Edmonton Police Update

Old Feb 25th 2015, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future
Default Edmonton Police Update

Hi all,

I thought I would start a new thread, as my message may get lost in amongst the old threads.

I can only speak for the Edmonton Police Service, who have decided for a number of reasons not to go ahead with International Recruitment at this time.

The reasons are complex and relate to the current economic climate here in Canada, the Provincial Nominee program being too long in their visa processing times as well as the new Express Entry Visa program, not solely based on a job offer.

We will still be accepting applications from those who are already Canadian Citizens or hold PR status.

If and when the decision changes, then I will of course post again on this forum.

I apologise for being the bearer of bad news, but I wanted to give you the best information I could.

Kind Regards

Nige1521
Old Feb 26th 2015, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Edmonton Police Update

Thanks for your efforts Nige! One day...
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

bluesntwos is an unknown quantity at this point

Your efforts are appreciated Nige
Old Aug 29th 2015, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

foregonereality is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Nige. Thanks a million for your help and feedback in relation to international recruitment.

I've been looking at the Express Entry program and it appears that I'm eligible for it - which is always good. Is it a simple case that if you reach the required minimum 'points' you'll be offered a permanent visa? It seems too good to be true - I'm sure there are tons of terms and conditions.

How is recruitment going in Edmonton PD in general? Are people liking the idea of joining the police?
Old Aug 29th 2015, 9:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

For visa related questions, you'd be best off asking in the Canada immigration section of the forum, but yes it is as simple as that! If you meet all of the criteria for whichever visa route you're applying under (i.e. assuming it's FSW, you score over 67, have skilled work experience, enough funds etc) then you can apply to enter the pool.

Once you're in the pool, if you score enough (above approx 450 on the CRS), then you'll be invited to apply for PR. No job offer required. :-)

HTH.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

foregonereality is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that!

I've made a post in the Express Entry topic on the immigration board.

I'm 438 points according the various calculators. I'm going to see if I may be considered for a PNP though given my police background and never having worked in Canada I don't think I'll have much luck.

Last edited by foregonereality; Aug 29th 2015 at 9:30 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

438 is possible! You might have to wait a while but I'd say you're in with a chance with that.

Best of luck.