Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Bermuda Police, is it Old Boys Club?

Bermuda Police, is it Old Boys Club?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough
Default Bermuda Police, is it Old Boys Club?

Hello a German police officer I have worked with on some cases informs me from a visit he made to Bermuda for work related reasons, that the Police there are like an "old Boys Club" and it very much depends who you know and such in order to get on.
He said the rank and hierarchy is even more strictly defined and that there is little mixing between the lower and higher ranks at all.

It sounds something like the army officer class system.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

ExMetCop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bermuda Police, is it Old Boys Club?

Originally Posted by guyfawkes
Hello a German police officer I have worked with on some cases informs me from a visit he made to Bermuda for work related reasons, that the Police there are like an "old Boys Club" and it very much depends who you know and such in order to get on.
He said the rank and hierarchy is even more strictly defined and that there is little mixing between the lower and higher ranks at all.

It sounds something like the army officer class system.
From reading previous posts on this forum I have come to the same conclusion.