Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

A, B, C, D assessment help

A, B, C, D assessment help

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A, B, C, D assessment help

Originally Posted by bagdog
DVLA requested and on the way, Medical tomorrow at the docs, got it for just under £120, which is reasonable I thought, if you look how much medicare and dentists costs in Oz we better get used to paying for docs !

Equifax and Police still to do.

Do we have it confirmed what HB said about scanned emailed copies which are verified are accepted ? and who are people getting to certify them ?
Yes it's a definite ok to certify, scan and email them back to Sue and Amy. I had confirmation of this from Sue this morning but the P58 MUST come the doctors. There is NO NEED to then send the originals in the post.

I'm getting my inspector to certify them.

Hope this confirms HB's post and helps one and all.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one Dazza
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Right major prob, my doc can do the medical and bloods, but the urine has proven a massive issue for them. They now state it will cost extra (not bothered about that) but they have to send it off to a lab in Brum, meaning a possible delay. How is everyone getting on with the medical and what's the quickest way of getting it sorted. Really annoyed at my docs as wasted a day now and it could be pushing the time limit back !!!
Baggy
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Our doctors have to send off urine test as well and they not sure how long it will take. I am sure if its not back they will let us send them in later if we email and explain. Surely it won't take 2 weeks to come back at least I hope not.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my police certificate back today they only received my request on Friday, the DVLA and Equifax stuff all done and ready to email in the morning. Got medical Friday so all being well should all be sorted by mid next week. Whoop whoop
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Browner2324 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well apologies in advance for the rant but....bloody doctors surgery!!!!

15 minutes late getting me in for the medical, then the dr told me he has never done a medical before?!
He then tells me he can't do the lung function and I have to re-book with the nurse in a weeks time ??

10 minutes later I'm being shoved out the door and with a sample pot to fill which had a crack in so when I tightened it the sample ended up across my hands!!!!!

Not a great day and not worth £140
Rant over....bring on Medicare I say
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Well medical done. Urine test sent off they even testing for alcohol. Just waiting till other stuff comes back before sending off. Just hope the urine test doesn't take ages to come back.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Browner I feel your pain.
I was 20 mins waiting to finally to be allowed to see the Doc, she started to go through the sheet and then tells me that she can't do the urine test.
Basically because it's not a standard test, and WAPOL are wanting the full screen for most known illegal substances, they flat refused to test the urine. I'm not even taking the pi..
So I left the surgery without completing the medical.
I came home a little annoyed let's say, and started to ring around.
There's a couple of Nuffield Health private hospitals rang me, and for £150 they will do the urine and bloods and have them at the Docs within 5 days.
Result.
Now to negotiate with the Docs over the medical fee, as I am doing 90% of the work with another hospital, and don't think their fee of £120 is reasonable for filling in a form !

Rant over
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:22 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that the GPs are not really reading the forms that are being given to them to complete, and picking a figure out of the air as to what it costs to fill it in.
Hope everyone gets it all sorted. Bagdog, I hope you manage to negotiate, they are taking the pi.. if they think they can get away with charging you for doing not a lot.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

It's ******* extortion that's what it is. Mine wanted £150 to do it, extra £50 for the lung test and wouldn't do the drugs.

Heh, we're all cops and used to dynamic decision making but its pissing me off no end the trouble we're having with our Dr's.

HB
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:38 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

As usual, the NHS is being shown up by the private sector. I cannot believe your Dr wanted £50 for the lung test Harry. FFS, £50 to blow into a tube and write the readings down?!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there definately a part on the form asking for alcohol testing? I realise it was on the example sheet, what will it show? It's not a crime to have alcohol in your system.my doc asked drugs worker to test my urine there and then and she wrote it out and doctor signed it all to verify it.going back Tuesday to see nurse for lung function.i asked drugs lady about alcohol.she said it's a blood test.my doctor didn't mention it at all
Got dvla and equifax.did you say it's front sheet and bit about court they want? ill get colleague with stamp to verify, used him for other stuff x
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Just checked, i cant see a bit asking for alcohol.just says drugs analysis through urine.asks for protein, sugar, blood.as in any blood in urine.bio chemical part not applicable x
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adix2011
Just checked, i cant see a bit asking for alcohol.just says drugs analysis through urine.asks for protein, sugar, blood.as in any blood in urine.bio chemical part not applicable x
Adix.... get someone in custard to do an intox procedure on u...... job done and its freeeeee!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

And give the sheet to the doctor to send off with other stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.