary Police - Colour blind test

Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:23 am
Just Joined

StuartH1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Calgary Police - Colour blind test

Has anyone dipped the colour blindness test on the Vision Report application form and not made it in? It says you need 12/14 on the small print and I'm not great on colour blindness (ok I'm a Met Officer, so traffic lights are just about the limit?). has anyone got any thoughts or experiances to share on this? Be appreciated.
Stuart
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

MandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really nice
Default Re: Calgary Police - Colour blind test

Hi
I too failed the Ishihara, but CPS allow you to take the Farnsworth test. I found no opticians did it as it is an older style of colour test that many don't do. I had to get it done at Caledonian University, Glasgow, cost around £30.
It's a series of little tubs of paint mixed up, you have to move each one and line them up in order of tone/colour.
Just phone around to see who does the test. But bear in mind Uni's as they have a wide range of testing equiptment.
It was worth it as I've just been accepted.
Good luck.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

StuartH1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MandD, thanks for the reply. Do you know if they test you again once over there? I'm probably paranoid about it, but its the kind of small issue that I'm dreading that may cause problems. I've been looking out for this Farnsworth Test, but few people hereabouts have heard of it let alone do it! Well done for getting in though! Stuart
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

MandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really nice

Hi

I think as long as you have proof, not sure where you are, just ring round loads of optometrists,

There are website so you can look at the tests available, if you search Farnworth test,

there is no need to re-test.

Best of luck with the other test, if you want any other info you can pm me