Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

A, B, C, D assessment help

A, B, C, D assessment help

Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:13 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute
Default A, B, C, D assessment help

For those that have been successful, we now have to complete the medical and get all the forms sorted and back to WAPol. This subject has been covered on another forum, but some of those on here may not be on that forum so thought it'd be a good idea to start one on this forum to help us on the way.

With the exception of the medical form, most of it seems straight forward

I emailed the address supplied for DVLA and had a reply very quickly, with a form attached to complete and return, along with a phone number to ring and pay the £5 fee.

For those looking to get the medical AND drugs/alcohol urine tests done, I've been given details of a company, below, that can help. I'll be using them when I get round to booking an appointment, but having spoken to Jane at Maidstone today, she is aware of the tests required and has done them before. Their charges are £80 plus VAT for the P58 medical, and £80 plus VAT for the D&A urine testing. A lot cheaper than some others have been quoted. They are based in Maidstone, Kent but have clinics mainly around the south east, and one in Coventry. Will be ok for some, but not all I know.

www.phcohealth.com

I'm sure there are things I've missed. I've been at work since 6am, and not sure when I'm going home yet, so not really had chance to have a good look through everything, and will probably be back asking questions myself.

If anyone has any advice I'm sure it'd be greatly received.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Aussie2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A, B, C, D assessment help

Cheers for setting up this thread Greg. I don't suppose anyone knows any companies that are offering these services in the northwest area, as my G.P surgery can't fit me in until the 4th of November, which is bit to close to the deadline for the reply back for my liking.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Just a quick one on the medical, does anyone know what the 'REG:' stands for on the 2nd page of the medical form, in the 'Personal Details/Service History section. It is probably something simple, but for the life of me i can't think what it stands for other than maybe your NHS number or something similar? Anyone able to shed any light on it for me please? Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've managed to get in to my gp and he wants £100 for it.hoping he knows what this includes, information mentioned the urine test on phone.I have emailed sue O'connor as I'm confused about the eye sight part, didn't we already do this?I went to optician for this.do we pay again and get them to share results with Dr.I might not have read it properly though, only looked on phone as been at work since found out
Credit report seems easy too.get it free for 30 days, you print it off then cancel.is that too easy ha
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Adix2011
I've managed to get in to my gp and he wants £100 for it.hoping he knows what this includes, information mentioned the urine test on phone.I have emailed sue O'connor as I'm confused about the eye sight part, didn't we already do this?I went to optician for this.do we pay again and get them to share results with Dr.I might not have read it properly though, only looked on phone as been at work since found out
Credit report seems easy too.get it free for 30 days, you print it off then cancel.is that too easy ha
I was wondering this as well, in regards to having to do the eye test again. I'm just presuming the GP will do it, but not as thorough as the examination you would down with the opticians previously. Does seem odd they want that information again though.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aussie2013
I was wondering this as well, in regards to having to do the eye test again. I'm just presuming the GP will do it, but not as thorough as the examination you would down with the opticians previously. Does seem odd they want that information again though.
I hope he can sort it all in the 30 minutes appointment ha.hope the results don't take too long as welldfor the drug test as they all need to be sent to Australia.ill be using the courier again I think.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

iconn80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I called my GP, they do the medicals but when I asked if they do the urine test for alcohol and drugs they said no.... So I might look elsewhere. Quoted £150 by surgery
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Mine wanted £150 and £ 50 for the Lung test. I still had to arrange the drug test. I phoned Occ Health and they have agreed to do it as she thinks its appalling my Dr wouldn't do it.

I am apoplectic that my own Dr wanted to charge me for that.
HB
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Phantasm139 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gregster10217
For those that have been successful, we now have to complete the medical and get all the forms sorted and back to WAPol. This subject has been covered on another forum, but some of those on here may not be on that forum so thought it'd be a good idea to start one on this forum to help us on the way.

With the exception of the medical form, most of it seems straight forward

I emailed the address supplied for DVLA and had a reply very quickly, with a form attached to complete and return, along with a phone number to ring and pay the £5 fee.

For those looking to get the medical AND drugs/alcohol urine tests done, I've been given details of a company, below, that can help. I'll be using them when I get round to booking an appointment, but having spoken to Jane at Maidstone today, she is aware of the tests required and has done them before. Their charges are £80 plus VAT for the P58 medical, and £80 plus VAT for the D&A urine testing. A lot cheaper than some others have been quoted. They are based in Maidstone, Kent but have clinics mainly around the south east, and one in Coventry. Will be ok for some, but not all I know.

www.phcohealth.com

I'm sure there are things I've missed. I've been at work since 6am, and not sure when I'm going home yet, so not really had chance to have a good look through everything, and will probably be back asking questions myself.

If anyone has any advice I'm sure it'd be greatly received.

Cheers gregster all booked up. Cheapest around by far.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:13 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

A pleasure phantasm.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Wowsers there are some money making GP's in the UK. My doc has agreed to do my medical and the drug urinalysis (sent away to a lab, no t'interweb pee in a pot cheapy) free of charge.... Yes free of charge!!!

No baked beans on toast for us, this weekend!!!
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:28 pm
Living the dream in WA

Originally Posted by Maddjose
Wowsers there are some money making GP's in the UK. My doc has agreed to do my medical and the drug urinalysis (sent away to a lab, no t'interweb pee in a pot cheapy) free of charge.... Yes free of charge!!!

That's bloody brilliant. Mine charged just to sign the form we had to take to the physical!! No way they'd do this for free, money grabbing b*****ds!!

I'd rather pay a private company than put money into my GPs pocket, that we already effectively pay for!!!
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddjose

look into the money-making system that is the Aussie public health scheme. I was talking to my Aus GP last week, she was horrified that we don't have to pay per visit in the UK and actually asked me "How do GPs make money then, they would never be able to retire rich! "
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:23 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
look into the money-making system that is the Aussie public health scheme. I was talking to my Aus GP last week, she was horrified that we don't have to pay per visit in the UK and actually asked me "How do GPs make money then, they would never be able to retire rich! "
It's been on the news today that the cost of GP visits are going up, with no change to the medicare funding
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It's been on the news today that the cost of GP visits are going up, with no change to the medicare funding
Its a very different mindset, I was describing the fact that in the UK you don't have to think before you visit a GP, you just go. Whereas in Aus I've had times when I haven't gone cos I couldn't afford the visit plus the drugs. She keeps saying "come back next week" and I'm pointing out that even after medicare its $36 a week for me for a two minute visit where she just says "ok, come back next week". I'm sure there are a lot of families where medical care is sadly lacking because they can't pay, or cos the parents have used the money esewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.