Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of any UK officers wanted for recruitment in the U.S?

Anyone know of any UK officers wanted for recruitment in the U.S?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

swoopy91 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone know of any UK officers wanted for recruitment in the U.S?

I am currently on a career break from the UK working in the RCIP (Cayman Islands), our time here will be up shortly and to be honest the idea of returning to policing in the UK doesn't appeal at all! Australia & NZ are just too far from family and the wife has ruled out Canada for been "to cold." Doesn't leave too many choices other than the U.S Anyone out there know of any police agencies recruiting UK officers in the US at the moment?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

source is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know of any UK officers wanted for recruitment in the U.S?

The US won't recruit UK officers
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by source
The US won't recruit UK officers
They may be able to if US immigration laws change to a point system in the future though.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:46 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by swoopy91
I am currently on a career break from the UK working in the RCIP (Cayman Islands), our time here will be up shortly and to be honest the idea of returning to policing in the UK doesn't appeal at all! Australia & NZ are just too far from family and the wife has ruled out Canada for been "to cold." Doesn't leave too many choices other than the U.S Anyone out there know of any police agencies recruiting UK officers in the US at the moment?
Mate, i think your only options are Bermuda (but same immigration issues as Cayman if you are thinking long term,) South Australia, West Australia, New Zealand, Calgary, and Edmonton. I think there are some other opportunities out there in places like Gibralter, but not sure what the score is with them. If you want any info re oz just PM me.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:49 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baz
Mate, i think your only options are Bermuda (but same immigration issues as Cayman if you are thinking long term,) South Australia, West Australia, New Zealand, Calgary, and Edmonton. I think there are some other opportunities out there in places like Gibralter, but not sure what the score is with them. If you want any info re oz just PM me.
how about other Caribbean islands, Barbados, St Lucia, Jamaica (they'll keep you busy) BVI's, Antigua etc etc
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:59 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by islandmom
how about other Caribbean islands, Barbados, St Lucia, Jamaica (they'll keep you busy) BVI's, Antigua etc etc

I think the only jobs you would get on the islands you mentioned would be senior officer type roles which would be advertised in the UK police magazine (forgot its name.)
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Baz
I think the only jobs you would get on the islands you mentioned would be senior officer type roles which would be advertised in the UK police magazine (forgot its name.)
Police Review
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:01 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah its always - 35 here , 12 months of the year its really grim I dont know how I survive every day. Never sunny, snows in August, I mean god knows why hundreds of Brits emmigrate to Canada every year.

We all must be nutters loving it here cos its just so damn cold

mrs minihaha
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minihaha
Yeah its always - 35 here , 12 months of the year its really grim I dont know how I survive every day. Never sunny, snows in August, I mean god knows why hundreds of Brits emmigrate to Canada every year.

We all must be nutters loving it here cos its just so damn cold

mrs minihaha
Yeah but I love it...they dont know what they're missing eh? Oh and thanks for the good luck message MH..
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Yeah but I love it...they dont know what they're missing eh? Oh and thanks for the good luck message MH..

We love it and it isnt bloody cold, not always. I can't wait for the +35 in July.

I wonder if the op's wife has visited every province in Canada to get the opinion of its too cold.

I would rather have the - 20 dry cold of Southern Alberta than the -5 of wet cold of the UK anyday.The sun is always out here and life goes on.

mrs minihaha
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:45 am
Just Joined

swoopy91 is on a distinguished road

35+ in July?? The sites i have looked at give average of 15 degrees C as hottest it gets or do you mean degrees F?. Thats still bl@@dy cold especially when you've been living in the Carib for a few years
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:50 pm

35+ in July?? The sites i have looked at give average of 15 degrees C as hottest it gets or do you mean degrees F?. Thats still bl@@dy cold especially when you've been living in the Carib for a few years

Hi Swoopy.

They take the average from when they started recording the weather, cant remember now how long ago that was.
Last summer was July + 35 c and August was +36 c, really was a lovely long hot summer.
I d hate for you to miss out on the opportunities here just because the weather network gives you the idea its always cold here.

It honestly isnt, I would not be here if it was.

Can you make it over for a recce and see for yourselves.We are in Lethbridge Southern Alberta hubby works in Calgary for the CPS.

Many other Canadian forces are recruiting too. I doubt if anywhere else will match up to the Cayman weather you have got used to but its as good as.

Or do you really fancy marching around London on your days off in the wet and wind of the UK.
Brr just the thought makes me shiver.

Good luck with what you decide

mrs minihaha
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

We love it and it isnt bloody cold, not always. I can't wait for the +35 in July.

I wonder if the op's wife has visited every province in Canada to get the opinion of its too cold.

I would rather have the - 20 dry cold of Southern Alberta than the -5 of wet cold of the UK anyday.The sun is always out here and life goes on.

mrs minihaha
Spot on..and I want to pop down to Lethbridge at some point..will you have the kettle on??
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Spot on..and I want to pop down to Lethbridge at some point..will you have the kettle on??

Kettle's on. But dont be bringing any of them - 30 s with ya or any of that white stuff thank you.

Oh and its a 5 hr pop down lol.

mrs minihaha
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Kettle's on. But dont be bringing any of them - 30 s with ya or any of that white stuff thank you.

Oh and its a 5 hr pop down lol.

mrs minihaha
I will save up for the gas and pop down sometime in the summer if thats ok..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.