WAPOL 2015 Waiting Room

Old Aug 27th 2014, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WAPOL 2015 Waiting Room

Anyone on here milling about waiting for the next round of international recruitment over at WAPOL? I was unfortunately unable to apply in the last campaign, but now I'm itching for that chance to move. Emailed WAPOL and they said they have no 'firm plans' to recruit internationally yet, but reading between the lines this may just mean that they haven't firmed up the dates yet etc.

Wonder if any of our newly-Antipodean colleagues who have already made the move could enlighten us as to what the 'word on the street' is reference future recruitment.

I'm definitely in the 'waiting room' and can't wait to get out!
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

glwthom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL 2015 Waiting Room

Hi,
I have just found this forum after looking for a while.
I'm surprised you have not yet had any replies. We are also in the 2015 waiting room! Not heard or seen any update yet but I see they are recruiting standard recruits so hopefully international will open soon!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glwthom
Hi,
I have just found this forum after looking for a while.
I'm surprised you have not yet had any replies. We are also in the 2015 waiting room! Not heard or seen any update yet but I see they are recruiting standard recruits so hopefully international will open soon!
Going by previous years, if there was a sniff of an update it would be all across the forum, as WAPOL are always popular. Keep checking back regularly and I'm sure if and when they open up internationally it will be broadcast on here with bells and whistles
Old Feb 19th 2015, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Going by previous years, if there was a sniff of an update it would be all across the forum, as WAPOL are always popular. Keep checking back regularly and I'm sure if and when they open up internationally it will be broadcast on here with bells and whistles
Did some digging,nothing at the minute something was on the horizon, but it has been put on the back burner for a number of reasons. Also with the slow down in the mining in WA no shortage of local applicants- which is always unpredictable when times appear to be tough. As Pollyana says- if it happens it will be all over these threads, keep checking in that is the best you will get at the minute- any sniff and it will be updated..
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Beth33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no was hoping for a march campaign
Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:15 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that from previous years, the response from WAPOL to enquiries was 'we currently have no plans..........' And within a few weeks/months, recruitment opened up again.
Keep checking the step forward website, and on here as someone will find out and broadcast it.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 12:47 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

They are short of boots on the ground and while at the academy every one banged on about what a success, and life saver for WAPol, Trannies are. I'd be very surprised if they don't do any more International recruitment.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Beth33 is an unknown quantity at this point

But will they cap it again at ten years and rule lots of us out
Old Mar 19th 2015, 1:14 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult to say Beth. The year I applied, it was 7 years, and then all of a sudden, the limit disappeared, meaning all lengths of service could apply. I think it depends on the level of interest they have to the recruitment.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

markh84 is an unknown quantity at this point

New to this site so just getting involved in some different threads!

I guess I'm in a lucky position that I can get my PR through my wifes visa application as she is a nurse.

Been told I would have all the benefits of transferring my Police Scotland service over to them.... If successful!

Still though, would be nice to have a job to go to rather than having to wait and apply once my visa was accepted!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe next year