Calgary Police

Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:14 pm
smf
Just Joined

smf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calgary Police

Hello,

Just wondering,like a previous posting,if anybody knew when the CPS selection panel for this month was sitting? Passed all the previous hurdles and the wait for this final one is killing me!

If anybody might know then please share it with me.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

smf,

From another forum, it would appear that the panel sat last week. I assume if you did not get a call, then you should be on the next one, whenever that is.
FYI, most people are not being told when the panel is, they are simply being called with the good or bad news after that panel.

Good luck,

Jay
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:13 pm
Tigerman

Location: West Yorkshire but busy packing for Calgary and flogging all my gear!!
Tigerman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jay and thanks for that. I have heard nothing but was told at the end of June that I was definitely going before the panel in July. Any thoughts....also has anybody heard (positive or negative) from this panel sitting. Like my previous friend it is killing us.............
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

People on another forum had phone calls on 18th July telling them that they had passed the panel, so I assume that it sat on 17th July.
They usually only run one panel a month, so it looks like you should be next month.
Don't take the dates they give you as definates, as I was moved from one panel to another as they needed to fill the month I was due on with more local people to fill up the classes for 07.
Its worth dropping your file manager an e-mail or give them a call. Sometimes a prompt does the trick.
FYI, the other forum mentioned is police dash forum dot com. Take a look.
Jay
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:22 am
smf
Just Joined

smf is an unknown quantity at this point

Jay/Tigerman

Thanks for the replies.I am getting a little worried now as I was told almost a fortnight ago that I had proceeded to the panel.I'm assuming that if successful you get a phone call,but if not then it's probably a letter/e-mail with the bad news!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:09 am
Calgary Police

Tickets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation in Calgary

An internal memo this past week - CPS has decided to compile a list of accommodations available for people coming over for (apparently) short or long term stays. A central registry is being kept and I'd say your best bet would be to check with your recruiting contact about how to avail yourself of the information. CPS employees are being encouraged to list any available accommodation they may have.

Tickets
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:44 am
Tigerman

Location: West Yorkshire but busy packing for Calgary and flogging all my gear!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I am now aware that my paperwork did not go before last months panel and is definitely going this month! I shall keep you updated and let you know if any news heads my way good or bad. If anybody has any "inside" information on the panel sitting date then they would be appreciated. Cheers Tigerman
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

blondevic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billsy
Just picked up the application and serious about having ago,i`m ex armed forces and currently three years into Merseyside Police .
The only thing is ,where to start i would be grateful if any one could give me the best cause of action ie were to go from here .
Do i contact Canada house ?
Do i send my application?
What are the house prices and best areas to live?
If i had my way i would jump with both feet first and probably sink.
Any advise or tips would be great.
Hi,
i too am in Merseyside Police and am thinking of applying for the CP. Just wondering where you are currently posted and if it could be benfical to maybe meet up at work and share worries and questions?
Not too good on these sites so apologies if this comes out wrong.
Been reading all the entries and have found the information really helpful, thanks everybody.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

chrisish is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in May for Calgary. I have been told my application has passed. I am now waiting for dates to travel out to Calgary to do all the testing. Has anybody got any inside imformation on possible dates when they are running testing?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

martintaylor1547 is an unknown quantity at this point

Chrisish,

they run most of the tests each week but the PARE is only twice a month on a wednesday, they normally like you to do the tests spread over 5 days with one part on each day I went out in July and flew on the thursday and did the test mon to fri and flew back on the saturday.

if you have a file manager then you need to get in touch with them direct if not its a bit of a waiting game til they call you, then its about negotiating the best time to suit you if you want any more info pm me and I will see how I can help.

i am just waiting to go before the panel for a final decision

cheers

Martin
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:00 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Hi

just a quick question - you applied in May - when did you find out you had passed the papersift? and how. Also sorry to ask but do you know who your file manager is?

We are waiting for Constable McFee to contact us re dates etc...

Thanks

Geraint & Dawn
Originally Posted by chrisish
I applied in May for Calgary. I have been told my application has passed. I am now waiting for dates to travel out to Calgary to do all the testing. Has anybody got any inside imformation on possible dates when they are running testing?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:28 pm
Tigerman

Lots of questions being banded about on here so I shall just add what happened to me from start to finish. I sat the APCAAT and CAAT testing in London last October. I passed and then applied about 1 month later. Successfull application and invited to the week testing during the beginning of this year. For this I put in approx 300 hours work with PDR, competencies, stellar interview examples, training for PARE etc. All went swimmingly and upon my return backgrounding was completed and successfull. I then finally passed the board and have a conditional job offer and am currently in the immigration process which should be completed early next year. ADVICE....put the hours in....train hard for PARE (I have ran 24 marathons and 8 olympic triathlons etc....its hard with the altitude)...stay away from coffee over there (blood pressure etc.)....dont lie and the polygraph is doable..why waste all that money just to bomb it....do your research including 1 or 2 trips over....if you want it bad enough then get started and make sure you have everything...exam results...first aid certificate....pnc check....If you only go at this half cock then you will bomb it! Enjoy the work as mine is going to be beginning all over again when I get there for training! Talk/ring recruiting...they are a great help to you. TIGERMAN
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Apologies I cant remember the exact wording of the e-mail I got from the CPS but I had asked how my application was progressing and when I might hear dates to fly to Calgary. The reply I got on 4th sept was that there had been no problems with my written application and I would be contacted by Const O'Neill. So hopefully not too long
Originally Posted by WelshDragonsWales
Hi

just a quick question - you applied in May - when did you find out you had passed the papersift? and how. Also sorry to ask but do you know who your file manager is?

We are waiting for Constable McFee to contact us re dates etc...

Thanks

Geraint & Dawn
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:27 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Hi

I may be wrong but i thought that O'Neill had left and McFee had taken over????
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

If he has it is since the 4th September

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.