Calgary Police

Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Police

Originally Posted by andy722
Why would anyone want to go back?
Seriously?

'Cos it's not Nirvana to everyone
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

andy722 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Seriously?

'Cos it's not Nirvana to everyone
The Metropolitan Police have been welcoming people back over the last few weeks, I haven't heard what payscale they were offering though, but you would have join the new pension scheme. The 35 years one.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:06 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

The Metropolitan Police have been welcoming people back over the last few weeks, I haven't heard what payscale they were offering though, but you would have join the new pension scheme. The 35 years one.
i have a friend who would be very interested to hear who exactly this was, where they have come from, and where they have gone to, as he has it in writing from the top bods at ACPO and the Met that persons currently residing abroad, whether they are ex police or not, ex uk residents or not, will not be accepted, no exceptions. to the degree that ACPO apparently will place monetary fines on forces breaching the 'guidelines'.
i think you will find these are officers on career breaks, its treated differently, if you have resigned then you are done as far as i can see. obviously best of luck if you have got away with working for another force elsewhere while on a career break, but i'm sure even the wooden tops in the met could check this out if they really wanted to.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:10 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone want to go back?
family.
friends.
certain aspects of UK life absent here.
schooling, never thought i would say this, but its not all its cracked up to be here as we are seeing as time goes on.
no career anymore.
cold.
more cold.
snow and ice for 9mths of the year.
canadians.
no culture.
tv.
radio.
loss of personal identity.
fears of retirement.
food.
no ability to travel outside of USA.
language barrier.
racism.
bigotry, stereotyping and ignorance on anything other than hockey and canadian film stars.

i could go on.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

snoopdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this apply to Scottish forces?? i.e ACPOS...I seriously hope not. You hit the nail on the head raemondo with reasons to go home...it's not a good feeling if indeed the escape plan of returning home (if required) is no longer an option.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:49 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by snoopdog
Does this apply to Scottish forces?? i.e ACPOS...I seriously hope not. You hit the nail on the head raemondo with reasons to go home...it's not a good feeling if indeed the escape plan of returning home (if required) is no longer an option.
quite, i think no longer having the option is slightly worse than the feeling of oh well thats it then.
i have no idea if it applies to the sweaties though sorry.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rae
family.
friends.
certain aspects of UK life absent here.
schooling, never thought i would say this, but its not all its cracked up to be here as we are seeing as time goes on.
no career anymore.
cold.
more cold.
snow and ice for 9mths of the year.
canadians.
no culture.
tv.
radio.
loss of personal identity.
fears of retirement.
food.
no ability to travel outside of USA.
language barrier.
racism.
bigotry, stereotyping and ignorance on anything other than hockey and canadian film stars.

i could go on.
I hear you mate. Everything you said and more!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rae
i have a friend who would be very interested to hear who exactly this was, where they have come from, and where they have gone to, as he has it in writing from the top bods at ACPO and the Met that persons currently residing abroad, whether they are ex police or not, ex uk residents or not, will not be accepted, no exceptions. to the degree that ACPO apparently will place monetary fines on forces breaching the 'guidelines'.
i think you will find these are officers on career breaks, its treated differently, if you have resigned then you are done as far as i can see. obviously best of luck if you have got away with working for another force elsewhere while on a career break, but i'm sure even the wooden tops in the met could check this out if they really wanted to.
Rae, when you get a chance give me a call 240-6914
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pompeydude
Hi all

Accepted by Calgary and going over in a few days with the family for a research trip. I will be dropping my PNP forms in at recruiting dept down town later this week.

question - correspondance from CPS indicates the various Alberta and Canadian Immigration forms to complete. I assume CPS stamp up the relevant part to confirm skilled worker nominee etc and then send to Edmonton who confirm to the applicant the status.

However - what forms do I sent to London? Same ones again? (IMM008 et el)
Good luck fellow Pompey bloke.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

snoopdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
quite, i think no longer having the option is slightly worse than the feeling of oh well thats it then.
i have no idea if it applies to the sweaties though sorry.
Ha!ha! If it doesn't apply i'll be sure to keep up the scots/english relations by emailing you upon my arrival home with a nice cold pint of lager in my grasp!

Stick in...I feel your pain
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:34 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by snoopdog
Ha!ha! If it doesn't apply i'll be sure to keep up the scots/english relations by emailing you upon my arrival home with a nice cold pint of lager in my grasp!

Stick in...I feel your pain
don't, what i would do for a pint of freezing cold kronenburg, but i have found a chippy that serves draft boddies if you sit in if you can believe it, not a bad pint either.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:19 am
Just Joined

commando 131 Sqn is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, first time on this site so any replies to my message would be greatly appreciated.

I am a British Police Officer in the Humberside Police Armed Response Unit with 14 years service. I am looking at travelling to Calgary sometime between Friday 22nd May and Tuesday 9th June to complete testing week with the view to joining the Calgary Police Service. Flights times/dates not confirmed as of yet. (APCAT/ACT Sat 30th May - Interview Tues 2nd June - Pare Wed 3rd June - Psychological test Thur 4th June - Polygraph Fri 5th June.)

Although married with a 4 year old son, I will be travelling alone on this occasion. Could anyone give me some advice on cheap flights/accomodation ie-: B&B, Hotel and car rental etc. I'm not to fussy on accomodation because I only need a roof over my head as I will be out mostly researching the place, so cheap and ceerful would be good.
Or, if anyone would like to put up a nice, clean and very tidy guest for a short period whilst I'm visiting that would be great, and I promise to bring you something in my suitcase from home you may be missing - Well, if you don't ask !!!

Also, if anyone can give me any advice on the tests or web sites to check out in order to practice tests etc, this again would be helpful.

I eagerly await your replies - Cheers Dean
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

teenwolfofqmrc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commando 131 Sqn
Hi everyone, first time on this site so any replies to my message would be greatly appreciated.

I am a British Police Officer in the Humberside Police Armed Response Unit with 14 years service. I am looking at travelling to Calgary sometime between Friday 22nd May and Tuesday 9th June to complete testing week with the view to joining the Calgary Police Service. Flights times/dates not confirmed as of yet. (APCAT/ACT Sat 30th May - Interview Tues 2nd June - Pare Wed 3rd June - Psychological test Thur 4th June - Polygraph Fri 5th June.)

Although married with a 4 year old son, I will be travelling alone on this occasion. Could anyone give me some advice on cheap flights/accomodation ie-: B&B, Hotel and car rental etc. I'm not to fussy on accomodation because I only need a roof over my head as I will be out mostly researching the place, so cheap and ceerful would be good.
Or, if anyone would like to put up a nice, clean and very tidy guest for a short period whilst I'm visiting that would be great, and I promise to bring you something in my suitcase from home you may be missing - Well, if you don't ask !!!

Also, if anyone can give me any advice on the tests or web sites to check out in order to practice tests etc, this again would be helpful.

I eagerly await your replies - Cheers Dean
if you speak to your line manager they can put you in contact with b and b's and also with police officers who lt out their basements/spare rooms
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

teenwolfofqmrc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lewis james
if you speak to your line manager they can put you in contact with b and b's and also with police officers who lt out their basements/spare rooms
ba and thomas cook fly direct from london, not sure about humberside
when at calgary you can get the tram straight into downtown for 2.50 c-dollars or a cab for approx 20.
use budget for car hire, right next to the downtown pol stat. and they offer discounts if you book via your line manager
def go to banff, it will make your mind up for you. if you do stay there try and stay at a place downtown or on the tram route, will make commuting really easy.

test are not hard, just purchase the canadian police recruitment booklet with example questions for alberta. Pare test is again not hard if you have a general standard level of fitness, remember though that Calgary is approx 1000ft above sea level so try to go to the gym a couple of times and do pulse training to acclimatise (short quick bursts on the rowing machine and running machine should do) also technique is important, i saw a guy do the test and he seemed to pass all but because he did not pull the weight over the mark he failed, the instructors talk you through the test so just listen and do as they say. Get a good sleep before polygraph and make sure you have got all things out in the open before hand regardless how minor, because they will ask.

Last edited by teenwolfofqmrc; Apr 3rd 2009 at 10:49 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Riaan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lewis james
ba and thomas cook fly direct from london, not sure about humberside
when at calgary you can get the tram straight into downtown for 2.50 c-dollars or a cab for approx 20.
use budget for car hire, right next to the downtown pol stat. and they offer discounts if you book via your line manager
def go to banff, it will make your mind up for you. if you do stay there try and stay at a place downtown or on the tram route, will make commuting really easy.

test are not hard, just purchase the canadian police recruitment booklet with example questions for alberta. Pare test is again not hard if you have a general standard level of fitness, remember though that Calgary is approx 1000ft above sea level so try to go to the gym a couple of times and do pulse training to acclimatise (short quick bursts on the rowing machine and running machine should do) also technique is important, i saw a guy do the test and he seemed to pass all but because he did not pull the weight over the mark he failed, the instructors talk you through the test so just listen and do as they say. Get a good sleep before polygraph and make sure you have got all things out in the open before hand regardless how minor, because they will ask.
The altitude of Calgary airport is 1139 metres or 3740 feet above sea level!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.