Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

A, B, C, D assessment help

A, B, C, D assessment help

Old Oct 25th 2013, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: A, B, C, D assessment help

Police clearance popped through the door today. Get them scanned and certified tonight at work then that only leaves medical on Tuesday and I'm good to go.

On another note how much of a rip off is the Police Clearance? £45 for a No Trace PNC check. Incredible.

HB
Old Oct 25th 2013, 1:40 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing Harry that they can justify £45 for that! Talk about a rip off. Surely it's no more than the DVLA do for their £5?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent it premium thinking we needed it back to post to oz.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

jim_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

me and my gp are not friends... fact! i am going to bring handcuffs and a van for him when i get my medical done on Monday. £180 what a joke. that's not even including the drug test!!
i'm going to talk to the drugs worker in custody to see if she can help... failing that im telling work i have a drug problem to get a free negative test.....or is that not a good idea??
Old Oct 25th 2013, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jim_1
me and my gp are not friends... fact! i am going to bring handcuffs and a van for him when i get my medical done on Monday. £180 what a joke. that's not even including the drug test!!
i'm going to talk to the drugs worker in custody to see if she can help... failing that im telling work i have a drug problem to get a free negative test.....or is that not a good idea??
I approached one of the doctors who come into custody. He has completed my medical and tested my urine using a kit I got off the internet. He has then signed a form which I created confirming the drug results were negative.
Costs....
£10 for the drugs kit
£20 for the doctor doing it (he didn't even want this).

What he has done for me is no different to what other doctors have done for other people except they are paying up to £250!!!
Old Oct 25th 2013, 4:55 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Deadly, I think it's really bad that there has not been any consistency with any of the GPs in cometing these tests for us. I know I paid £190 for my tests, privately, but seeing the problems others have had, I'm pleased I did. At least I knew what I was getting and how much it would cost, and more importantly, that they could actually do it for me.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Deadly, I think it's really bad that there has not been any consistency with any of the GPs in cometing these tests for us. I know I paid £190 for my tests, privately, but seeing the problems others have had, I'm pleased I did. At least I knew what I was getting and how much it would cost, and more importantly, that they could actually do it for me.
I totally agree. My local gp was a nightmare and would have caused me no end of grief and money. I'm just lucky the doctor from custody could do it and his surgery was local to me. We are all being tested in the same way and as such should be treated in the same way.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Sponger79 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those who have done the medical. Do they test for cholesterol?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 7:14 pm
Living the dream in WA

I don't know what they tested the urine for, but possibly cholesterol, although I think it's usually done from blood. If so, then no bloods were taken Sponger.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

Can anyone that has ordered the drug testing kits on line tell me what site and what kit they ordered. Don't want to order the wrong one. Found a kit that tests for the 10 most common for £8.99 from drug testing uk. Does this sound about right?

Last edited by OzPCwannaB; Oct 26th 2013 at 6:07 pm. Reason: Spelling!
Old Oct 26th 2013, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzPCwannaB
Can anyone that has ordered the drug testing kits on line tell me what site and what kit they ordered. Don't want to order the wrong one. Found a kit that tests for the 10 most common for £8.99 from drug testing uk. Does this sound about right?
That is the one I got.... Think it was just over a tenner with postage?? Really simple for the doc to do and I just typed up a letter, he certified it was a negative result, signed and stamped it.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Certified copies of Police Clearance, Driver record and Bankruptcy emailed. Medical on Tuesday so will get Occ. Health to scan and email results there and then.

All good so far. Now for night shift in the pissing rain.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Certified copies of Police Clearance, Driver record and Bankruptcy emailed. Medical on Tuesday so will get Occ. Health to scan and email results there and then.

All good so far. Now for night shift in the pissing rain.
Are you sending everything together or are you sending them as you get them?
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deadlyminimee
That is the one I got.... Think it was just over a tenner with postage?? Really simple for the doc to do and I just typed up a letter, he certified it was a negative result, signed and stamped it.
Thank you. Il order that. Hopefully it won't take long to arrive
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Did you all get a deadline date on your email to return everything to them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.