Calgary Police

Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Calgary Police

just be careful as its a bit of a trek to training, which may have moved to the NE by the time you get over here!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Tony35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calgary Police

Paul,
is the training moving location? I thought it mostly took place in the city, apart from some things like firearms and driving? How are you enjoying it so far???
Originally Posted by Paul5455
just be careful as its a bit of a trek to training, which may have moved to the NE by the time you get over here!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

there is a new facility opening up in the NE (i think) which will do most if not all of the recruit training.
most of our training is done downtown at the moment. the firearms in NW and driving somewhere else NE i think. my geography isnt great at the minute by the way!
CPS is also opening up a new district (9)
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:42 pm

LFC1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can anyone clarify the starting pay for me. I have had to extend my contract offer which takes me to May 2010. I have been booked onto the Feb 1st course with a new offer of contract letter which states starting salary $75,000. Does this mean that the pay rise being spoken of doesn't apply or is it a clerical error? Just trying to sort out finances etc prior to our big move.
Many thanks
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

i think this year we got a 5.75% pay rise and then next year its 4.25% or something similar.
i would suggest dropping the receruitment an email? i assume you have jinxseng email?
also now is the time to keep your receipts as you can claim around $2000 back
fr everything! flights, hotels, food bills, car rental fuel etc!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:59 am

Thanks mate, how are you getting on with everything?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah it good. we are doing long 10 hour days this week as remembrance day is a stat holiday! so all of those working are getting triple time!
its completely different here in terms of arrest powers and search powers. most experienced officers find it frustrating as we had it quite good in the uk in terms of those parts!
also a lot of fitness. they push you very very hard so be prepared!
there has been a few times where we have had the trash can in the middle of our circuits for when someone pukes. not happened yet but it will!
how are your plans coming along?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:27 pm

Looking forward to the fitness then....
Just waiting to hear back about a rental in Cochrane at the moment, will have to rent ours here as market is dead. As soon as we hear then flights and packing i guess, oh and running!!!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok
whats your situation? u the mrs and dogs?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:25 pm

Il pm u mate
Old Nov 16th 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tony35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone experienced problems with getting notifications to go for medicals. My application has been in for 10 weeks now and still nothing. Is this normal. It's getting really frustrating.
Originally Posted by LFC1977
Il pm u mate
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:40 am

Hi Tony
it took about 14 weeks for the request to come for us. I think it depends on how inundated they are as to how quickly the process takes. Couple this with postal strikes and Christmas approaching...Hang in there mate and Im sure it wont be much longer. You could go onto the website and drop them an email as to what is happening, they normally reply quite quickly.
Good luck
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LFC1977
Sounds a nightmare mate!! I'll definitely take this on board.
As an aside, can anyone tell me what Airdrie is like as we never got to see the place when we were out, but have the opportunity of a rental (with dogs I hasten to add).
Airdrie is great, well placed for the airport and access to Highway 2 and only 5mins from the new huge outlet mall at Balzac. And my mate Bob lives there with his family so it must be nice. Check my PM.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Airdrie is great, well placed for the airport and access to Highway 2 and only 5mins from the new huge outlet mall at Balzac. And my mate Bob lives there with his family so it must be nice. Check my PM.
Twaddle!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
Twaddle!
Think I have to agree with you here!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.