Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

any former UK officers serving in RCMP?

any former UK officers serving in RCMP?

Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:23 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any former UK officers serving in RCMP?

Originally Posted by rae
and you always seem quick to intimate things, like using the word 'reckon'. last time this came up i shared my experience and you made it quite clear you did not believe me. this is my name its not hard to find out, malc does not mind as he finds your position odd too. if i'm antagonistic its because i am pointing out where you are wrong and you don't like it, not my issue.
He's worked in e div as he? Not sure i ever said i don't believe you, may have said I found it hard to believe (in reference to the k div mbrs being forced out of province if i recall rightly) given my 11 plus years with the force. The RCMP is run very differently from province to province and malc ought to know that. Why would I lie? I've been 11 years in one posting which was my first choice. I can stay here for my entire career if I want, there is absolutely no way I would be sent up north or god knows whereto live in a igloo eating whale blubber . My old boss spent 27 years in Burnaby.

As for your antagonism, seeing how you react to other poster on here, i am surprised and more than a little embarrassed that you are a copper - you should know better. We all have our moments, but with you its a pass-time.

The irony is, that you have read too much into the word reckon. I accept that there appears to be issues with transfers in K Div, hope that makes you feel better.

I;ll say it again, I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHAT IS DONE IN ALB, IN METRO VANCOUVER THERE ARE NO, REPEAT NO FORCED HARDSHIP TRANSFERS. To believe that any employer in this day and age would up-root a family, force the sale of a home, and send them thousands of miles away (at the tax payers expense), without a second thought is very naive.

Last edited by dboy; Feb 13th 2010 at 4:57 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 12:50 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
As for your antagonism, seeing how you react to other poster on here, i am surprised and more than a little embarrassed that you are a copper -e.
Grief you don't think much of yourself do you. Glass houses springs to mind as you are the one making petty barbed remarks such as your last post and the one above. Like I said not my fault you can't admit it when you are wrong.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

When reading posts I always know when Rae will suddenly pop up with his words of wisdom. I would love to meet you in real life Rae because you sound like such a nice guy, no really I have worked with officers like you on a busy Friday and Saturday night(Anti Specials) and I have to say there faces don't last all that long, so either you are a different person when away from this site, and lets face it not very often it seems, or we seem to misunderstand you.

Do you get much time to go on the beat as you seem to always be here, and yes we also seem to got off on the wrong foot, that seems to happen alot with you doesnt it?

Can we all be in the wrong?

I like to think I am a good guy who would get on with anyone, I keep telling myself in person meeting you would be no problem as maybe you don't mean to come across on here as you do and its not translating all that well.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:42 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
When reading posts I always know when Rae will suddenly pop up with his words of wisdom. I would love to meet you in real life Rae because you sound like such a nice guy, no really I have worked with officers like you on a busy Friday and Saturday night(Anti Specials) and I have to say there faces don't last all that long, so either you are a different person when away from this site, and lets face it not very often it seems, or we seem to misunderstand you.

Do you get much time to go on the beat as you seem to always be here, and yes we also seem to got off on the wrong foot, that seems to happen alot with you doesnt it?

Can we all be in the wrong?

I like to think I am a good guy who would get on with anyone, I keep telling myself in person meeting you would be no problem as maybe you don't mean to come across on here as you do and its not translating all that well.

please quote me where i say i am anti specials.
please tell me why i should be interested in your opinion of me
please tell me why i should justify the amount of time i may or may not spend on here to you
please tell me why after 10yrs working the beat in manchester, doing far more fri/sat nights than you will ever i should imagine, should i be interested in your take on this
and finally please tell me what the point of this post is as i find it rather ironic that it seems to be for no other reason to have a dig at me having a dig at other people.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Wannabe,

I have to side with Rae on this one. I cannot see the point of your post, other than to provoke a reaction, when it wasn't needed!

I have nearly 14 years UK police service and teach new officers on the street, after they complete the classroom based part of probation. If I was your prospective tutor, I would have concerns as to the reasons why you wish to provoke a reaction. If you can do it in this manner, then would you do the same on the street. The warning bells would be ringing in my years!

Regards

Nige
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
It seems your luck is in as it happens the post has been removed. I wonder why??
rae
This message has been deleted by Sue. Reason: There is no need for name calling and personal attacks like this.

I dont take any interest in you at all, in fact after this reply I wash my hands of it as I wont let you pull me into this, I just dont like bullies and you are one. Hence why you have a small loyal following it seems.
please tell me why i should justify the amount of time i may or may not spend on here to youWhat you do in your spare time is your business, although it does comes across that you are unhappy with something and that is your reason for hiding here then enjoying your new life? I may be wrong
please tell me why after 10yrs working the beat in manchester, doing far more fri/sat nights than you will ever i should imagine, should i be interested in your take on thisMeans nothing to me 10 years or 1 year, yes I only work part time but I work hard, so much so that so far this year my arrests out weigh thoses of quite a few of the regs at my station, I do love my shiny letter that I got from my Div Commander, thanking me for my hard work, not bad for a lowly special huh?
and finally please tell me what the point of this post is as i find it rather ironic that it seems to be for no other reason to have a dig at me having a dig at other people.Well that is the point isnt it, you can have digs at me and others, why cant I poke back?
You seem to have this thought process that you have been a PC for so long and that I dont have a chance in hell of matching your skills and time spent in the force, and I all I shall say is we shall see.

And Nig, this is between me and Rae, you seem like a nice guy so all I will say is you don't know me and how I behave when I am on duty, lets just leave it at that shall we

Right so that is my 2p worth good luck all
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:41 am
Wish I was elsewhere!

sulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant future

Wannabe,

Not being funny, but WTF? The number of arrests you make against a full time officer means jack shit. You aren't going to get an MBE or anything.

I was a Special for six years before I joined full time five years ago. And quite frankly you are doing a huge disservice to serving, retired and future Specials.

Quoting that you have made more arrests than fultime officers reminds me of one of my Inspectors, who has moved on because all he sees is figures and how they make him look good.

Hate to break this to you but the job is not always about nicking people. Have a think about the oath you swore, because the one I swore said nothing about figure hunting and playing yourself off against other officers.

The job is not all about flying around on blue lights and having scraps with people.

But then you seem to know everything!

I for one can't see why you waited nearly a month to come back and have a pop at Rae, bt do us all a favour and wind it in.

I'm prety new to these forums but also pretty sure they are not for people to tear of strips, last time I checked Rae was helping people who are thinking, or in the process of moving to Canada. Info that he gives and has given has helped me make some of my decisions, and for that I am grateful. Maybe you should stop looking a gift horse in the mouth (rae no offence meant calling you a horse! ) You are lucky there are people like Rae who are willing to give information.

And finally,

If this is between you and Rae, don't put it on a PUBLIC forum!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Sulley,
I couldn't agree more! Wannabe, if you have a problem with someone then don't use a PUBLIC forum to try and pick a fight and provoke a response. It's not professional and shows a lack of respect for others.

Please take this advice on board, it's not meant as a lecture. Now let's get back to the subject of the thread!

Nige
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by nige1521
Sulley,

Please take this advice on board, it's not meant as a lecture. Now let's get back to the subject of the thread!

Nige
think this is the main point, my apologies if my responses detract from the thread, and that goes to d'boy to, i was originally stating what i know as fact was different to others experiences. thats all.
however i will respond briefly below as i think i have been hard done by, then leave it at that should this person want to go on and on. leave it with them.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:15 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by rae
It seems your luck is in as it happens the post has been removed. I wonder why?? it was removed because it was insulting to you, not to specials, i have never been insulting to specials, which is why you can't find anything else. this is your chip on your shoulder.rae
This message has been deleted by Sue. Reason: There is no need for name calling and personal attacks like this.

I dont take any interest in you at all, in fact after this reply I wash my hands of it as I wont let you pull me into this, I just dont like bullies and you are one. Hence why you have a small loyal following it seems. why are you coming on here and having a go at me then? i'm a little lost. i think you'll find that if i find something i may not agree with i put forward my opinion, thats not bullying i'm afraid.

please tell me why i should justify the amount of time i may or may not spend on here to youWhat you do in your spare time is your business so why are you bringing it up then

although it does comes across that you are unhappy with something and that is your reason for hiding here then enjoying your new life? I may be wrong unhappy, hiding here? enjoying your new life? this sentence does not make sense. and i think i have been nothing but honest in the ups and downs i have had personally and professionally since i have been here, and still have. don't tell me, you are coming here and it will all be roses eh!

please tell me why after 10yrs working the beat in manchester, doing far more fri/sat nights than you will ever i should imagine, should i be interested in your take on thisMeans nothing to me 10 years or 1 year, well this says it all, i'm afraid you will have to adjust your attitude if you come and work with EPS as seniority is everything here and if you state this opinion to a senior constable here expect a strong reaction.

yes I only work part time but I work hard, so much so that so far this year my arrests out weigh thoses of quite a few of the regs at my station, I do love my shiny letter that I got from my Div Commander, thanking me for my hard work, not bad for a lowly special huh? again your chip, i have never mentioned part time lowly special, these are your labels you have given yourself. tell me, do you think you are the only person with a good arrest record, does it not occur to you that there may be others? or are you that conceited.

and finally please tell me what the point of this post is as i find it rather ironic that it seems to be for no other reason to have a dig at me having a dig at other people.Well that is the point isnt it, you can have digs at me and others, why cant I poke back? of course you can, poke all you want. the bit i found ironic is that you have not been on for ages, this thread was pretty much dead, and here you are, stirring the pot? begs the question.

You seem to have this thought process that you have been a PC for so long and that I dont have a chance in hell of matching your skills and time spent in the force, and I all I shall say is we shall see.
its not a thought process, the more you submit the more confident i am. this is from 13yrs now as a police officer, 2 yrs as a sgt, 2 yrs as a nationally qualified trainer with the home office and 10yrs as a tutor constable. now i know you don't care about any of this and don't think its worth anything, but here is the thing. to obtain all these positions, and promotion requires a lengthy process where you are judged and evaluated by your peers and superiors, so all i'll say is all these people who have deemed me suitable to hold these positions can't all be wrong. but i suppose you know better than them too eh.

and on a final cheery thought look at it this way, should you get in i could be YOUR TRAINING OFFICER, or the good friend of whoever it is, what fun that would be eh!!
good luck.

Last edited by rae; Mar 11th 2010 at 7:23 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
and on a final cheery thought look at it this way, should you get in i could be YOUR TRAINING OFFICER, or the good friend of whoever it is, what fun that would be eh!!
good luck.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee its like Corry Orry! I keep seeing the sketch of the Liverpudlians saying "calm down calm down" Lol

I think you are all great! Guiness and footie for all sigh!